Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33416. (Read 26462315 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Im going short here fully leveraged. This reminds me of the recent 140 high with no volume. Looking for 105ish to make me a nice 25% gain.

Was just on cam with Bitsinmyhead, was a little awkward.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
volume on the rise
not boring anymore
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Gentlemen, we are going up.  Grin
500k of Bitcoins to start your day. Someone was hungry. And we barely moved. Tongue

But someone removed ~5k from 115.

Yup looks a lot better. 1.2M to 20, 10k coins. Should be able to slowly move up, that last wall at 120 is a big chunk of it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
false breakout?
hope not ...  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
500k of Bitcoins to start your day. Someone was hungry. And we barely moved. Tongue

But someone removed ~5k from 115.

Edit: 500k?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Wow, props to Rampion on that timing

This is only the beginning.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wow, props to Rampion on that timing
There will be a bloodshed very soon, and I see bears in a world of pain.

Good luck to the ones shorting with 4:1 leverage Cheesy

The bids are pushing forward, much newer orders.

Median order date for the asks <= 122 is Wed, May 8th 15:18:25 GMT.
Median order date for the bids >= 102 is Thu, May 9th 01:42:53 GMT.

That means half the asks from 114-122 were made before Wed, May 8th 15:18:25 GMT. That close to the edge, that's a lot of orders that are in no hurry to sell and haven't changed for days.
The bids are much more recent and pilling up faster. When it gets pushed, it's likely to be pushed up. How far depends on how many people join in.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
There will be a bloodshed very soon, and I see bears in a world of pain.

Good luck to the ones shorting with 4:1 leverage Cheesy

Very interesting post - it describes my position perfectly.  After a week of buying selling several times a day, I've been left on the sidelines waiting for movement before jumping back in.

How long would you expect this "stability" to last?  

I have a feeling there are a lot of people waiting.

$103-$104 will scare a few people into selling, others might sell into the drop hoping to push it even lower letting them get back in. It should shake up the ask resistance at a minimum.

$118-$119 will lure some people in who are hungry for a rally. It also causes some asks to pull the order, wait to see how far the mini rally goes, then sell.

But we're talking a lot of coins down, a lot of fiat up. Those ask/bids are extremely staggered. You can watch them jostle for position trying to get in front to be the first bid buying or the first ask selling. It's actually pretty funny watching them shift around. Which leads me to believe there's not many fake walls on either side at least in the 5% up/down range.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I return to my uneternal slumber...

where will we be when the sun rises? More nowhere perhaps. I'm expecting the downtrend to continue though.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
This is called market making and is very healthy/quite useful. From what I hear, mature markets all have this type of behavior in very large volumes.

For bitcoin, it allows entities like bitpay, coinbase, etc to operate with limited slippage.

For Bitcoin I agree it's a good thing. I personally prefer volatility, bloodshed, panic, despair, exuberance and then of course exhaustion. I guess the roller coaster has to slow down at some point, at least for awhile. Wink

Just wait... any market makers that have too tight a clamp on the market will get washed out as soon as we break out decisively.
This is called market making and is very healthy/quite useful. From what I hear, mature markets all have this type of behavior in very large volumes.

For bitcoin, it allows entities like bitpay, coinbase, etc to operate with limited slippage.

For Bitcoin I agree it's a good thing. I personally prefer volatility, bloodshed, panic, despair, exuberance and then of course exhaustion. I guess the roller coaster has to slow down at some point, at least for awhile. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: