Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33431. (Read 26462195 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
How cool is it that the bearish highs and bullish lows have converged on the one month anniversary of the big crash from 266?

Mere coincidence or divine forces at work? Cheesy

There's nothing "divine" about a month, though. arbitrary human construct, no?

Maybe not divine, but a month is not arbitrary.  It is based on the lunar cycle.

Thank you, was just about to post this

Based on but not equal. The lunar cycle is 29.53059 days, while no month is.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Risto got his 700 btc ...
now worth 76,693.08 USD
92,000 was what he paid
(+ bank fees for sure)

When he sell them for 300k a piece in November and bank 200 millions you'd wish you haven't posted this  Grin
If he has any bitcoin when it hits $300k I'm sure what he posted in May will be the least of his concern.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
How cool is it that the bearish highs and bullish lows have converged on the one month anniversary of the big crash from 266?

Maybe not divine, but a month is not arbitrary.  It is based on the lunar cycle.

Thank you, was just about to post this
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
now worth 76,693.08 USD
92,000 was what he paid
(+ bank fees for sure)

They're not worth ~77k US today, he can sell them today for that amount. They are worth considerably more Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Has Gox limited or disabled the bots?  If so, it's a bad omen when that results in almost no volume... Another indication of how much control the bots really have.

my "client" is effectively disabled. can't do api calls at all. don't know what to do to get around cloudfare ddos protection stuff. apparently this: http://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-im-under-attack-mode got activated.

crap, it's true. probably many bots are disabled. let's see what the humans do... probably not much.

Try disabling certificate checking.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
If this is true im floored by how much bots contribute to volume. I must be a dinosaur here, tradingwith my brain, eyes and mouse
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
now worth 76,693.08 USD
92,000 was what he paid
(+ bank fees for sure)

When he sell them for 300k a piece in November and bank 200 millions you'd wish you haven't posted this  Grin
Activity: 1288
Merit: 524
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
bitcoin market is so thin I am still surprised

right now when i buy or sell 500 coins it can really move bitcoin around, sometimes 2%

if I changed that to 2000 coins, some people on this thread would probably call it a "mini wall" on the graphs

2000 coins at market would often move bitcoin 4% is my guess.

wondering what would have more effect on making the market go my way, walking it up or down, or just making my own mini wall?

donator
Merit: 1019
Has Gox limited or disabled the bots?  If so, it's a bad omen when that results in almost no volume... Another indication of how much control the bots really have.

my "client" is effectively disabled. can't do api calls at all. don't know what to do to get around cloudfare ddos protection stuff. apparently this: http://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-im-under-attack-mode got activated.

crap, it's true. probably many bots are disabled. let's see what the humans do... probably not much.
Activity: 112
now worth 76,693.08 USD
92,000 was what he paid
(+ bank fees for sure)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
Game over, new equilibrium has been found. :-)
legendary
Has Gox limited or disabled the bots?  If so, it's a bad omen when that results in almost no volume... Another indication of how much control the bots really have.

Not to my knowledge. I guess there are simply no buy/sell signals for the bots.
What should a bot do if the market is moving sideways?

The error I'm getting with my bot is certificate verification failed. God only knows what they're up to.

Edit: Looks like data.mtgox.com is using the certificate from www.mtgox.com. It's amateur hour (or four), guys.
donator

Activity: 84
Once the masses realize how important the bots are in pumping up the price to artificial levels, they will beg Gox to turn the bots back on.
legendary
What does slippage mean on theBTC clarkmoody page?
I think its how much money is wasted due to rounding error...not sure though...

Nah, if you buy you buy from the asks but you cannot simply multiple the ask price with the amount of Bitcoins you want to buy if the number of Bitcoins you wish to buy exceeds the number of Bitcoins offered at that ask price. Slippage shows how much more you have to pay over the current market price to get the number of Bitcoins you wish to acquire.

The same holds true for the selling side of course Smiley

Yeah, I think the rounding error is the plot to Superman 3.
donator
RSI flatline at exactly 50, with ridiculously low volumes. I don't know what to think.
This being Bitcoin, it has to mean that something is about to get kicked loose, right?

Yes, I think so. However, it's also a christian holiday today as you might be aware.
Extended periods of low volume slowly creep up until the situation becomes characterized by a large market order. Market hasn't shown any willingness to break 116 since the last time it was 120 and 114 is also 12 hours behind us.

30k depth to 100 may be the only thing stopping the market sells
Has Gox limited or disabled the bots?  If so, it's a bad omen when that results in almost no volume... Another indication of how much control the bots really have.

Someone posted on facebook about his price checker app getting banned. I presume it relied on the APIs.

Gox has restricted bots in the past by doing something with the APIs or banning accounts/IPs.  I can't find their post about it, but I know it's been done. Wouldn't be surprised if the same is going on now.

*edit*

Also, I'm seeing a lot less of the obvious bot orders (0.0001, etc).  There are still a few, but it's a tiny fraction of what was going on yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

Jump to: