Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33331. (Read 26463137 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
I made a btc withdrawal from gox but it never posted to the network. Anyone else have any luck with withdrawals?
I've had it take a couple of hours to transfer BTC from Mt.Gox (to another MtGox account) before now, and that's when nobody was attacking their servers
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
I made a btc withdrawal from gox but it never posted to the network. Anyone else have any luck with withdrawals?

Panic ?

On IRC they are saying they are showing up but it takes a little time.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
SMH. "Can Bitcoin Be Saved?"

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/can-bitcoin-be-saved.html?mid=google

The Bitcoin community is losing the image battle.  Somehow, not surprising.  

I'll wager you something that in a month the price will be at least $125 and that you won't see it touch a $100 ever again. The investors of bitcoin do not care much if the US exchanges are regulated or not. It will never be entirely regulated, even with a global government. And bitcoin has many other selling points.
Activity: 492
Merit: 500

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/can-bitcoin-be-saved.html?mid=google

The Bitcoin community is losing the image battle.  Somehow, not surprising. 

Eventually on donkey-ignore. If someone might quote when he reveals his real age (must be 17 or below) I will read it.
Activity: 84
Not hard to lose the image battle when you get targeted by shithouse journalism. In BTC's case though, press coverage is press coverage right now. They can say what they want, but the fundamentals of the Bitcoin system are sound, and that's what will prevail.
Activity: 252

The Bitcoin community is losing the image battle.  Somehow, not surprising.  

Additionally, I'm starting to have serious doubts that this is a random DDoS attack on Gox.  Hopefully it will come back up but I sure hope you didn't leave your money over there.  You might just be financing some new drones and new teams of regulators, for the USG.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
The best way to act in crisis  Grin:

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a shit"
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
There's quite a 'no man's land' between 112 and 115, is this because of the DDoS or are people trying to buy 'cheap' coins so they can move them to other exchanges and cash out there?
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Any official statement from MtGox for this down time?

It's a DDOS, someone said it on IRC. Prolexic are handling it but not very well !
My open orders just appeared. I bet we see some movement soon.
Activity: 434
Any official statement from MtGox for this down time?
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
Here is a mostly sideways trend bumping along mild resistance at $116. If surpassed, stronger resistance is at $120, and beyond that $125.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 151
Merit: 100

They can't predict the future. VCs have dropped virtually nil into bitcoin. Complete drop-in-the-bucket, easy exit shit. I don't understand why people think "all this money" is being invested. It isn't. Investing 6 figures, or a few million, is a cheap price to pay if the future turns sour.

5 Mega into Coinbase wasn't too shabby honestly.

Agreed, even with the large pools of money that VC's have access to, any investment measured in millions is a big investment, make no mistake.

It also probably means that they expect a return of $100 million or more if things work out.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100

They can't predict the future. VCs have dropped virtually nil into bitcoin. Complete drop-in-the-bucket, easy exit shit. I don't understand why people think "all this money" is being invested. It isn't. Investing 6 figures, or a few million, is a cheap price to pay if the future turns sour.

Agreed, even with the large pools of money that VC's have access to, any investment measured in millions is a big investment, make no mistake.
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

if you're going to offer up 15million, you're going to do some homework...

the legitamising of bitcoin is already on the agenda for these investors
Activity: 420

I think the point is that there are serious people outside of the Bitcoin community investing, or talking about investing, which for most people, lends an aura of legitimacy and the promise of widespread adoption.

There's no question that VC's make mistakes, in fact, that's part of the business model. But compared to the sophistication of the average investor in the BitcoinTalk securities marketplace, I'd say this new money can rightfully be called smart money.

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Don't be so quick to write this off..... this was likely just the simplest possible way to go after Gox. It doesn't follow at all that the feds don't have their sights on bitcoin generally, nor that we have seen the end of this in re to Gox, other exchanges or other operators like Bitpay for instance. Don't get all irrationally exuberant up in here! Wait and see, IMO.

not at all, just sick of it being one or the other... but let's stop being so conspiracy theorist...

big VCs risking all that money?? you think they wouldn't have looked into this right?

Jump to: