Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 42. (Read 26453662 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
Go go go

61K in one hour

For what it's worth, most analysts say that a clean (daily, weekly) close above 61-something will liquidate so many shorts that the price pop will be epic. I'd like to see that. Gotta buy some (pop)corn.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2310
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed
Go go go

61K in one hour
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
I believe the price is affected by sentiment. However, miners have the sentiment that they want to sell for their energy costs plus a good profit so mining does affect the price through secondary effects. Price also affects mining so there is a feedback loop there too.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
if mining is reduced 100% all the mined coins are stuck and basically have no protection against double or triple spends if two people start to mine.
If mining is reduced 100%, all transactions stop and protection against multiple spends becomes unnecessary.

reality is you want btc to stay with a high price you need lots of mining.
I agree, but this has nothing to do with the rate of "production", which is basically predetermined and vanishing. You know this.

gold baseline price is not protected by mining in the same way.
Right. On the contrary, it could be argued that the price is hurt by mining.
legendary
Activity: 1819
Merit: 5547
Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser
Is it also possible that the bitcoin somehow goes to zero someday? Like how it could even possible?

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Is it also possible that the bitcoin somehow goes to zero someday? Like how it could even possible?
satoshi's wallet becomes active and starts rugging, successful 51% attack by rogue miners, the 'meme' dies and people stop ascribing value to BTC, some unforeseen black swan...you never know! BTC has only been around for less than 20 years as of now.

another instant classics 🚀
https://youtu.be/lbJxuxIpc_g?feature=shared
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2617

Well this is Going to affect investment and savings in the country.

We are definitely going to see a CGT increase here in the UK most people claim at the end of October in the new Labour budget.

But at 45% that type of punishment would simply destroy the incentive to realise a gain here in the UK:

A good critique why it wasn't proposed before the elections
https://www.rsmuk.com/insights/weekly-tax-brief/why-labour-are-not-raising-capital-gains-tax-rates

Whilst the UK may be an island, the approach of other countries in relation to CGT cannot simply be ignored. A CGT rate of 45% would be one of the highest in the world and nearly every country in Europe could inadvertently become a more attractive place than the UK to crystallise gains. It is little wonder that a CGT rate rise does not appear in the Conservative and Labour manifestos and there are good reasons why they may be keen for that to remain the case.

Personally I think an increase to 25% (same as corporation tax), 28% (current investment fund rate) or at worst 30% with no exemption allowance amount is more likely.

I can live with that on any future BTC realised gains even though I still think it's disgusting theft by a bunch
of tyrannical MF'ers.

Any more CGT or the notion of aligning it to income tax (which means you pay those levels on your income and then also
on any gain from investments from the money left over that was initially already taxed!), for most rich people it would mean indeed 45%:
Well, I'd simply relocate.

OR I can simply not work, and make sure I only realise up to £50K profit every year, meaning you still only pay 20% (the current CGT rate for crypto and Income Tax rate up to that level).

45%, no chance. I'd rather be poorer at £50K (=£40K net) per year.
Activity: 364
Merit: 199
I walk with the Light
Anything is possible. The price of Bitcoin is determined by the forces of Demand and supply.
So if all buyers and sellers believe the price of Bitcoin is $0
Then it would be, but the thing is if
Meaning it's almost infinitely impossible for it to go to zero currently.
Falling is possible but Zero
That's a tough nut to crack.

Lots of zeroes with a one in front of it.
This has an higher likelihood than it hitting Zero.

Edited out

Yeah every policy has who's been favoured and who's not.
Everybody can't really benefit, but usually most times the cost of the Tax are been borned by the consumers and workers. On Corporate Tax increase https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/19/politics/harris-corporate-tax-rate-raise-proposal/index.html

While on increasing capital gain tax and unrealised gain tax
Not an American, but I'm sure policies like this can cause companies to seek other countries that would be favourable to them.

Well this is Going to affect investment and savings in the country.
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 0

https://media1.tenor.com/m/nrAUQG9YGJoAAAAC/danpena-bitcoin.gif
that mad boi misses opportunity to buy when the corn was cheap now mad at all over bitcoin?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1891
bitcoin retard

Activity: 0
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Kamala Harris proposes ~45% long term capital gains tax and an additional 25% tax on unrealised capital gains for rich people.

God bless America.

links to the source

this link does not show that

https://rsmus.com/insights/tax-alerts/2024/kamala-harris-economic-agenda-sheds-light-on-her-tax-policy-priorities.html

this link shows it but is pretty much bull shit link
https://x.com/FluentInFinance/status/1826006448561938700

here is a fact check  on Joe Biden

https://www.reuters.com/article/world/fact-check-biden-willonlytax-capital-gainsat-40for-those-earning-over-1-m-idUSKBN26Z2BE/

now this link below is a complaint about unrealized taxes

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/beltway-confidential/2768082/bidens-proposed-tax-on-unrealized-capital-gains-fundamentally-misunderstands-what-wealth-is/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Pmax_USA_Magazine_21-June-Intent-Audience-Signals&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD8dCuxHCvdempOCoBCZvOUNh0hXQ&gclid=CjwKCAjwoJa2BhBPEiwA0l0ImJSvjw-luoRcOJJBybiv8afEpBLqe5e7NgkrfluoCtmYTtRbwo1kVBoC64kQAvD_BwE

found this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2024/04/30/americans-overwhelmingly-reject-bidens-plan-to-tax-unsold-assets/

if you have 100 million in assets he wants to tax you at 25%

that is even if you only are making 5 mill a year on 100 mill in wealth

while it sounds bad.

if you have 100 mill and make 5 mill you have 105 and after 25% tax you drop to about 77 mill and are no longer subject to the tax.

it would really hurt a person with good amounts say 2 billion in stocks the tax would drop you to 1.5 billion

I don't mind a one shot one year deal where the super rich of America get fucked hard.

If anyone understand the issues they would realize tax were very high for the rich up to 1960's .

So the rich did score for more than 60 years.

to take back a big piece in a year would be okay.  but we all know none of this is going to happen it is all talk

trump wants to give the same rich more tax breaks which is likely worse.

I would have no issue of taxing the shit out of every billionaire for a year or 2.

but not for a decade or 2

SO THE rich can be scared for a bit but the rich are slick and even if it is passed the $$ gained won't last as the government is on a 22 year streak of losing.

So bush lost every year but 2001 his first year.
Obama lost every year
Trump lost every year
Biden lost every year

who's next will run the deficit up all 4 years.

the idea is run it into the ground 0 for 22
Activity: 1008
Merit: 533
Pages:
Jump to: