Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33332. (Read 26463137 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I think buying BTC to leave mtgox is not a good idea. You may lose some fiat while you transfer BTC to another exchange.
Just use AurumXchange to instantly transfer your USD from Mtgox to Liberty Reserve (or some other payment system)
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
Don't be so quick to write this off..... this was likely just the simplest possible way to go after Gox. It doesn't follow at all that the feds don't have their sights on bitcoin generally, nor that we have seen the end of this in re to Gox, other exchanges or other operators like Bitpay for instance. Don't get all irrationally exuberant up in here! Wait and see, IMO.

I read somewhere else on this forum that Bitpay are probably in the same situation as MtGox with regards to this license.

Risky business, I'd hate to have my funds seized before they made it to a vendor !

source or that's just FUD/rumour...

the mtgox issue is very specific

Sorry, i know you're a serious guy & hate off-topic stuff in this thread, but there's not much to watch right now & I'll give you a bit of well-sourced FUD:
"Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?
In a Ponzi Scheme, the founders persuade investors that they’ll profit. Bitcoin does not make such a guarantee."

Guess who's spreading this FUD?  That's right, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ, the Bitcoin WIKI Cheesy

Smiley

gosh I hope I at least help someone profit!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Don't be so quick to write this off..... this was likely just the simplest possible way to go after Gox. It doesn't follow at all that the feds don't have their sights on bitcoin generally, nor that we have seen the end of this in re to Gox, other exchanges or other operators like Bitpay for instance. Don't get all irrationally exuberant up in here! Wait and see, IMO.

I read somewhere else on this forum that Bitpay are probably in the same situation as MtGox with regards to this license.

Risky business, I'd hate to have my funds seized before they made it to a vendor !

Sorry, i know you're a serious guy & hate off-topic stuff in this thread, but there's not much to watch right now & I'll give you a bit of well-sourced FUD:
"Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?
In a Ponzi Scheme, the founders persuade investors that they’ll profit. Bitcoin does not make such a guarantee."

Guess who's spreading this FUD?  That's right, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ, the Bitcoin WIKI Cheesy

Activity: 42
Either I am missing something or my guts are made of steel. Why are everybody acting like this minor bump in the road is so catastrophic?

It wasn't a bump in the road -- I think we just ran over somebody.  Should we go check?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Either I am missing something or my guts are made of steel. Why are everybody acting like this minor bump in the road is so catastrophic?

I, and I think the market, agree with you. We are still over $100. Had this been a few months ago the price would have cratered so hard people would be paying you to buy their bitcoins.

I personally can't care less. It's exciting from one point of view if only because we need to be forced off decentralising our exchanges.
Activity: 56
I seriously wonder how this is going to end up.

Because Bitcoin loves to troll us.

For once I think there is a good chance for the price to downtrend some more, that being said...

Spiked at $116, just saying.  Cheesy

A far shot from the 125 resistance, futile.

It seems like bulls never give up. They might be right, but I've been thinking downtrend for a while now, but this is the first time enough things have gone wrong for me to really have a bit more confidence in that belief.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I don't know why everyone is hoping for a DDOS. That's only going to hurt Bitcoins reputation even more, so nobody will take it seriously anymore. It's gonna hurt Bitcoins value in the long run...

Yup, that's what the people want here.
They get extremely excited every time something bad happens to Bitcoin. The more bad the better.
Then they start screaming about cheap coins while high fiving each other.
The lower Bitcoin crashes the more excited the get.
They actually would love to see Bitcoin go completely kaput. Then they can buy 1000's of coins that are worth 10 cents each. They would just love it!

Cheap coins people! Cheap coins!

Well said...

...and yet, these are the same people that make the price less volatile through their actions. Not a high price, but an agreeably steady one is good for bitcoin.

They don't actually want bitcoin kaput, they just get excited because their plan is to sell high and buy low and they're currently at the latter step in that process (albeit that step might also turn out to be "buy higher").

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

For once I think there is a good chance for the price to downtrend some more, that being said...

Spiked at $116, just saying.  Cheesy

A far shot from the 125 resistance, futile.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
I actually think that we're going up. All this shit with MtGox and we only dropped 5%? This shows how stable Bitcoin has become. Imagine this happening a few months ago and what would've happened to the price.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

Activity: 434

Spiked at $116, just saying.  Cheesy

not at all, just sick of it being one or the other... but let's stop being so conspiracy theorist...

big VCs risking all that money?? you think they wouldn't have looked into this right?
Activity: 56

Activity: 112
Just saw the huge spike to $116, seems like Gox is back for now. Bought instantly on Bitstamp @ $108 - Quickness is gonna pay off Smiley

Earlier I routed a few orders through Bitstamp too.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Activity: 420

Move it to Bitstamp. Way nicer interface anyways. Wink

I've traded on Bitstamp through Bitfinex but I did setup a direct account yesterday and yeah, it is pretty nice. Now onto verification.
Activity: 84
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
Just saw the huge spike to $116, seems like Gox is back for now. Bought instantly on Bitstamp @ $108 - Quickness is gonna pay off Smiley
Jump to: