Pages:
Author

Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform. - page 11. (Read 2389089 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
@dbc23

Pretty much agree with your points. However I do remember when things like ASIC resistance, difficulty retargeting, Android wallets and even country specific coins were USPs that resulted in huge marketcaps for months if not years and how, now, many of these have faded. I agree that DEX is core and vital but a platform should not be a one trick pony. I think gateways, fiat or otherwise, contracts etc are very important. (funnily enough, given my above post, not so much anonymous - would rather see some solid third party run gateways to anon coins)

Yes but DEX is and will be an eternal business. If you get it right, that's like a real oil spring. But ultimately you are correct, having various things in the pipeline seriously can't hurt.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
every day i watxh this thread and i´m everyday very impressed. this coin is truly amazing.
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
@dbc23

Pretty much agree with your points. However I do remember when things like ASIC resistance, difficulty retargeting, Android wallets and even country specific coins were USPs that resulted in huge marketcaps for months if not years and how, now, many of these have faded. I agree that DEX is core and vital but a platform should not be a one trick pony. I think gateways, fiat or otherwise, contracts etc are very important. (funnily enough, given my above post, not so much anonymous - would rather see some solid third party run gateways to anon coins)
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000
"When Will the Cryptobubble Burst?" panel discussion moderated by Mike Butcher on FutureInTech

https://twitter.com/EvelinaLavrova/status/900729922372730880

Microsoft Azure Bringing Blockchain Closer To Real World Use

https://twitter.com/stevenmfowler/status/900369433855578112

Processing Ethereum deposits from smart-contracts addresses. Read more:

https://twitter.com/twiggysmile/status/900829926290583554

Burger King Goes Crypto? Rumors Of Whoppercoin

https://twitter.com/coremedia_info/status/900807156986855424

Waves Lite Client v0.4.37 released: Verified Whoppercoin, fixes

https://twitter.com/coremedia_info/status/900834474879004674

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
Is it true that waves team can delete a token if they want to?
I've read this earlier today from other thread for which they said WAVES isn't decentralized at all. There would be a chaos if this happen but its possible, isn't it?

Tokens can't be deleted, they exist on the blockchain forever.

For the Waves DEX, 2 things are centralized:
- verified tokens
- delisting of tokens like "NaziCoin", "IsisCoin" or "HitlerCoin" from DEX

But...

You can setup your own "matcher" node and API, start your own exchange and trade whatever token you like.

So... is it decentralized? If you choose to use the Waves services like DEX, some things are centralized, it's a business, they have to protect it.

But they can't delete a token, they can't take tokens from you and trades are decentralized, coins stay in your own wallet until an order is (partially) filled.
And every service they run, can be created by third party (even you) too. Some work right now, some in the near future when the API gets more advanced.

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't have much WAVES actually but I have kept its for months already and if I sell now, I'd be profiting from it but I'd have to believe what could happen when the DEX will fully be functional in the next years.
legendary
Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash
Activity: 994
Merit: 277
I've read this earlier today from other thread for which they said WAVES isn't decentralized at all. There would be a chaos if this happen but its possible, isn't it?

You have to separate 2 things:

-> the infrastructure: Waves Nodes, Matcher, API, blockchain, tokens

-> services on the Waves infrastructure: DEX, Waves Lite client, Gravit.ws, WavesGo, (fiat) gateways

The infrastructure is decentralized, once a token is created it can't be deleted.

The services can choose what to verify or what tokens to accept.

As Magnet said, you can create an exchange on the Waves infrastructure, accept only tokens (or a token) you like and be your own boss.
You can even start a "random coin or currency" gateway to the Waves platform.

All you need is a node, matcher and use the API to communicate with your own created exchange or service (both can be an app or a website).

So, yes, it's fully decentralized but services on it don't necessarily have to be.

And that's understandable when you run a business, you don't want it to be destroyed by scammers or extremists.
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016
Activity: 168

What can happen is, that an asset which was verified before looses the verification. This is possible, as the verification doesn't happen on the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

Tokens can't be deleted, they exist on the blockchain forever.

For the Waves DEX, 2 things are centralized:
- verified tokens
- delisting of tokens like "NaziCoin", "IsisCoin" or "HitlerCoin" from DEX

But...

You can setup your own "matcher" node and API, start your own exchange and trade whatever token you like.

So... is it decentralized? If you choose to use the Waves services like DEX, some things are centralized, it's a business, they have to protect it.

But they can't delete a token, they can't take tokens from you and trades are decentralized, coins stay in your own wallet until an order is (partially) filled.
And every service they run, can be created by third party (even you) too. Some work right now, some in the near future when the API gets more advanced.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
On the Waves platform I saw that there are tokens with the same name.  Undecided I think this is not good. I do not understand why the name is not unique.

It's not a real world problem, verified tokens have a green checkmark
Verified tokens are few. the platform is not only for verified tokens.... In my view I  think it's a negative point and a stupid negative point. Why the name is not unique? For example, I can invent a super name and create a token but tomorrow another person sees my token and creates another identical token.  it's ridicule.

It's already taken care of.

Right now, when you search for tokens in Waves DEX, only the verified tokens are shown with a name.
Duplicate, fake tokens don't show up anymore.

Yes I saw, If your token is not verified you can not see it. but maybe it's not a fake or a duplicate token and you can not see it...
Anyway, You can not see two twitter or facebook  or bitcointalk accounts with the same name. You can not see two identical domain names. But you can see two identical crypto on the same waves platform...
But maybe the platform is only for verified tokens, so it is better to delete all unverified tokens in this case...
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
On the Waves platform I saw that there are tokens with the same name.  Undecided I think this is not good. I do not understand why the name is not unique.

Verified tokens are few. the platform is not only for verified tokens.... In my view I  think it's a negative point and a stupid negative point. Why the name is not unique? For example, I can invent a super name and create a token but tomorrow another person sees my token and creates another identical token.  it's ridicule.

Right now, when you search for tokens in Waves DEX, only the verified tokens are shown with a name.

Haven't had the chance to check it earlier. If that is true, then that would be very useful to all the users especially the new ones. I can remember that I am also confused by those fake tokens even if I know that the verified ones has green checkmark in their name. Being cluttered by fake tokens provide unpleasant experience to the users of DEX even if they know what they're doing. Good to hear that the Waves team already addressed this issue.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
On the Waves platform I saw that there are tokens with the same name.  Undecided I think this is not good. I do not understand why the name is not unique.

Verified tokens are few. the platform is not only for verified tokens.... In my view I  think it's a negative point and a stupid negative point. Why the name is not unique? For example, I can invent a super name and create a token but tomorrow another person sees my token and creates another identical token.  it's ridicule.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
I wonder what will happen to coins like Dash, Monero/Bytecoin and ZCash when Waves implements the facility for anonymous transaction tokens.

None of them will have a USP any more - just a bloated blockchain.

It just highlights the importance of the platform as opposed to a coin, I guess.

If that was true there would only be a single anonymous coin in existence.  Thankfully there ARE multiple projects, with varied approaches to developing and providing anonymous transactions.  Some are better than others, some may have flaws others don't, and anonymity only works so far as you trust the code.

Truthfully DASH's "anonymity" is functionally non-existent if someone was truly determined enough to trace the payment, Monero had their glitch early this year but are on track for a strong run.  ZEC and it's derivatives are taking a novel approach to anonymity and have yet to be shown flawed to any serious degree, and the sleeper zerocoin is still out there too.

I don't even know what form WAVES anonymizing functions will take (RingCT/ZEC/Zero/???) but I hope it's a strong implementation, and is just another of a growing list of useful features of the platform.

WAVES real potential as I see it, is being first to market with a good looking, functional, and LIQUID decentralized exchange.  Everything else should be secondary to that, there's other projects out there trying to build the same (BLOCK/ARK/etc...) and being first to market gives a BIG advantage.
On the Waves platform I saw that there are tokens with the same name.  Undecided I think this is not good. I do not understand why the name is not unique.

Verified tokens are few. the platform is not only for verified tokens.... In my view I  think it's a negative point and a stupid negative point. Why the name is not unique? For example, I can invent a super name and create a token but tomorrow another person sees my token and creates another identical token.  it's ridiculous...
Activity: 322
Merit: 102

I don't see as a problem but it could be confusing for new comers. People should be carefull.

Activity: 203
Burger King Russia Launches Whoppercoin Token on the Waves Platform
Russia is a country that never ceases to amaze people. More specifically, the region is quite intriguing when it comes to cryptocurrency and digital assets. It now appears Burger King Russia has issued their own token on Waves Platform. This token is known as Whoppercoin, although its use cases remain to be determined for the time being. This move further confirms Russia is preparing to embrace this new form of finance in a major way...

Damn, nice news. But what is the reason to release token without planned application? Sounds like a pure PR move to me!

Burger King already has a mobile app. They could easily integrate the Waves backend to do some sort of rewards program though their existing platforms.

Is there any news more about that...
Pages:
Jump to: