Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33630. (Read 26461345 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Has anyone tried to analyze what these short down moves are trying to accomplish?  It does not seem to be to just suppress price as it always bounces back fairly quickly.
What is the underlying motive then? Just trying to learn.

Either profit-taking - which is the case for buyers after April 12, or stop loss - which is the case for buyers above current prices. In the first case, the motive is to realize a gain in dollars. In the second case the motive is to prevent further losses. I do not impute a manipulation motive where greed and fear are sufficient.

Well said, I think I am getting it. Thanks
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
Has anyone tried to analyze what these short down moves are trying to accomplish?  It does not seem to be to just suppress price as it always bounces back fairly quickly.

Either profit-taking - which is the case for buyers after April 12, or stop loss - which is the case for buyers above current prices. In the first case, the motive is to realize a gain in dollars. In the second case the motive is to prevent further losses. I do not impute a manipulation motive where greed and fear are sufficient.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Many bought in anticipation of a rally on Tuesday which never came hence the selling pressure.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Trying to accomplish? Nothing, people are selling...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
All I see are weak hands that will buy back higher or go home.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
legendary
Activity: 1428
This is a correction cause the supposed influx of new money has not been consequent !
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I think $137.5 will likely hold. If not, it is just more coins to the strong hands, and the runup will be that faster..

The cup is now quite tilted to the downside. Expect immediate bounce to about $141.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I don't think it's a DDOS...

You really see so many trades to lag the engine? I see a ridiculous amount of trades. If that lags their engine... Wow.
legendary
whoever sold....LAWL! SO FAIL! HAHAHA!  Tongue

I don't see why you're laughing, anyone who sold can now buy more BTC from the proceeds of their sale.

What's to laugh about ?

I sold all of mine at $162 and they're now considerably cheaper so that would be a reasonable gain for me.

When you sell there isn't always a guarantee you get to buy cheaper. lol
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

I don't see why you're laughing, anyone who sold can now buy more BTC from the proceeds of their sale.

What's to laugh about ?

I sold all of mine at $162 and they're now considerably cheaper so that would be a reasonable gain for me.
legendary
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I still don't understand that dump. We were heading for 150.

Don't try to understand it. Just children playin' with their daddy's money.  Prepare for bear tears soon.
legendary
I don't think it's a DDOS...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It seems DDoS is not so profitable anymore. All weak hands seem to have panicked in the last few weeks. In fact we had huge daily volumes after the correction of April, 10th.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I love watching millionaires argue over pretend money.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I still don't understand that dump. We were heading for 150.
Jump to: