Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33421. (Read 26462267 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Incidentally, a stable price while 3600 new coins are produced each day means the value of Bitcoin is actually on the rise.

To be honest I'm pretty sure this volume isn't normal and neither is MtGox right now. Something has to be up, it's literally dead right now.

Also, if the "true value" is lower than what it is now (I'm sure that it probably is) the rising value per new coins doesn't mean much.

Also doesn't a bigger supply mean a lower demand? Wait how does that work with bitcoin?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
good point.
Oh yeah, my first HD 7970 OC arrives tomorrow.... my output will triple now Cheesy

OK, not speculation, and should be in the mining thread, but I will be speculating the BTC I mine.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Incidentally, a stable price while 3600 new coins are produced each day means the value of Bitcoin is actually on the rise.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
It's not just the low volume that scares me.  This coincided with Gox restricting and/or disabling bots. It appears that not only do the bots move walls to control the price, but they are also responsible for most of the volume.

link?

There are some reports earlier in the thread by users who had bots disabled/restricted.  I'll try to find.

Not surprising though. Gox has previously posted on facebook or twitter that they temporarily restricted the bots after a DDOS attack. I believe this was done shortly after the engine upgrade in April. Similar to the present situation, those restrictions also resulted in low volume and stagnant price.

*edit*

some reports around p 337.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2087032
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
Well, let's see... what are some eras of stability that we've seen before?

$5... until it exploded to $15
$13... until it exploded to $266

The waiting starts now Smiley
Sorry everyone, I'm late to the party.  Is there a theory on why the price has been so stable?

we are all waiting for a dump.

we know that somewhere out there, there's a bitcoiner that needs the money, everyone is just waiting to capitalize on his miss fortune...

its a sick sad world.  Tongue

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a118f693f73e94a05bc90abec3850a29/tumblr_mkl33hPpzB1sn5teeo1_400.gif

It's only a matter of time.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
It's not just the low volume that scares me.  This coincided with Gox restricting and/or disabling bots. It appears that not only do the bots move walls to control the price, but they are also responsible for most of the volume.

link?
Sorry everyone, I'm late to the party.  Is there a theory on why the price has been so stable?

The volume has flat lined.

movement is kill.

ghost town.

I imagine though that this little bugger is going to wake up eventually. I'm still thinking downtrend.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

we are all waiting for a dump.

we know that somewhere out there, there's a bitcoiner that needs the money, everyone is just waiting to capitalize on his miss fortune...

its a sick sad world.  Tongue
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
1k wall just pulled off at around 110. Depth to 100 was at 32k an hour ago. It's now sitting at 30.5. asks were at ~31k to 125, now sitting at 36k. Getting a little top heavy I think.

EDIT: bids at 30k now
EDIT: 29.9k @ 100 / 36.5k @ 125

Oh no, a massive 1k BTC wall pulled, sell... Roll Eyes
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Bunch of negativity in the Wall observer thread = time to buy.

But then, it's (usually) always time to buy...
Activity: 62
Merit: 45
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 294
1k wall just pulled off at around 110. Depth to 100 was at 32k an hour ago. It's now sitting at 30.5. asks were at ~31k to 125, now sitting at 36k. Getting a little top heavy I think.

EDIT: bids at 30k now
EDIT: 29.9k @ 100 / 36.5k @ 125
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
This is jsut a waste of time - BTC!!

There is no movement. I am selling and moving on to silver or other currency!

i'm picking up some my first few Oz of silver at 18.50

I thought it is at 24.50 something?

i'll buy in a few months.
Activity: 252
Willingly being blind doesn't mean the market is too.

Agreed!  The fall is coming regardless.  Just my speculations of course but some people are about to lose a fortune.  Only time will tell.  I'm good either way.
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
all indicators I see support a huge drop.  

Willingly being blind doesn't mean the market is too.
Jump to: