Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 493. (Read 26466542 times)

legendary
Activity: 2050
Merit: 1184
Never selling
I thought the fees would have come down a bit more by now but let's see how economical it is for these spammers to keep it up. Everytime this has happened before fees have come back down to reasonable levels, I don't think it will be different this time.

What I do know though is that I will not be transacting on the network while this keeps up.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963
Man who stares at charts (and stars, too...)
What's the opinion on Bitcoin transaction fees here? I'd say Bitcoin is broken if any UTXO under 0.001 BTC isn't even enough to pay for it's own transaction fee.

My opinion is that Ordinals were just a useless addition to Bitcoin. Maybe the chain should be split in a Core and an Ordinals variant, maybe with higher blocksize limit on the latter, to satisfy those blockwar-morons? IDK, but i wish inclusion of Ordinals would be rolled back ASAP. Who needs another sea of NFT's anyway?
I wish developers and individuals voting for BIPs would take a more cautious approach to add bitcoin functionality. It's not that hard. Just try to keep an eye on possible unwanted effects and outcomes of software "solutions" to problems or added functionality and address them before actually changing any code.
This type of thinking was the reason why i was hated by most collegues and even some of my bosses ("destroying" their "great" visions through factual criticism), and successful at the same time (through my own contributions and working alternatives to their "great" solutions) when i was working in the IT industry, back then.
Maybe Ordinals were orginally intended to break Bitcoin, who knows? I don't have enough background information on this branch/feature, so this is pure hollywood scriptbook thinking of mine. But, with an eye on NFTs and the presence of Bitcoin's slow transaction rate and limited block size, it would result in a nice attack vector to include the possibility to spam blocks, tainted as functionality.

Anyway, i was unhappy with the Ordinals idea as soon as i read about it the first time. This block spam confirmed my worries.

EDIT: And the whole drama with fees does have a touch of Ethereum to it, in regard to your original question, dunnit?
legendary
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
What's the opinion on Bitcoin transaction fees here? I'd say Bitcoin is broken if any UTXO under 0.001 BTC isn't even enough to pay for it's own transaction fee.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

Image loading...

Image loading...

Blocks now have a 3.125 BTC block reward and 10 BTC transaction fees. And as the above image shows: only a few percent is used by normal Bitcoin users with normal transactions. Spammers literally pay 4 million dollars per hour now to create meaningless Bitcoin dust.

See mempool.space for Mempool Goggles, and click Data to see only the "Ordinal" spam.
legendary
Merit: 2963
Man who stares at charts (and stars, too...)

Dude, what a crazy read. The last few lines tell it all: Days of no sleep... Poor guy fell into the conspiracy-theory trap hole and went insane.
Our biggest enemy is our own mind.

Slept over the halving  Roll Eyes No party, this time  Angry

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
We are up about 7.30X since the last halving on may 11, 2020 or 730% in 1439 days or 0.1385%/day or 65.7% a year.
Not bad, lol

65.7% a year means 482469.65 on 2028

I will sign on for that.

legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
Happy Halving! Next goal:  $1 million / BTC !

Goal by goal

first things first

A solid ATH...

Then 100 k Chopper
legendary
Going to the gym not for weightlifting sessions but participating in a intens workout program called ''Insane''.

Insane is a high-intensity interval training with long periods of heavy endeavor alternated with short stops will result in approximately burning 1000 calories!

Not that i'm fat but for increasing my physical condition/endurance.

Let's go!

Going as well to the Crossfit in about 1h and 30min

you should try it as well... its amazing
legendary
20 th of April.
The Bitcoin halving took place.
Historical day.

#FirstHaiku
legendary
Activity: 3512
Merit: 4557
Going to the gym not for weightlifting sessions but participating in a intens workout program called ''Insane''.

Insane is a high-intensity interval training with long periods of heavy endeavor alternated with short stops will result in approximately burning 1000 calories!

Not that i'm fat but for increasing my physical condition/endurance.

Let's go!

legendary
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
Nutildah turns 10
Bitcoin education depth:
Irreplaceable

legendary

Explanation
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
Happy Halving Everyone.

May this cycle and the ones beyond, bring you the very best that life can give you.

Best wishes.

I like this one

1. 11/28/2012     $12
2. 07/09/2016     $675
3. 05/11/2020     $9760
4. 20/04/2024     $63,838

“After today’s halving the inflation rate of Bitcoin has dropped to 0.85% per year, that makes Bitcoin’s inflation rate lower than gold for the first time ever.”

Happy Halving Observers!!!
Activity: 37
Merit: 20
Happy Bitcoin Halving 2024
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 4576
Addicted to HoDLing!
Happy Halving 2024 to all WOers!

Been catching up with last two days' posts. Looks like there was a party in these here parts -- missed it due to RL keeping me busy...

Funny how all those live GIFs now show 1458 days left...

Now it's wait time... Don't you dare sell a sat until at least ATH.

We're all blessed. Thank you Satoshi!
Jump to: