Pages:
Author

Topic: [Wallets Stolen By Hackers][We're Sorry][Contact Anon136 For Escrow] - page 11. (Read 77061 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I knew it, this guy promised heaven on earth within a short time. Are people out of there mind?  Open beta that only newbies account have accessed to?  Sending spam pm soliciting for investment?  To those that invested directly, you are greedy and you deserved to lose your money.

You've touched on the real skill that makes for a good scam detector: knowing code, knowing how to code, and having some experience coding. An experienced coder, I'm sure, can spot someone who "promise{s} heaven on earth in a short time."

Maybe it's because I got sucked in, but I was wondering if the original poster was a kid who thought he could 'bootstrap' his big idea by hiring a real dev to code it for him in his timeframe - and who then vamoosed because he got turned down.

On the other hand, his behaviour pattern fits a scammer who covered his backside in preparation for pulling off for another scam...
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Sorry to say but the money is gone for good and nobody can do a thing about it. I'm sure the "dev" used open wifi and/or proxies and/or tor so there is no way to track him down. He is also most likely in some third world shithole of a country where paying the right people pretty much gives you the freedom to do whatever you please.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Coin te author=Evilish link=topic=540017.msg6273107#msg6273107 date=1397771979]
We should pick this up as a community and get the coin going as originally intended. This thing still has alot going for it, if it would function as promised.

I say change the name create a team, and try to find a way to spread the coins nice and wide while giving the people who got scammed their hopes back.

If I would have had any programming skills I would have taken this on myself. A stable price would be the ultimate goal. ;-)

God I'm drunk pfffff

That's actually a very good idea. I myself would be able to fork an X11 coin. But implementing POS to an X11 coin, that's out of my skills.
[/quote]

The key is distribution to allot of people. A massive free Coin registry with a kind of lotto effect distributing 50% of all coins minus the ipo refund amount would be a great start. No whales for the first 50% could make it bigger as bitcoin.

Still drunk but also stoned now, when I'm like this I shit gold eggs. At least I think I am ;-)
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
The FBI can't do jack shit.
All it would take is the "developer" to hide their ip address and then they've got nothing.
Assuming they were dumb enough to not mask their location and they are located inside the united states, then you've got something. But the chances of that are quite slim.

Again, what is the total amount invested in this coin (non-escrow)?

It's time we took action not against scammers but against BCT.

Activity: 90
OKAY GUYS and GALS! ! ! !

LISTEN UP !!!!

I contacted the FBI - we will not need to contact Inter-pol - the FBI will do this for us.

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO !!!!

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Go to the above FBI website and fill out the form
WE NEED EVERYBODY TO DO THIS!!

Attach as MUCH info as you can !!

Websites - forums - emails - chats - How much you lost in Coin and what the USD amt was at the time of the transaction - ANYTHING !!

The more info you supply the better chance they have to find this guy/gal scam'er.

I'm going to post this around but I need you to help spread the word and start filing the FBI form at the above link.

DO NOT LET THIS PERSON GET AWAY WITH THIS ! ! !

I really don't care how old or young this person is.
I want to see him/her/them HAULED OFF TO PRISON ! ! !

Please do you part and work with the FBI to bring this person in !!!

PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH STEALING OUR PROPERTY ! !
(until Congress creates a law that say's it's a currency - it's property for now)

P.S. - The FBI knows what BTC and LTC is so make sure you include EVERYTHING !!!

dinEDG - their coming for you :-D
I've seen plenty of stupid posts today but this takes the cake

haha true
Activity: 70

LISTEN UP !!!!

I contacted the FBI - we will not need to contact Inter-pol - the FBI will do this for us.

Websites - forums - emails - chats - How much you lost in Coin and what the USD amt was at the time of the transaction - ANYTHING !!

The more info you supply the better chance they have to find this guy/gal scam'er.

I'm going to post this around but I need you to help spread the word and start filing the FBI form at the above link.

(until Congress creates a law that say's it's a currency - it's property for now)

P.S. - The FBI knows what BTC and LTC is so make sure you include EVERYTHING !!!

I've seen plenty of stupid posts today but this takes the cake
Activity: 882
Merit: 563
Bitcoin to the moon!
We should pick this up as a community and get the coin going as originally intended. This thing still has alot going for it, if it would function as promised.

I say change the name create a team, and try to find a way to spread the coins nice and wide while giving the people who got scammed their hopes back.

If I would have had any programming skills I would have taken this on myself. A stable price would be the ultimate goal. ;-)

God I'm drunk pfffff

That's actually a very good idea. I myself would be able to fork an X11 coin. But implementing POS to an X11 coin, that's out of my skills.
The funny thing is we greedy basterds all felt it comming. And even their was talk about escrow we still invested directly to get the best bang for our buck :-P

God I'm drunk pfffff
Activity: 252
Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

LISTEN UP !!!!

You have to be kidding.  Give the FBI all your information?  Good grief!  What are they going to do?  These scammers are not even in the United States and out of the jurisdiction of the FBI. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

LISTEN UP !!!!

Good stuff... glad to see us trying to bring people to justice on fraud.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Well I lost 1+BTC. Painful.

I have a feeling that the futurecoin dev is the same as the edgecoin dev. Wordings are kind of the same. Graphics are kind of the same. Uses the same escrow.

how do you get taken for 1+BTC if you've been here for over a year? During the time you have been on here how many IPO coins weren't complete scams or were worth more than the BTC people put in?
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
I suspected this coin since the beginning.

They offer escrow.... oh ok..these guys are honest..so i´m gonna send BTC directly, LOL

NEVER EVER BUY the IPO scheme!

Premine  i can accept, but IPO? C´mon guys..we are not kids anymore...or...are we?

Activity: 448
Merit: 280
Anon136 refunt my BTC.

USE ESCROW FOR IPO
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”

.......  Damn I'm mad.  Anyone want to have a drink with me?  I need to calm down before I have a heart attack.

I'm buying.

I don't always agree with you , but i take my hat off for your taste in whisky...one of my favorites!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Well I got caught anyway. I only got interested in the whole crypto currency world about 2 weeks ago so I guess this is an eye opener. I think I will throw the towel in as I got stung buying 2 LTC online earlier today to find that the site (coin mama) went offline an hour later.

Oh and to top it all off this was the email I got from the edgecoin gmail earlier:

'https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wallets-stolen-by-hackerswere-sorrycontact-anon136-for-escrow-540017
Download the beta! Smiley '

Have a good laugh- I think I deserve it for being so foolish.
Activity: 154
My most sincere apologies to those who this guy took advantage of. Is there a way to verify the identity of all the investors? If so, we should do a fundraiser coin for them. I know it's been done before but...

Real Edge Coin?

Verify the identity of the investors?
Most of the people here are trying to hide themselves , before the newbie wave it was like 66% tor users.

Also I doubt that somebody who lost 100 or 200$ will send some ids to another stranger just to take part in another project.

This is probably the *same* Stackcoin guy...

I did RealStackCoin.  But unfortunately.. RSC isn't doing that well anyhow, and it was quite a bit of work.. I'm still trying to dev it.  so I just won't have time to do a Real Edge Coin.

I did also invest in EdgeCoin for 4 BTC... It seemed like some good achievable ideas.  But I went through Anon136, and he just sent the refund to me.  That guy is awesome.. recommend everyone do escrow for IPOs going forward.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
this crap is hurting them all so in a way everyone is losing money because of these scams.

All the greedy band wagon jumper ons deserve this.

Crypto is full of fibbers, opportunists and the dregs who know nothing about the scene or ideals and care about nothing beside turning a fast buck.

There'll be another 4 or 5 "BTC giveaways" like this before the year is out. It's good for all real crypto lovers.

To all the dregs, whine more, loudly, BCT may consider removing ALTs again, lol Grin

Congratulations to this dastardly duo.

Long live BHW.

BCT shouldn't* remove ALTs. There are many successful coins lik NXT, MSC, XCP and ofcourse XCPs. Just some crooks cheating the community, doesn't mean they should remove ALT section. There is a link in the ALT section on how to invest safely. If people don't follow those guidelines like using escrow, seeking more info, whitepaper, then they are too greedy to lose their BTCs

I wasn't suggesting for a minute that they should  Cool With you 100%

Maybe they can make trusted escrows compulsory for IPOs like how companies issue shares. Rate the escrows.

The mods and even the admin have stated clearly...
The alt section will be moderated very lightly and most on demand.

There will be no requirement to open threads , launch coins , offer something to sell.

So , there will be no compulsory escrow.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
this crap is hurting them all so in a way everyone is losing money because of these scams.

All the greedy band wagon jumper ons deserve this.

Crypto is full of fibbers, opportunists and the dregs who know nothing about the scene or ideals and care about nothing beside turning a fast buck.

There'll be another 4 or 5 "BTC giveaways" like this before the year is out. It's good for all real crypto lovers.

To all the dregs, whine more, loudly, BCT may consider removing ALTs again, lol Grin

Congratulations to this dastardly duo.

Long live BHW.

BCT shouldn't* remove ALTs. There are many successful coins lik NXT, MSC, XCP and ofcourse XCPs. Just some crooks cheating the community, doesn't mean they should remove ALT section. There is a link in the ALT section on how to invest safely. If people don't follow those guidelines like using escrow, seeking more info, whitepaper, then they are too greedy to lose their BTCs

I wasn't suggesting for a minute that they should  Cool With you 100%

Maybe they can make trusted escrows compulsory for IPOs like how companies issue shares. Rate the escrows.
Pages:
Jump to: