Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 366. (Read 26465129 times)

legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
don't call me crazy
sideways until end of year
could be in the cards

A wasted Haiku.
Just the dudes opinion.
Seventy Sunday?

I could live with sideways for a year...

We all could
But the probably thing suggests it ain’t
It’s not written in stone… but it would be logically …
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
You are still early… how early? Imagine you adopting internet during 1990-2000.

I don't think many of us here have to imagine it.

I can remember operating microsoft word in DOS, which looked quite similar on a monochrome (non-flat) screen.
And by remembering this, i also recalled Eliza, my first commandline encounter of AI (oldschool insiders may lol here).
We didn't even have internet by this time, about the early 1990's, which was installed later in 1994 at my parent's house, when i was already operating Cubase Audio (4 Stereo tracks!) via mouse and keyboard in Windows, on Intel 486 or early pentium (75 or 90 mHz) CPU. 30 years...

wordperfect for dos

oh yeah good times
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
I still use Pen to write seed on paper as I never store it digitally.

using a pencil on paper may last longer than ink on paper

although archive quality paper/ink exist.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1891
bitcoin retard
don't call me crazy
could be in the cards

A wasted Haiku.
Just the dudes opinion.
Seventy Sunday?

I could live with sideways for a year...
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

I can remember operating microsoft word in DOS, which looked quite similar on a monochrome (non-flat) screen.
And by remembering this, i also recalled Eliza, my first commandline encounter of AI (oldschool insiders may lol here).
We didn't even have internet by this time, about the early 1990's, which was installed later in 1994 at my parent's house, when i was already operating Cubase Audio (4 Stereo tracks!) via mouse and keyboard in Windows, on Intel 486 or early pentium (75 or 90 mHz) CPU. 30 years...

Oh man this takes me back. I also had the P75 which I overclocked to a P90 by changing the FSB; looking back it was pretty cutting edge stuff for a 10ish year old. I really miss those days tinkering with hardware, everything was so fresh and exciting and overclocking often returned huge gains (Celeron 300A @ 450MHz anyone? Cheesy)
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 4576
Addicted to HoDLing!

wordstar, word perfect?

Meh kids these days always using the new fangled shit!

LocoScript. Who can remember that?

Never tried it, I was using TED at that time and never really cared about formatting as I was just kicking out line numbers.

You didn't miss much. It was actually a very good word processor, but the computer it run on (Amstrad PCW 8256/8512) was not very useful (except at the single task of running LocoScript).

Probably the worst choice of computer I've ever made, although now it has some historical value.

My next one was a Commodore Amiga 500, which was a truly out-of-this-world experience.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Flat until the EOY?

"Something" better brought to you via Chamath P. presented by James (investanswers):

https://youtu.be/WeBoPze3gNs?t=240

..up to 497K by Oct 2025 (for target go to 5:18 in the vid)
~200K by the EOY  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

wordstar, word perfect?

Never tried it, I was using TED at that time and never really cared about formatting as I was just kicking out line numbers.

I literally only used a word processor for school work and then just dropped them.

Even today I don't have one installed.
legendary
Addicted to HoDLing!

wordstar, word perfect?

legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸

The source code for Eliza was available in a variety of languages. I did study it.

A VSLM (very small language model, no training necessary ehehe) who basically aped your input in a condescending, shrink-like tone.

Using only few KB of memory and very few cpu cycles it is still able to excel all LLM by large and far in the areas of being utterly useless and annoying.

It is a shame that nobody ever ported Parry (the virtual patient to the virtual therapist Eliza) in something like Perl or Python - must have been fun to watch them chatter away  Grin

I still use Eliza as a fallback for my jabberbot when the cheapo-LLM backend goes south.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Thirty three stair flights
Three hundred ninety six steps
New record for me.

Belongs elsewhere but it is a decent haiku
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

wordstar, word perfect?

legendary
Addicted to HoDLing!
don't call me crazy
could be in the cards

Possible? Sure is.
Probable? Not really, no.
6 digits this year!

#replyku
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Addicted to HoDLing!

I remember my first modem (early '90s, 300 bps, self-made circuit based on the MM74HC942 chip). I then upgraded to a 2400 bps V.42bis modem and was so happy about the speed improvement. My parents weren't though (phone line occupied for several hours/day).

A typical 200 Mbps FTTH connection is more than 80,000 times faster, and we're still complaining about the speed...

Which goes to show that any bandwidth will always get filled up. There will always be something to transfer that will saturate it.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
Sunday. The dude's out
Rebuking sideways bear talk
The resident bull

#haiku
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
don't call me crazy
could be in the cards

A wasted Haiku.
Just the dudes opinion.
Seventy Sunday?
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038

I used Cubase on the Atari. MIDI only though... a different era.

The source code for Eliza was available in a variety of languages. I did study it.

A VSLM (very small language model, no training necessary ehehe) who basically aped your input in a condescending, shrink-like tone.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1184
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
don't call me crazy
could be in the cards

Yes, looks like it. Moreover, we can go like this until Fall/Winter 2025. Last cycle we had a premature top, then another one in November just before the bear market started. In this cycle we could go sideways until, say, November 2025 and that's when the parabolic top will happen. But until then, most hodlers will lose hope and sell.  Grin
Jump to: