Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning for newbies - page 3. (Read 2353 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256
January 28, 2020, 03:30:50 PM
Newbies needs to be prepared for this coming new year, scammers will try to take advantage of that year because bitcoin halving is already dropping the HYPE in crypto space  already, Learn to do research better, not all bad results in crypto are because a project failed, mostly are because of lack of research, with no good research you can easily fall for scam projects.

1) Do better research on new projects before promoting them or investing a penny on them

2) Visit scam accusation thread on the forum time to time, it will safe you a lot too

3) If you you have to invest always invest what you can afford to lose.

the point is to look at the prospects of the project and see the team whether what is being run is a real project or a fake seeing from followers on twitter whether it has a lot of interest if it is owned then the project can be said to be good and vice versa
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
January 28, 2020, 02:41:22 PM
I would advice the newbies to stay away from the ICOs and IEOs altogether. These sectors are not meant for inexperienced users. Gain some knowledge and experience in the cryptocurrency market and after that you can consider participating in these ICOs. With the failure rate for new ICOs touching the 90% mark, I don't consider it safe for them to participate in this sector.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
January 28, 2020, 02:07:21 PM
These pints will work not only for the newbies but existing investors as well.We all know scam projects took place in the crypto world and it is not good for the whole crypto community if new comers come here to earn but at the end become victim of any scam will never join crypto again.

Its responsibility all of us write more about scammers and scam projects create awareness to discourage the scammers,If introduce any family and friend properly teach them that never believe in scam projects just go with legit projects and guide them how to choose the real project.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
January 28, 2020, 01:24:50 PM
Newbies needs to be prepared for this coming new year, scammers will try to take advantage of that year because bitcoin halving is already dropping the HYPE in crypto space  already, Learn to do research better, not all bad results in crypto are because a project failed, mostly are because of lack of research, with no good research you can easily fall for scam projects.

1) Do better research on new projects before promoting them or investing a penny on them

2) Visit scam accusation thread on the forum time to time, it will safe you a lot too

yes alright its best way to minimize scam. like you said research is needed. maybe you can see on the website if it scam projects it will look Unprofessional then the fund raises if its scam the fund raises will edit manual by team and the last like you said you have to visit scam accusation. i know it difficult to differentiate scam project because almost all same like real project but there is a different in there
Activity: 657
Merit: 100
January 28, 2020, 01:04:06 PM

I got to learn a lot of things that come to visit who's making scam accusation thread. Newbie's hunter can not find which is scam projects, they do not research enough regarding scam ico projects. Scam thread is always updated if new project coming.

At this point investment is risky dose not matter ico or ieo projects. Newbie members have no good idea of these things. So they have to be very careful in large or small scale investment.

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
January 28, 2020, 01:01:10 PM

Thank you very much for the recommendation. Indeed, this will be even harder for beginners this year, as fraudsters will improve their abilities and will try to cheat. However, I’m watching now there are not many new projects coming out, maybe all this is due to the reluctance of investors to invest in crypto projects. But those projects that come out are almost all meaningless and more like fraudulent ones.
Activity: 914
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
January 28, 2020, 12:43:58 PM
At point number 3 all investments carry risks not only in crypto and we as investors must be prepared to bear the risk if something happens at any time. Therefore don't be greedy in investing.
Merit: 260
January 28, 2020, 08:48:13 AM

I agree. Since there are lots of newbies who wish to get engage into the cryptocurrency community, they must need to know certain precautionary measures so that they can enjoy their whole journey getting into the path of working and adapting into using varieties of cryptocurrencies existing within the market. Doing thorough research about a certain thing you wish to get engage whether it is a site, wallet or project, having enough information about it will be the first thing you must acquire to check its legibility so that you can avoid getting scammed. Being knowledgeable nowadays is the most important weapon you must have so that you will not be easily fooled by other people who tooks advantage of your weakness as a newbie. When investing, indeed do not go all out, just invest those only you can afford to loose so that when something wrong happens, you will not be regretful and can easily move forward into seeking for new opportunities to come.

That's the main reason why we do have forum too, why we are here for them to remind them always, all the time, we should always warn the users for these.

We also once become newbie, and we also need help from other members so it's time to get back to the community especially to the newbies out there.
Activity: 882
January 28, 2020, 08:30:53 AM

I agree. Since there are lots of newbies who wish to get engage into the cryptocurrency community, they must need to know certain precautionary measures so that they can enjoy their whole journey getting into the path of working and adapting into using varieties of cryptocurrencies existing within the market. Doing thorough research about a certain thing you wish to get engage whether it is a site, wallet or project, having enough information about it will be the first thing you must acquire to check its legibility so that you can avoid getting scammed. Being knowledgeable nowadays is the most important weapon you must have so that you will not be easily fooled by other people who tooks advantage of your weakness as a newbie. When investing, indeed do not go all out, just invest those only you can afford to loose so that when something wrong happens, you will not be regretful and can easily move forward into seeking for new opportunities to come.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
January 17, 2020, 01:41:06 PM
Your all three points are effective especially the second one but I don't think these points are enough to aware newbies these days the scammers have various legerdemain to harvest newbies and they're getting successful in their ridiculous work but I hope better understanding, advises and instructions about investment will be very helpful for newbies and to having these kind of knowledge they must follow experienced people who have seen lots of ups and downs so it will be definitely helpful.
One of the bad things about newbies is that they do not understand that they are newbies, many come to this forum and to the market of cryptocurrencies thinking that they know it all that all of those stories about people being scammed are never going to happen to them, they are simply too smart to fall on the trap of a scammer and unfortunately many of them discover too late that scammers are many times smarter than they are but by that time they have already lost their money.
Merit: 503
January 10, 2020, 06:21:52 PM
The scam accusations section on this forum is really helpful not only to newbies but to everyone especially before choosing which coin to invest in or promoting any project via Bounty. However, common sense they say is not common, always apply common sense in all your doings in crypto space. Newbies should not get lured into investing in any project because an influencer shilled it, that's a common problem. Due diligence should be done before any investment. I also like the point made by OP, "invest what you can afford to lose always".
Activity: 494
Merit: 2
KoinPro: Unique Double-up Contract
January 10, 2020, 04:55:37 PM
Well if they will read and find it to be useful as many are scattered around the internet and we still have high scam activities reported frequently. Making good research about the purpose of the project, the team experience, marketing strategies and host of others has been a good choice for many
Activity: 658
Freshdice.com
January 09, 2020, 07:58:18 PM

I do agree. Newbies have been the main aim or target of scammers out there taking advantage of let's just say their lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency and because of the early desperation of earning profit on their first try on engaging into crypto related works. Making yourself knowledgeable or getting yourself into many things about cryptocurrency is the first basic thing newbies must do to be able to know how to survive into this vast world of crypto in which risks are inevitable added by the fact that scammers are everywhere. Doing further research about a certain project will be a good thing to be done to be able to let yourself aware on how things are going so that you will not be wasting your time and effort into things that are not worth it. Do not exert all that you have in just one blow, invest only what you can afford to loose so that if ever an investment fails, you can easily move on trying into another. Do not easily loose hope about experiencing loss because it is normal that anyone will experience it. The important thing is that you learn and the next you do anything like that, you will already know what to do. For newbies, the best weapon to survive is to keep yourself always updated and knowledgeable not be fooled by anyone.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
January 08, 2020, 09:06:29 AM
It is plain and simple, just be vigilant, make all decision supported by facts and research. Because at this era, scammers and fraudster are more intelligent than most people what more if they are newbies in the field of cryptocurrencies? I am not saying they shouldn't believe on anyone here, but the best thing to do is to make use of the trust system we've established on this forum. And make sure to ask them because their experience is more powerful than the knowledge of these scammers.
January 08, 2020, 08:41:04 AM
I think one of the most important tips for beginners and definitely one of the most useful tips is: "If something looks too good, it's almost certainly a scam."
Unfortunately, but no one gives away money for free and usually offering great opportunities to earn, scammers extort money from wanting to earn fast, inexperienced users.

That's very true especially if they said that if you will invest to them, you will be sure win and you will for sure have sure profit, with this kind of promises, it is not real, they are just attracting users by telling you sweet lies for you to believe them. What you should focus is their platform itself, what they are doing for development and marketing.
Activity: 1112
January 08, 2020, 06:03:26 AM
I think one of the most important tips for beginners and definitely one of the most useful tips is: "If something looks too good, it's almost certainly a scam."
Unfortunately, but no one gives away money for free and usually offering great opportunities to earn, scammers extort money from wanting to earn fast, inexperienced users.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 11
January 08, 2020, 05:51:03 AM
Your all three points are effective especially the second one but I don't think these points are enough to aware newbies these days the scammers have various legerdemain to harvest newbies and they're getting successful in their ridiculous work but I hope better understanding, advises and instructions about investment will be very helpful for newbies and to having these kind of knowledge they must follow experienced people who have seen lots of ups and downs so it will be definitely helpful.
Activity: 714
Merit: 254
January 08, 2020, 05:41:43 AM
For all the newbies, don't be too much hype and too much excited with cryptocurrencies thinking that this is just easy money that you can have. Although, there are a lot of people who are earning more of it than their usual income, that they have fulfilled their dreams and becomes rich doesn't mean that they made it instantly, it's not really a magic at all, it took them a lot of time and effort too before they achieved it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
January 08, 2020, 04:44:14 AM
This cant be stressed enough but researching project wont save you from been scammed in the crypto currency world so I believe newbies should mostly or only invest in bitcoin and other top coins because I believe 85% to 90% of new IEO and ICO are scam and you getting defrauded
Activity: 504
Merit: 25
January 07, 2020, 02:34:00 PM
To say the truth nobody warned me when i entered into crypto space, back then i never knew this forum even existed and i did make many mistakes, those mistakes are the reason i am still standing strong today, its good to warn others but making mistakes is the way to learn better
Pages:
Jump to: