Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 492. (Read 26466540 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

fees will stay high from now on.

That's been said many times over the years and has not come true yet. We will see.

have you looked at the mempool from Jan 2023 to april 2024

look  at it again.

do you realize that a 1 sat fee minimum would be 16 cents if btc is 💯 K

btc main chain is dead for small coin moves.

so LN

or ltc/doge for small value moves is what will take over.

it is simply a matter of math.

Despite the mempool, and prior to this latest increase coming into the halving, fees were around 10 sats. I don't consider that to be expensive. Buying a coffee was always unrealistic, LN is fine for that.

My local coffee shop doesn't accept Bitcoin yet but I just sit outside of it with a sign that reads "The Bitcoin tx fee is too damn high today!  A little help please." and eventually someone buys my coffee.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

and if you are in USA zelle is fine up to $1000 usd.

frankly sending btc on the main chain for any thing under 1000 is dumb..

LN may get better eventually,but btc is much more a buy and hodl store of wealth than anyother thing.

I use zelle for nocoiner people
I use doge and ltc for small sends as it is easier than LN

I use main chain for large purchases of mining gear.
legendary
Activity: 2050
Merit: 1184
Never selling

That's been said many times over the years and has not come true yet. We will see.

look  at it again.

so LN

Despite the mempool, and prior to this latest increase coming into the halving, fees were around 10 sats. I don't consider that to be expensive. Buying a coffee was always unrealistic, LN is fine for that.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary

look  at it again.

so LN

legendary
Never selling

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963
Man who stares at charts (and stars, too...)
The fees are very high, I read that it is because of the launch of something called RUNE, (I don't know what it is about)... but I will probably have to accumulate some BTC from DCA on an exchange before withdrawing... unfortunately. I hope things get back to normal soon.

Does anyone have any alternative to this, of keeping some BTC in an exchange for a while? before withdrawing to the wallet? I don't think there's much to do except wait

I LMGTFY'ed for y'all:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/runes-protocol-ignite-new-season-bitcoin-after-halving

Quote from: from the article linked above
The Runes token protocol is set to activate when the halving occurs. A battle for block space will begin where players will compete with each other to see who can issue the first tokens and the best token names, followed by a battle to see who can be the first to buy these tokens.

OMFG, hordes of apes competing over block space.
Ordinals must be stopped ASAP  Shocked

Additionally, in anticipation of Bitcoin network congestion, some projects are creating solutions to scale trading on the Runes protocol. In the past, a bridge that enabled the exchange of Bitcoin assets on Solana was successful. Now, platforms more aligned with Bitcoin are emerging — such as RuneChain, a Bitcoin layer-2 focused on Runes.

Chain my ass!
*SMH*
Activity: 364
Merit: 629
In ₿ we trust
The fees are very high, I read that it is because of the launch of something called RUNE, (I don't know what it is about)... but I will probably have to accumulate some BTC from DCA on an exchange before withdrawing... unfortunately. I hope things get back to normal soon.

Does anyone have any alternative to this, of keeping some BTC in an exchange for a while? before withdrawing to the wallet? I don't think there's much to do except wait
legendary

Explanation
legendary
I thought the fees would have come down a bit more by now but let's see how economical it is for these spammers to keep it up. Everytime this has happened before fees have come back down to reasonable levels, I don't think it will be different this time.

What I do know though is that I will not be transacting on the network while this keeps up.

btw if a fee is 20 cents for a 3 dollar spend I would say that's too high

the bit coin maxers will be forced into scrypt for small sends.
Activity: 658
Merit: 429
Hope Jeremiah 17vs7
This is my first post at WO, after my first halving, Thank God for life  Grin

Now for the big question
When is the dip coming

My colleague and I were really excited that we're going to buy the dip but now what we see sadden us while the sudden rise in fee is discouraging though it's getting better probably before the end of the day it will be normal

Will be multiple days before the fee is back to normal I think
Yes but the fee we been having since like the past week, we probably will still get it later today
legendary
Never selling

Now for the big question
When is the dip coming

My colleague and I were really excited that we're going to buy the dip but now what we see sadden us while the sudden rise in fee is discouraging though it's getting better probably before the end of the day it will be normal

Will be multiple days before the fee is back to normal I think
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 658
Merit: 429
Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

Now for the big question
When is the dip coming

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 2369
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed
legendary

Explanation
Jump to: