Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33514. (Read 26461423 times)

donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
[...] or leaves me with $220k funny money, and my remaining bitcoins valued at $300k/BTC in October, 2013.
Lol.  Go take an anti-delusion pill.

It should be obvious that anyone *really* believing the cruft you write wouldn't be selling, at any time, ever, for whatever reason.

Ergo, you don't believe this crap yourself.
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

It appears to me that the capitulation pattern from $145 to $80 has ended. Three days to fall to $80, and three days to recover back to $124.

Question whether the price will surpass $145 or $160 this month - I believe not, based upon the notion that we are in a collapsing bubble.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I think our $2 million guy managed to know how to buy with multiples 999btc buys at the high price..
They seem to always be placed at .89, .90, .91, under round prices.
I don't think he's really buying. Some got partially sold into but they keep popping in and out.
Looks like a pump. Not sure why.

No i can assure you they are getting bought into.He just wants to be top in the buy list.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
I think our $2 million guy managed to know how to buy with multiples 999btc buys at the high price..
They seem to always be placed at .89, .90, .91, under round prices.
I don't think he's really buying. Some got partially sold into but they keep popping in and out.
Looks like a pump. Not sure why.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Looks like I was wrong about $120 and $125...or did someone actually dump a lot of coins around that price?  Huh (I've been asleep, good morning)

We haven't hit 125
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Interesting chart. Where did you get it from?

From a colleague of mine, who used bitcoincharts.com data.

ManBearPig has price data going back to 2009 which shows the trend has been consistent from the start,

Hey Smiley I need to update the all-time chart but here's the last one from a month ago:

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Forget the Chinese news, Bitcoin on btcchina.com is already cheaper than on mtgox again.

By the way: oanda.com, on of the biggest currency exchange rate sites shows the (a) Bitcoin rate now.

We wont really see the effects of the TV show in China for at least another few days and pushing well into the weeks and months. To dismiss it as over already, is pretty shortsighted.

Exactly. Once those downloaders realise what they've downloaded is not mining software, they'll be investing. We are anyway just recovering from being massively oversold and the Gox legal case.

Higher lows is the general trend.
legendary
Activity: 1428
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Fresh? You have to be kidding me. That is week old news that everyone who is aware of anything around here, is already aware of.

Yeah man, sorry about that, I just received the link on a newsletter today and I didn't see the date.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

ManBearPig has price data going back to 2009 which shows the trend has been consistent from the start,

I don't see any option at bitcoincharts.com for that type of chart. Do you mean he just used their data and then his own charting software or ?

That is a really interesting chart, probably because it just keeps going up steadily  Grin

If you could find the link that would be great - much appreciated.

IAS

Yes. Raw data only from bitcoincharts. You can set the chart you want, like this all-time daily one:
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#igDailyztgSzm1g10zm2g25
And use the "load raw data" at bottom left to get the numbers. Then chart it in any package (in log form)
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

Fresh? You have to be kidding me. That is week old news that everyone who is aware of anything around here, is already aware of.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

I don't see any option at bitcoincharts.com for that type of chart. Do you mean he just used their data and then his own charting software or ?

That is a really interesting chart, probably because it just keeps going up steadily  Grin

If you could find the link that would be great - much appreciated.

IAS
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Forget the Chinese news, Bitcoin on btcchina.com is already cheaper than on mtgox again.

By the way: oanda.com, on of the biggest currency exchange rate sites shows the (a) Bitcoin rate now.

We wont really see the effects of the TV show in China for at least another few days and pushing well into the weeks and months. To dismiss it as over already, is pretty shortsighted.

the bigger news is that the Chinese government didn't censor it
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
Looks like I was wrong about $120 and $125...or did someone actually dump a lot of coins around that price?  Huh (I've been asleep, good morning)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration

legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

legendary

I understand most charts, but this one is completely beyond me?

Could anyone kindly explain, would be appreciated! Looks interesting lol

It's the bid and ask walls.

If you go here http://bitcoinity.org/markets you'll see it in 2d.

Notice the wall at 125, you can see the ridge in the 3d graph. Those are snapshots of the wall over the last hour. Very little change at the moment. It's taking the 2d walls, making it 3d, and lining them to give you a differnet view.

So it projects that the price will top out around $125 and start to fall after that?
Not necessarily. It will fall when sentiment turns around and people stop buying / start selling. It will be hard to get past $125 yes but so was $100, $110, $120... so in the end walls mean nothing.

Right now most TA hints at a correction - we just can't keep going up, up, up, we're overbought. But the low volume skews the timeframe as of which it will happen. It may just hold for another few days as new money flows in and latecomers buy on the Chinese news, taking us to $130 or maybe higher. However the longer we stay overbought the harder it will correct.

I would say that a major correction won't happen until Wednesday. Normally that's the day for both the big rallies or crashes. Don't really know what's the logic in it, but that's how it is usually.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100

I understand most charts, but this one is completely beyond me?

Could anyone kindly explain, would be appreciated! Looks interesting lol

It's the bid and ask walls.

If you go here http://bitcoinity.org/markets you'll see it in 2d.

Notice the wall at 125, you can see the ridge in the 3d graph. Those are snapshots of the wall over the last hour. Very little change at the moment. It's taking the 2d walls, making it 3d, and lining them to give you a differnet view.

So it projects that the price will top out around $125 and start to fall after that?
Not necessarily. It will fall when sentiment turns around and people stop buying / start selling. It will be hard to get past $125 yes but so was $100, $110, $120... so in the end walls mean nothing.

Right now most TA hints at a correction - we just can't keep going up, up, up, we're overbought. But the low volume skews the timeframe as of which it will happen. It may just hold for another few days as new money flows in and latecomers buy on the Chinese news, taking us to $130 or maybe higher. However the longer we stay overbought the harder it will correct.
Jump to: