Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33634. (Read 26461412 times)

donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
I'm a whale.  What do I do next?   Undecided
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
We might not see much activity these days, May 1st is holiday in many countries and here in Bosnia particularly it is a traveling holiday, people move a lot during these days.

Oh, well, if Bosnia isn't on board we might as well all pack it in  Grin

Finland is out also. I don't mean we would significantly contribute to the "bid" side anyway, but the asks will certainly be withdrawn, about now. Roni will only be able to cap the price for about 2 hours more now, and even then his limit is BTC300.

Finland is most Vladimir club per capita in the world fyi. I personally know 7  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
We might not see much activity these days, May 1st is holiday in many countries and here in Bosnia particularly it is a traveling holiday, people move a lot during these days.

Oh, well, if Bosnia isn't on board we might as well all pack it in  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
Enjoy the stability guys, its not going to last long.

The insanely bullish comments from very respected VC's at the techcrunch meeting is going to start the hype cycle all over again. This is a floor we are putting in right now.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Quote from: loanexpress
[...] Pretty deep depth [...]

How profound  Shocked
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Stability is a blessing for the economy. Hope it will stay like this a while (understand: a couple of days  Grin)

Yes I apologize in advance for the imminent crash I just initiated by posting that chart. Cheesy

crash or rally, we don't know that. We know, however: it can't remain like this for long. Days is a stretch in my mind.

Not days! Oh the agony :p

I don't think we'll stay in this channel for that long but I also would be fine with it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
It is good to remember that there are no fake bid walls, but fake ask walls abound... Roll Eyes

It seems quiet, but be ready for serious action to the upside any time from now. If the sellers are not staring their screens, there is not much for sale once we clear the resistances of $167 and $267.

no fake bid walls wat???
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
It is good to remember that there are no fake bid walls, but fake ask walls abound... Roll Eyes

It seems quiet, but be ready for serious action to the upside any time from now. If the sellers are not staring their screens, there is not much for sale once we clear the resistances of $167 and $267.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Stability is a blessing for the economy. Hope it will stay like this a while (understand: a couple of days  Grin)

Yes I apologize in advance for the imminent crash I just initiated by posting that chart. Cheesy

crash or rally, we don't know that. We know, however: it can't remain like this for long. Days is a stretch in my mind.
Activity: 280
Slow steady rise for the last 18 hours, it's just a matter of time until the first whale takes a nibble and all the rest follow.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Ok, how about an actual wall chart again. This is the most "balanced" I've seen the walls on both sides for a long time. Pretty deep depth, but also pretty evenly spread out.

https://i.imgur.com/Mbkpmaa.png
donator
Activity: 668
Hit the offer or piss off. 
Dude, as any savvy trader would tell you, one doesn't hit offers.  One hits bids, one lifts offers.
Activity: 763
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
What part of "Wall Observer" am I CONSTANTLY misunderstanding? Smiley

In the UK, it would translate into the 'Wally Observer' !
Activity: 700
If I wasn't all in, this would be a safe point to go speculative long. (We intend to short it at higher levels today, perhaps $180.)

EDIT: I mean it'll have to breach $150 first but I kind of see it getting there Wink

Braver than I am. Earlier this year sell on Monday and buy on Thursday was a fairly reliable strategy. Price movement has slowed quite a bit though this past week or two. It would take a fairly aggressive move up that holds through Friday morning for me to take any serious short position lower than $7.50/BTC under my sale this week.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I'm not trading.  I'm adding liquidity and either selling a bit or rebuying sold bitcoins cheaper.  Bitpay needs bids to hit and so do you.  Lucky for you, I'm nice enough to provide asks too.

That's the side of trading I have no experience in. 

I've always thought of market makers as this weird creature forced to trade because somehow he keeps getting them and does not know what to do with them.

For me it's a win win.

I have quite a few bitcoins.  I'm willing to sell small amounts at these prices or higher.  I'm also long term bullish, so I'm willing to rebuy any sold bitcoins for cheaper.  If there is a big uptrend, I can get washed out, but bitcoin usually retraces.  If it doesn't, I have student loans to pay down.
Activity: 476
I'm not trading.  I'm adding liquidity and either selling a bit or rebuying sold bitcoins cheaper.  Bitpay needs bids to hit and so do you.  Lucky for you, I'm nice enough to provide asks too.

That's the side of trading I have no experience in. 

I've always thought of market makers as this weird creature forced to trade because somehow he keeps getting them and does not know what to do with them.
Jump to: