Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33314. (Read 26463272 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Sorry to steal the show, but even after spending 36 hours in an emergency care unit, I still think $1,000+ peak valuation is unstoppable before Christmas. My experiences tell that even the patients here are eager to buy by the truckload, as soon as they get into the position to do so. Not everyone was picked when he had all his belongings packed to two nice cabin bags (+the silver).

As in you are taking back the 300k prediction?

He's talking about mBTC. In other words a million dollars per bitcoin as peak valuation.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
Thanks for sharing your market analysis out of the psychiatry, reptilia. 300k USD until Christmas!

I assume, no pun intended.

It may go to $5000 at the peak of the valuation bubble; long term $300 is sustainable.

Go back to mental instytution Cheesy
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Sorry to steal the show, but even after spending 36 hours in an emergency care unit, I still think $1,000+ peak valuation is unstoppable before Christmas. My experiences tell that even the patients here are eager to buy by the truckload, as soon as they get into the position to do so. Not everyone was picked when he had all his belongings packed to two nice cabin bags (+the silver).

As in you are taking back the 300k prediction?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Thanks for sharing your market analysis out of the psychiatry, reptilia. 300k USD until Christmas!

It may go to $5000 at the peak of the valuation bubble; long term $300 is sustainable.

missed your comments man.. hows the psychiatry ward??? Feel safe??

i've been there when i was young. ( it was a young people psy ward )
their not much to say
the food is ok
you have no privacy
you can only leave if the doctor says you can
you have timed smoke breaks
random arts and craft during the week
and you may request a "chill pill" whenever you want
 Tongue
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

missed your comments man.. hows the psychiatry ward??? Feel safe??
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

I am currently detained in a psychiatric institution in Helsinki, because I need rest. My physical well-being is taken care of.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Activity: 238
Activity: 252
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x

I'm reading your posts right now...

Wanted to respond real quick to this
But the piece that didn't fit was the remarkable lack of volume or volatility after Gox came back up.

Could it be a egg/chick argument? Couldn't artificial stability result in lack of volume?
I mean one thing that keeps me from selling in spite of bad news  is when the prices seem to remain steady. Calms people, less volume.
I think I understand what you proposed: Because market participants see large volume on each side supporting price, they are less apt to trade.
Assuming that's what you meant...I completely agree. But the order book profile would have to fit. To make the extreme case - it would be a 100k bid wall at 116.80 and a 100k ask wall at 116.81.

When you looked closely at the order book, I thought it was unique - the order book was more heavily loaded, farther away from the current price point.  I interpreted this as a preparation for an explosive breakout from the price channel, when it occurred, in either direction.  People were preparing on both sides.  I know I was.

So to go back to your question - yes I think it is possible, but in this case, I don't think the bid/ask volumes were what prevented price movement. There was a pretty standard <1000 bitcoins needed to move the price a dollar in either direction. (Except for a brief period with a 3.5k ask wall)  The price could have moved, about as easily as pre-crash. It just didn't.
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

ok... apples, all I can think about is apples now after seeing this:

https://btcglobal.net/

HEALTHY BITCOIN APPLES
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Bye, bye bears  Cheesy

I suspect this will end in disaster.

Followed by an EVEN BIGGER PARTY

Anyway, looks like we're really in the midst of a decoupling from MtGox. Price 5% higher than all the other exchanges (this used to be really rare, especially for China), and volume dwindling. But will other exchanges still follow Gox's price lead? If they do, there is only one possible result: Price will be INFINITY.

Activity: 454
Do the conspiracy theorists still have money? With minds as emotional as that I can't imagine they'll be holding onto it for long.

bodude loves his conspiracy theories...

you shoulda seen the posts about China Smiley

At least I do it with style  Smiley
And with logic, I like to think.

I'm not in it to trade anyways sir, not in the stricter sense... I prefer to engage in general market sentiment discussion to gauge longer term buying in and selling points etc. Maybe I will attempt to trade again if there is another bubble in the future, but the finer stuff that goes into day trading... too emotional for that.

Same.
Jump to: