Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33511. (Read 26461423 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Already 7000btc just to get back to 125, lol.
Maybe the same guy that did a market order for 50k btc Friday is the one with the 2 million dollars bid wall and his trying to save the ship with these market orders now?
Someone big wants (or wanted) us to go higher... Much higher.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
HAHA someone is desperately buying trying to prevent this from looking like the top.

Price drops to 117, and he clears out the asks to 124, hmmm....

I really whoever is doing this. Seems like an overconfident rich kid Wink

Another reason never to place market orders without a corresponding limit order.

Yes it does feel like that. Right now they seem to be throwing a tantrum that the price is dropping and and willing to buy a lot of BTC up to 124-125 in hopes to restart the climb.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
SLIDE ! Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boj75h3urLU

(I know I already posted this. I just find it funny every time, like I'm stupid I know, sorry  Smiley)
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
In the Erisian Archives is an old memo from Omar to Mal-2: "I find the Law of Fives to be more and more manifest the harder I look."

_HAIL ERIS !_

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
HAHA someone is desperately buying trying to prevent this from looking like the top.

Another reason never to place market orders without a corresponding limit order.

Imagining a black but is actually faced with a grizzly...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Already 7000btc just to get back to 125, lol.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
What the hell, market orders all over the place...

This is just stupid.

WTF

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Someone sold over 4000 Bitcoin for about 116 when the market it at 119 Huh

Why does someone do that?
Activity: 544
legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363
Found this on ariva.de :

Bears is this useful?
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

I use the Chrome web browser. Its tools permit the monitoring of the TCP traffic between client and server - and so I watch Clark Moody's app to confirm the socket.io API that Mt. Gox uses. I likewise found Mt.Gox performance to be annoying.

It's not so much the API as the socket.io thing. I'm sure I can work it out though. I want to write an app for Android so I can see the charts realtime like a picture viewer without having to do a browser deal. Though probably someone has already done that. Often seems to be the way these days.

Coincidentally, the same websocket library I got working a year ago for Android, was the one that I grafted socket.io capability onto in my recent Java desktop app. Your idea should work fine. Getting the realtime depth list synched up with trades is not easy due to the fact that Mt. Gox appears to have separate server processes providing this information, without Consistency as defined by database folks.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
How is it possible to have such a lag with this smallish volume? What a joke.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Activity: 518
I just don't trust this rally at all and am not convinced it's got much more life in it

As bullish as I usually am, I have the same sentiment.  I think we'll see lows highs and higher lows for a while until we settle somewhere between 100-115.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

I use the Chrome web browser. Its tools permit the monitoring of the TCP traffic between client and server - and so I watch Clark Moody's app to confirm the socket.io API that Mt. Gox uses. I likewise found Mt.Gox performance to be annoying.

It's not so much the API as the socket.io thing. I'm sure I can work it out though. I want to write an app for Android so I can see the charts realtime like a picture viewer without having to do a browser deal. Though probably someone has already done that. Often seems to be the way these days.

I don't understand the top-of-the-hour stuff. If it happened before, I'd just think it was Gox but I'm thinking it must be something I'm doing that's blocking the requests.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

A few months ago I wrote a Java websocket/socket.io client for Mt. Gox that processes the depth chart to explore my notions about depth and tick data. The ChartBuddy 3-D depth chart periodically posted here shows the time dimension like I wanted - so no point in going further. But I did learn enough about the Mt. Gox API to very deeply appreciate the cleverness employed by Clark Moody who ties together Mt. Gox trades and depth changes.

I wanted to do the socket.io thing (and still do for another project) but found it poorly documented and jumped on the http in the end. I still need to figure out why I appear to be regularly missing the first few minutes each hour from Gox. It's not always but it's often enough to be annoying.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Monday volatility is here. Now we start to see where the price really wants to go.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

But I agree, in general, with the sentiment. I don't see the market cap of bitcoin being 3 trillion by the end of the year. I think we could see $10k, which is a market cap of ~$100 billion.

Bear in mind that the market cap is somewhat meaningless. It doesn't mean that if you dump all the bitcoins on the market, you end up with $3 trillion.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100

Jump to: