Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33429. (Read 26462194 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
I think we finally did it, against all odds bitcoin is finally STABLE!

Stable Bitcoins Party!!!

Yay! To the moon... Oh, wait.
Activity: 358
Merit: 10

just added to Addblock Plus and puff gone!

BTW in Germany and some other EU Countries is Holiday Today i would wait till Morning to Party...
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Stable price with almost no volume is nothing to celebrate.

LOL, I disagree with you on that one and eagerly await the outcome.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

which triangle is this? one since the crash or a shorter term one?

I've heard different estimates on the eta for the post crash...
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
this bollinger squeeeeze is suffocating.

i think i could learn to love it though.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
Wow...haven't seen BTC this stable since the late '90's.

Great for BTC -- terribly boring for my day trading hobby however. But ya, good news overall...
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yes: we're stable. In the meanwhile bid sum keeps creeping up, we're not very far from all time high (which was aprox. $23M).

IMO Bitcoin is very healthy. Money is not running out. I could use a 2011 bid sum graph, anybody knows where to get it? Blockchained data starts in January 2012.

Agreed. A little stability is great for the market overall.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Yes: we're stable. In the meanwhile bid sum keeps creeping up, we're not very far from all time high (which was aprox. $23M).

IMO Bitcoin is very healthy. Money is not running out. I could use a 2011 bid sum graph, anybody knows where to get it? Blockchained data starts in January 2012.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

nope, that's not it. I just tried exact same client from another host. works fine.

most likely my IP (or subnet, cause changing dyn ip doesn't help) is blocked by ddos protection (cloudfare). I can still use mtgox.com website, but according to ne0futur that's behind prolexic, not cloudfare.

Is the other host on a different subnet? If you are natted, they should have the same IP I would think.

other host is on completely different subnet (different provider)
Activity: 84
Stable price with almost no volume is nothing to celebrate.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Tbh I think people are overestimating last night's mind DDOS. The API was unresponsive and the website down for like 15 minutes two times with a five minutes gap in between. It was already a period of extremely low volume. When it came back up the most notable thing was that a 200 BTC market buy drove the price up from 109 to 112 since asks were barren after the ~1kish dump that took it below 110.

You can't draw many meaningful conclusions amidst a no volume phase.

volume is not low.

its not high, but its not low either.....

No, it's low.

their are many many daily candles that have much lower volume at lower prices.

if you think of volume in currency terms, the "low" volume we are seeing now was unheard of 2 months ago.

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
I think we finally did it, against all odds bitcoin is finally STABLE!

Stable Bitcoins Party!!!
Tbh I think people are overestimating last night's mind DDOS. The API was unresponsive and the website down for like 15 minutes two times with a five minutes gap in between. It was already a period of extremely low volume. When it came back up the most notable thing was that a 200 BTC market buy drove the price up from 109 to 112 since asks were barren after the ~1kish dump that took it below 110.

volume is not low.

No, it's low.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

volume is not low.

Tbh I think people are overestimating last night's mild DDOS. The API was unresponsive and the website down for like 15 minutes two times with a five minutes gap in between. It was already a period of extremely low volume. When it came back up the most notable thing was that a 200 BTC market buy drove the price up from 109 to 112 since asks were barren after the ~1kish dump that took it below 110.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Someone needs to check Bitcoin still has a pulse ...
I think traders became resilient to DDoS. Not many newbies coming in (hey, the bubble popped), and usual traders know that if Gox goes down, their funds will be there as soon as it comes up again. No panic.

In fact, the last few days of huge lag where during mini-rallies, not during dumps... Didn't they?

I agree. A lot less panic. The longer we're above $100, people generally accept that $100-$130 is a reasonable range/value for BTC. If Mtgox goes down, that doesn't mean it's about to hit $50. Before people were very skeptical of the value during the run up to $266. The longer we stay here the more "normal" and accepted it gets. A "crash" has turned into value buying for day traders and bots. Every DDoS has less impact, people wait it out and continue on their way. Less panic, more stability. Hopefully we keep some volatility. ;P
It's not just bots.

The site has been up and down. So plenty of "real" people were unable to get on. Lots of BTC businesses use the api to make trades, like Bitinstant. I also believe there are trading platforms that use the api to do trades on MtGox. I don't think the drop is just trading bots.

what is remarkable is that there are no accompanying large sells on other markets and no panic. This is not the usual ddos play, is it?

This might be a "lost money and I'm pissed" ddos. Haven't seen much trade lag, looks like more of an attack on MtGox and not so much on the exchange itself.
Jump to: