Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallets for altcoins - page 4. (Read 8275 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
💲
November 17, 2018, 10:07:10 AM
What wallets should i use for altcoins? Bought some LTC not sure what's better

there are a large number of options avialable to you right now. the simplest one would be a litecoin dedicated mobile wallet (free wallet) you can find it on android googleplay market. or you could use the original litecoin wallet for windows. if you are looking to hold other coins, you should download a multycurrency mobile wallet like ETHOS. it supports a looooots of altcoins as well as bitcoins and you only have to save the main passphrase in order to back them all up. it is safe and convenient.
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
November 17, 2018, 09:45:09 AM
You have to specify what altcoin you want to buy. You must know the basic information. You must know the difference of token/altcoin or coin. The altcoin is a crypto that runs on other cryptocurrencies (coin) platform or blockchain. And the coin is a cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain.
Activity: 192
Merit: 1
November 09, 2018, 05:13:52 AM
I prefer Myetherwallet I use this since I start receiving altcoin it secured for some reason that you have to be aware of usage. be careful with malware on your computer so Private he will not be compromised.
Activity: 378
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
November 09, 2018, 05:09:10 AM
It all depends on what system are your coins and this is based on what kind of wallet you can download. Can be of course and cold might use.
Nowadays most types of wallets use the ERC 20, because this wallet is easy to use and cheap for the payment, the transfer cost is cheaper, so I think this market is quite risky and we Secure your wallet more carefully.
Activity: 504
Merit: 112
quarkchain.io
November 09, 2018, 04:58:37 AM
Most importantly, private keys to wallets should be kept only by you. For ERC20 tokens, it is better to use MyEtherWallet. This is a secure wallet. You can not keep your coins and tokens on the exchanges.
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
November 09, 2018, 04:50:28 AM
I am using MEW for the ERC-20 tokens and any other coins I am holding on different exchanges to minimise the risks of being hacked or scammed. But I need to get a Ledger wallet to be completely safe.
Activity: 27
November 09, 2018, 04:44:26 AM

I have some ltc on RightBTC and on HitBTC. I think they are good wallets.
But also you can keep it in LTC offline wallet, it's should be the best idea  Wink
Activity: 584
Merit: 250
November 09, 2018, 01:55:20 AM
It all depends on what system are your coins and this is based on what kind of wallet you can download. Can be of course and cold might use.
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
November 06, 2018, 05:13:20 AM
For altcoins, the best way is to place everything on different wallets. This will give you diversification as well as a more competent distribution of coins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
November 05, 2018, 08:15:03 PM

For dedicated wallet for ethereum tokens, I use Imtoken, myetherwallet. But for litecoin like you have now, I use a good multicurrency wallet like coinomi wallet. It's good for storing bitcoin and ethereum too
Activity: 182
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
November 05, 2018, 05:47:19 PM
Well, if you trade and you do not want to store on the exchange then cold wallets , and if wallets for erc 20 tokens , then of course the mew wallet
Activity: 562
Merit: 101
November 05, 2018, 05:44:27 AM

if you want to keep your litecoin in the safest wallet for now,,
just buy a ledger nano or trezor wallet,, both are hardware wallet and you can store another coins too such as bitcoin, ethereum and the others  Wink
Activity: 154
November 05, 2018, 01:21:19 AM
i think you have to do research on this and select the wallet you liked.for me  nano ledger is better, if you like you can use.
Activity: 14
November 04, 2018, 11:47:50 PM
Depending on what token you're storing there are different wallets for different coins. If you're storing ERC-20 tokens the best wallet that I would suggest would be MYETHERWALLET.com. I had been using it for a couple of months now and did not encountered any issues regarding storing and sending tokens.

Yes me too, I am always using myetherwallet and havent encountered any problem. This is the best wallet for altcoins for me and I dont have plans to shift to other wallet.
Activity: 420
November 04, 2018, 11:29:23 PM
If you want to hold for long time, use the paper wallet for alts.
You can import it later to any ltc compatible wallet
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
November 04, 2018, 11:23:36 PM

Get a Ledger Nano or Trezor hardware wallet.
If you can't get hold of the hardware wallet. Get the desktop wallet in https://litecoin.org/ website.

LTC is not in the Ethereum platform and your LTC will get burned if you transfer it to an Ethereum address.

I just realized that lots of people here in bitcointalk are:
1. Do not even read or are not aware of the different platforms - hence the recommendation by some to use MEW  Grin
2. Post or recommend responsibly. If you are not knowledgeable on the subject, please do not give a recommendation, you'll confuse the OP and made him/her lose their hard earned funds.

Don't exchange (or wherever op's funds are) give error if he tries to send LTC to ethereum address?
Activity: 504
November 04, 2018, 11:19:58 PM
I think the best wallet for altcoins is ERC-20, there are no best wallets of this and certainly the ERC -20 is widely known
Activity: 392
Merit: 15
Bitwings !
November 04, 2018, 11:03:32 PM
Depending on what token you're storing there are different wallets for different coins. If you're storing ERC-20 tokens the best wallet that I would suggest would be MYETHERWALLET.com. I had been using it for a couple of months now and did not encountered any issues regarding storing and sending tokens.
Activity: 665
Merit: 107
November 04, 2018, 10:51:41 PM

Get a Ledger Nano or Trezor hardware wallet.
If you can't get hold of the hardware wallet. Get the desktop wallet in https://litecoin.org/ website.

LTC is not in the Ethereum platform and your LTC will get burned if you transfer it to an Ethereum address.

I just realized that lots of people here in bitcointalk are:
1. Do not even read or are not aware of the different platforms - hence the recommendation by some to use MEW  Grin
2. Post or recommend responsibly. If you are not knowledgeable on the subject, please do not give a recommendation, you'll confuse the OP and made him/her lose their hard earned funds.
Activity: 168
November 04, 2018, 08:55:19 PM
use the ledger - this is the best wallet I can give you.
Pages:
Jump to: