Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible? - page 7. (Read 29662 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
May 31, 2019, 02:07:13 PM
I have never experienced wallet hacking before but I think wallet hacking is possible. As far as there are tokens available in your wallet, there will be hackers there too.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
May 30, 2019, 08:58:00 PM
Sure it is. If you are familiar with the con-artist Ian Balina then he is a living proof that it is likely to happen. His mistake is that the put all his account passwords on a online service that he assumed that is going to make it safe from hackers but he was completely wrong. I advice you guys that for maximum protection, try to write your user login in a piece of paper.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
May 30, 2019, 08:46:53 PM
I also never been hacked on android phone wallets, also not on pc even if i take some viruses when i download some software but before install it i scan on virus total and after i delete them. So if take enough measures all can be safe and never can get hacked.
Activity: 251
May 30, 2019, 05:22:21 PM
Wallet hacking is possible even when a 2fa is enabled. Secondly exposing one's private key can get easy access to the wallet too.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
May 30, 2019, 05:06:16 PM
One of the simplest hack could be made using Bluetooth technology or public WiFi how it was with electric wallet, maybe I am wrong. Their Google spelling checker was one of biggest fail in crypto industry.
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
May 30, 2019, 04:55:04 PM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
It's very possible, if you are careless how to keep your private key, it is possible you easily get hacked also clicking on phishing link can lead to your wallet being hack. i have never fall victim of hack because i guard my private key seriously and i never expose it to third party.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
May 30, 2019, 04:31:45 PM
I will say yes to this thread topic, hackers have gone far in the business of hacking so they can do anything, although most times it comes from you as the wallet owner.
Activity: 815
Merit: 101
May 30, 2019, 04:16:07 PM
very likely the wallet can be hacked, I have experienced hacking of coins where the coin was lost in myetherwallet wallet. so it would be best if you have valuable coins stored in an offline wallet like nano ledger or trezzor to avoid hacking.
Activity: 434
May 30, 2019, 02:13:59 PM
For hackers, nothing is impossible. Any program can be hacked if not directly, then by means of a virus infection or a Trojan program. The same goes for wallets, from which a password / private key and a seed phrase can be stolen from you.
The best way to protect your wallet from hacking is to install it on a computer that does not have access to the Internet.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
May 30, 2019, 02:11:18 PM
Wallet hacking often occurs, this happens usually because of the negligence of the user, who gives a private key to someone else, and the frequent hacking is usually when we are trading on an exchange.
Activity: 328
May 29, 2019, 07:00:24 PM
Now hackers are moving in all areas of their DNA can all the paper they want because they have the tools and knowledge that are large enough to do the hacking, and to be an easy thing for them because they are already very experienced in this, especially hacking a wallet  security is not guaranteed
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
May 29, 2019, 06:57:46 PM
I have two sad experiences when I lose my money, even now I dont know for sure how hackers stole from my wallets, after that I bought ledger and still dont feel safety, but much better, I dont hear about hacked ledgers!
If you are using the hardware wallet in an infected computer then you might be in risk, make sure that you have proper security measure before accessing your wallets and make sure you use them on public networks as the risk of data leakage is really high, if you are storing the coins and you own the private key, these measures will help you secure your coins.
Activity: 308
May 29, 2019, 05:48:21 PM
Wallet hack, i think it is impossible if it just wallet not exchange wallet.
Wallet cryptocurrency is have a good security with high level security that mean it is so hard to break it.
The problem when people said if he hacked, i think he making a mistakes like let the other person have an access or phising website or spaming email.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
May 29, 2019, 05:42:27 PM
It is very much possible. All that is needed to hack your wallet is your private key.  Therefore, for no reason you should not give your private key out to anybody. Keep it safe as you could loose everything you ever worked for if your wallet get hacked.
Activity: 1153
Merit: 252
May 29, 2019, 04:07:16 PM
I heard many stories about hacked wallets, but most of theme it's happened because of press on a malawre link and give the information by fill the same form of the wallet website
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
May 29, 2019, 03:06:52 PM
In our world, there is nothing impossible to protect yourself, use only cold cryptocurrency wallets, for myself I chose a hardware wallet, it is easy to use and safe.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 29, 2019, 01:54:43 PM
It's hard to hack a wallet if you are careful. But still it could be done.
If a exchange like binance got hacked , it's cold wallet was hacked then you have to be sure that you also get hacked anytime. If you are a user of hardware wallet then it was very tough to get through your wallet. Even normal wallets with private keys also hard to hack. But of you are careless and don't know about this market. Anyone could pishing you and take the access of your wallet. Most of the time people get hacked because they are being stupid. And if you are a mobile wallet or a web wallet user mostly those wallets with email. There are a chance that it can go wrong. So be careful and stay safe
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
May 29, 2019, 01:13:47 PM
As continued as you are contained, it is indeed a process that is actually hopeless to slash, on the other hand unluckily, humans regularly plam ambitiousness as they action with hunger. So various of their gives are hacked.
Activity: 742
Merit: 121
May 24, 2019, 12:28:22 PM
Well, of course, it’s impossible to protect yourself from hacking by 100 percent. It is necessary to keep the private keys of the wallets in encrypted form or on encrypted partitions of the hard disk. Also always need to check the browser address bar to protect from phishing.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
May 24, 2019, 12:10:20 PM
I have two sad experiences when I lose my money, even now I dont know for sure how hackers stole from my wallets, after that I bought ledger and still dont feel safety, but much better, I dont hear about hacked ledgers!
It seems to me that most wallet hacks are due to the owner's inattention, as it is not so easy to hack into a popular wallet
Pages:
Jump to: