Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33548. (Read 26461090 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
You guys need to keep in mind that rpietila is the same guy who didn't know how to prove he had bitcoins other than sending them to some random noob troll and then asking for it back. LOL

Roll Eyes

haha seriously? quote?

Seriously. He sent 13BTC to a noob to prove he has lots of them and doesn't care but suddenly he went really mad and asked them back like 10 times before acknowledging the noob just said bye bye - which was obvious.

Human mind is a mystery indeed.

Sheesh 13 BTC proves nothing, i say if he really has that much money, send me 1000 BTC and i will believe. Since im German, you can trust me and i will send the BTC back for sure. What do you say ?  Grin

He did send me 2.65 Million Baht (about 92,000 USD)

He is new here and has some things to learn about our culture but clearly he has powder.

Edit: He is also super bullish on the price, but he is not wrong "yet". Time will tell.

Im sure about the powder, allthough it might be white Cheesy but yeah 1000 BTC to my wallet or it didnt happen. Who wouldnt trust a doctor Cheesy
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
China to the rescue... in my opinion cctv story is a big deal.. btc search volume is exploding there... http://index.baidu.com/main/word.php?word=%B1%C8%CC%D8%B1%D2

That Baidu search volume has data from 2008, which is impossible for Bitcoin. So the "exploding" part is meaningless.
Isn't there a better search term in Chinese which actually means "Bitcoin"?

Only 40% of Chinese families have a fridge. Under 10% own a car. 1000 searches by people in China adds up to one American 12 year old boy googling Bitcoin. About the same buying power. If China is going to save Bitcoin, just shut it down now we're screwed.  Wink

China has had a HUGE impact on the price of gold, and the American Dollar.  If they are considering holding BitCoin by the government that would be enormous.  If it is Chinese Phishermen, not as big, but still big.

If you think the Chinese Govt is going to embrace and buy a currency they can't control, you're drunk. They already crippled one digital currency. They don't even let people search the internet. They're the last Govt who will let people own an untraceable mostly anonymous currency. Come on. You really think the Chinese Govt is going to buy up Bitcoins? Stop drinking, get to bed.

They can't control the dollar and they bought the shit out of it.  They can't control the price of gold either.  The government buying it and the government allowing the people to buy it are two very different things.

Sweet jesus. They're not going to buy Bitcoins, ever, never, ever never. Ever. Never. Ever never. Never. Let's move on.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

He did send me 2.65 Million Baht (about 92,000 USD)

He is new here and has some things to learn about our culture but clearly he has powder.

Edit: He is also super bullish on the price, but he is not wrong "yet". Time will tell.

wasnt he supposed to send you 100K$?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Not sure the things to learn are actually learnable, in this case.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100

China has had a HUGE impact on the price of gold, and the American Dollar.  If they are considering holding BitCoin by the government that would be enormous.  If it is Chinese Phishermen, not as big, but still big.
Seconded.

Also, while the average Chinese is not very rich, there are lots of insanely righ people in China.

Culture wise, the various Chinese people I know seem to like cash, savings, don't trust the govt, and love gambling.
The government puts severe restrictions on the money flow in and out of China.
Bitcoin is perfect for them.

That being said, we better raise the block size because the blockchain is about to make make SatoshiDice background noise.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
China to the rescue... in my opinion cctv story is a big deal.. btc search volume is exploding there... http://index.baidu.com/main/word.php?word=%B1%C8%CC%D8%B1%D2

That Baidu search volume has data from 2008, which is impossible for Bitcoin. So the "exploding" part is meaningless.

Only 40% of Chinese families have a fridge. Under 10% own a car. 1000 searches by people in China adds up to one American 12 year old boy googling Bitcoin. About the same buying power. If China is going to save Bitcoin, just shut it down now we're screwed.  Wink

If you think the Chinese Govt is going to embrace and buy a currency they can't control, you're drunk. They already crippled one digital currency. They don't even let people search the internet. They're the last Govt who will let people own an untraceable mostly anonymous currency. Come on. You really think the Chinese Govt is going to buy up Bitcoins? Stop drinking, get to bed.

They can't control the dollar and they bought the shit out of it.  They can't control the price of gold either.  The government buying it and the government allowing the people to buy it are two very different things.

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

I don't see any volume in 2008... the earliest hit is in July 2011.
(Disclaimer - I only looked at the main chart and I can't read Chinese)
Activity: 938

Activity: 121
Do you believe the things you write?

Willing to bet that we won't be nowhere near to 300k/BTC by Christmas 2013?

Seconded. Lets get some escrowed bets going, rpietila.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
You guys need to keep in mind that rpietila is the same guy who didn't know how to prove he had bitcoins other than sending them to some random noob troll and then asking for it back. LOL

Roll Eyes

haha seriously? quote?

Seriously. He sent 13BTC to a noob to prove he has lots of them and doesn't care but suddenly he went really mad and asked them back like 10 times before acknowledging the noob just said bye bye - which was obvious.

Sheesh 13 BTC proves nothing, i say if he really has that much money, send me 1000 BTC and i will believe. Since im German, you can trust me and i will send the BTC back for sure. What do you say ?  Grin

I don't think he will fall again in the same trap. Because he wanted to prove he didn't care, but at the end he proved the opposite - so he lost 13BTC while demonstrating his pockets are not so deep as he stated Cheesy
Activity: 501
$1M this year is clearly impossible. There are limits to the growth rate. The bitcoin network can grow tenfold without hitting the scalability limits, but after that the technology to scale up does not yet exist. For any new technology, however provably possible, there are lead times before it can be implemented and introduced into production.

The lead times do not go away regardless of how much we increase the effort. Just as even though one woman can make one baby in 9 months, it does not mean 9 women can make one baby in one month.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Roll Eyes

haha seriously? quote?

Sheesh 13 BTC proves nothing, i say if he really has that much money, send me 1000 BTC and i will believe. Since im German, you can trust me and i will send the BTC back for sure. What do you say ?  Grin
ripetilia is big n00b dont listen to him or you will loose money.

I love slutty money.
Activity: 84
supernode
ripetilia is big n00b dont listen to him or you will loose money.
legendary

Roll Eyes

haha seriously? quote?

legendary
we're NOT hitting $1 Million this year.

Holders will be too horny not to Profit take and make a lot of money before the price is anywhere near $1,000,000

Only about 1.5 million bitcoins in speculative (fiat-denominated) hands now. All the rest are owned by the likes of me, I am not selling any bitcoins below the long term realistic value of $300k/BTC (except in anticipation of a correction and purchase of more bitcoins).

When I finish my current spree of public talking and start making money full-time, I think I can generate at least BTC100 every day just as profits. The other supernodes will do the same, and:

- first we will be able to absorb the new supply of BTC3600 per day, and
- then start to eat up the remaining 1.5M coins that is currently in the exchanges.
- Also I will be able to sell a minimum of BTC1000 per day to my strong hand clients every day starting about 2 weeks from now.

The endgame will be rather quick. Everybody who buys even 1,000mBTC now, will be a millionaire before Christmas. I will post more proof in the following weeks. Now I go to plan the conference, that will be the place to decide the practical matters how this will be accomplished.

I don't mean to be rude but I can't help getting the impression you're being wildly overconfident in your predictions and seem to me to be just plain dismissing contrary evidence.

Do you try to seek out the best evidence that's contrary to what you already believe? If not, I'm not saying events won't happen similar to how you describe it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone not quite as good with money and PR but a lot less apparently prone to cognitive biases appears out of nowhere and eats your lunch.

This guy is just delusional, just ask him where he found the numbers that are the basis of his "analysis" (bolded part).
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
rpietila is the biggest fool this forum has known, and there have been many fools

IMO
Jump to: