Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33713. (Read 26462349 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
These DDOSs are starting to become ineffective Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Well so far..

We've had a dip to $110

And a recovery to $123

Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I wonder if it was a sideways buy in.  DDOS Gox and then buy the dips elsewhere.
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
Well, the price dropped $5 on a major DDoS.  We're getting used to this Smiley
Activity: 448
Any professional service run by professionals in a professional manner would not be kept running when it is at a fraction of functionality and allowing people to trade blind.

However, it doesn't really matter - because people are silly enough to continue using it. Looks like y'all can't handle the responsibility of a consumer in a free market Grin

Various Goxxian Excuses
-"Nowhere else has volume" (what good is volume when you can't access it half the time or end up losing it all in a panic market sell that ends up being executed after the dip has already happened and you don't even see the price until after it's rebounded)
-"I can't get money anywhere else" (Look around, plenty of exchanges with various funding options. CampBX in US even allows USPS money order by mail in ~2 days)
-"All the other places are cheap sketchy fly-by-night operations that have been hacked" (And Gox is.... a cheap sketchy fly-by-night operation that has been hacked, so your point?)

Hopefully, if you are here and you use Gox, I have deeply offended you and shamed your family Grin Grin Grin

Keep clicking your ruby slippers together, Dorothy, and saying "Gox will implement a new trading engine... Gox will implement a new trading engine... Lag will be a thing of the past... Lag will be a thing of the past..." any day now Wink Kinda like those BFL ASICs Grin
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Lag at 40 seconds. 110 starting to fortify.

Looks like the attacker started buying in at 110, catching the bottom.
Merit: 506
Bought at $116, little early but I don't regret it Tongue If the other exchanges didn't go below $100 I don't think gox should either
legendary
Activity: 840
Lag at 40 seconds. 110 starting to fortify.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Down to 3 minute lag. I've seen orders everywhere from $124 to $115 in the last 2 minutes.
This could get pretty bad if they don't cut down on the lag. 23 minutes already

Edit: Lag decreasing quickly though
In the meantime bitcoinity looks cool even if not very helpful, kindly pointing to an ancient bid price Wink

Ancient = 2 minutes ago?
Merit: 506
In the meantime bitcoinity looks cool even if not very helpful, kindly pointing to an ancient bid price Wink

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
mtgox   0.02   a few seconds ago   ^124.77
Along with 15 minutes of lag. Cutting edge systems!!!1
legendary
Activity: 1414
Mtgox trading engine lag: 16m 6s
On the one hand they claim this is a layer7 attack then they show this prolexic report, which is about layer 3-4. If they have an attack vector for an application layer attack why spend the resources for a expensive network layer attack?
It still smells fishy to me.

If nothing else they are shutting down their service when under attack to prevent "lag"
Which is the only responsible thing to do. A ddos attacked market racking up lag isn't a normal market. Thus the only responsible way to fight back is to turn off the market for the time being till the attack passes. At which point allow people to trade normally once again.

If this really is a layer7 attack it might be able to be sustained indefinitely. And what then?

Lol, you people need to stop trolling with Gox going down "indefinitely." This has happened like 20 times before, and its already back up. This is like, completely and utterly boring and normal.

That's why it's called back to normal in the bubble autonomy chart.
So 116.52 USD / BTC -> "Back to normal?" So what are we in, some sort of a reverse mojo bubble?
mtgox   0.02   a few seconds ago   ^124.77
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
On the one hand they claim this is a layer7 attack then they show this prolexic report, which is about layer 3-4. If they have an attack vector for an application layer attack why spend the resources for a expensive network layer attack?

If nothing else they are shutting down their service when under attack to prevent "lag"
Which is the only responsible thing to do. A ddos attacked market racking up lag isn't a normal market. Thus the only responsible way to fight back is to turn off the market for the time being till the attack passes. At which point allow people to trade normally once again.

If this really is a layer7 attack it might be able to be sustained indefinitely. And what then?

Lol, you people need to stop trolling with Gox going down "indefinitely." This has happened like 20 times before, and its already back up. This is like, completely and utterly boring and normal.

That's why it's called back to normal in the bubble autonomy chart.

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Clear your cache to see wonderful numbers [...]

You're right, thanks for the tip.
Jump to: