Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33329. (Read 26463137 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon
We are in uncharted waters guys....not sure what to think of current situation concerning MTGOX.
the whole mtgox debacle is a good thing for bitcoin. People need to find other ways to trade. I'm trying out coinbase and I love it.

I like Coinbase too. Clean interface, easy transactions. Unfortunately it's not really a platform for actively trading BTC as a commodity. No ability to set bid or ask prices. You just have to take the "market" rate which is MtGox.

If MtGox is not functioning as a dominant BTC market, where does Coinbase get their price?
legendary
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
We are in uncharted waters guys....not sure what to think of current situation concerning MTGOX.

Except -- exchanges threaten to close and actually close all the time. so they're not really uncharted.

Anyway, Gox will be OK, this will likely just be a relatively minor inconvenience for them.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
the whole mtgox debacle is a good thing for bitcoin. People need to find other ways to trade. I'm trying out coinbase and I love it.

So much speculation, so little movement.

By all means buy with all your fiat, then immediately sell all your bitcoins. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the volatitlity. Tongue
legendary
What bothers me is gox hasnt really said anything concerning the coinlab lawsuit and now the DHS shutting down their dwolla account.

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

So much speculation, so little movement.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
legendary
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
Bitcoin is becoming more and more antifragile.  Soon the blockchain will start hacking itself, enforcing regulations against itself, creating altcoin competitors for itself, all to grow stronger!

Soon it will be alive!

It already has a pulse!

Beautiful!
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Pretty good response to news so far.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The rally from $103 continues to bump along resistance, e.g. plentiful supply at $116.

I think the supply won't be enough...

Damn bulls.
legendary
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
The rally from $103 continues to bump along resistance, e.g. plentiful supply at $116.

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 4398
diamond-handed zealot

Possibly the weirdest video I have ever seen and I have watched two girls one cup.......this bear video is really bizarre. 

you had to bring that in
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

Possibly the weirdest video I have ever seen and I have watched two girls one cup.......this bear video is really bizarre. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb5fGLNId5Q

Thanks for wasting my life I hope you know I can never get that 4 min of my life back I called my wife over to watch it..... we both hate you now.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
legendary
Activity: 966

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=ur767247eOM

Fag... Jesus I expected him to bend the bear over at any point. This one is weird the other one is creepy bizarre. I mean seriously in what part of the world are cars in a field more interesting than a man chased up a tree by a bear that part blows my mind. He cuts away from the man trapped in a tree by a huge bear to film a rabbit and cars in a field wtf!!.... that shit happens everyday where he lives shit is crazy.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
They can't predict the future. VCs have dropped virtually nil into bitcoin. Complete drop-in-the-bucket, easy exit shit. I don't understand why people think "all this money" is being invested. It isn't. Investing 6 figures, or a few million, is a cheap price to pay if the future turns sour.

I think the point is that there are serious people outside of the Bitcoin community investing, or talking about investing, which for most people, lends an aura of legitimacy and the promise of widespread adoption.

There's no question that VC's make mistakes, in fact, that's part of the business model. But compared to the sophistication of the average investor in the BitcoinTalk securities marketplace, I'd say this new money can rightfully be called smart money.

People are expecting a lot very quickly and are impatient. On the 22nd May 2013 we come up to an important anniversary. Three years since the first significant real-world Bitcoin transaction!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1195

Three years is a very short time in the life of a revolutionary technology.
Cars, phones, even the WWW took much longer to get traction than Bitcoin has so far.
The Bitcoin train will be crashing through everything in three more years...

Jump to: