Pages:
Author

Topic: We are only rich on spreadsheets - page 3. (Read 15257 times)

Activity: 234
Merit: 10
August 16, 2020, 10:10:12 AM
I feel bounty hunters are only being used as baits by project owners to catch their investors virtually for free. What do you think guys ?
Bounty hunters being used as their mouthpiece for spreading the word about their project, everyone already knew it and you should too. Look at it like a 'give and take' relationship. We do our work and they pay us, don't take reward on spreadsheets seriously. Check the real market price or OTC trade.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
August 16, 2020, 03:51:31 AM
This post was published on BTT on September 2019 and now about one year to go and yet the bounty hunters situation is same hope 2021 will bring some good moments for bounty hunters and also for the investors.
Activity: 616
August 15, 2020, 07:41:11 PM
yes this has a point, because many SCAMERS have bad intentions, they just want to get free investors after that they will disappear as if swallowed by the earth, and besides the bounty participants the investors will also be harmed by these SCAM projects
Activity: 496
August 15, 2020, 07:30:40 PM
Yes, that's what bounties these days make us. They show us big big rewards on their spreadsheets but the real values of those rewards they offer us are sometimes not even up to $5 on the market. I feel bounty hunters are only being used as baits by project owners to catch their investors virtually for free. What do you think guys ?
Actually, we're not only rich in spreadsheet. I haven't had any valuable tokens for the last two years but I got some ColletrixToken and the value was 50$. In a week the price fell, now the price is below 1 USD. Hunters always dumped the price, now who did it. We are never rich in any way, just used as baits. Alchemy projects could be great and I'm waiting for distribution.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
August 15, 2020, 05:53:30 PM
Yes, that's what bounties these days make us. They show us big big rewards on their spreadsheets but the real values of those rewards they offer us are sometimes not even up to $5 on the market. I feel bounty hunters are only being used as baits by project owners to catch their investors virtually for free. What do you think guys ?
Yes like that, because their token value is very low compared to the icos rate in the token description, and also the token market lacks great confidence. This is both a reality and a risk that is often present in bounty hunters where the ICO rate is very different from the exchanger listing. As an investor too, this is often complained about because it's useless to get a lot of bonus tokens, but when the listing price is taken away at the time of the token sale.
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
August 15, 2020, 05:46:50 PM
Every project has ICO or IEO price, and they paid according to ICO price. The ICO price is always high, then the market price; that's why your tokens showing high worth in spreadsheets, but in the market is the price is very low, but some projects that are low price in ICO and market price is very high like CARTESI and DIA.
Activity: 840
Merit: 3
August 15, 2020, 05:22:00 PM
 This is true and  people are gradually leaving bounty programs because of this . most times we see a huge reward pool  and become happy about working for the project only for them to deny distribution of rewards. I have encountered this severally . I see my  token on spreadsheet but to distribute to my wallet  becomes difficult.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 103
♦♣♥♠
August 15, 2020, 04:31:13 PM
That is one of the reasons why I prefer bounty with eth as rewards or a bounty that has been trading, even bounty that has been trading might get dumped by participants or the team itself, but eth or trx or btc is more OK
You forgot to clarify, companies with such awards are usually calculated in small amounts. mostly less than $ 100k / As they say - there should be a little good
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
August 15, 2020, 03:18:34 PM
That is one of the reasons why I prefer bounty with eth as rewards or a bounty that has been trading, even bounty that has been trading might get dumped by participants or the team itself, but eth or trx or btc is more OK
There are only a few bounties that are paid as ETH, BTC, or the tokens of the bounty are already listed on the exchange, most of the bounties are of those projects that are gonna be listed on an exchange in the near future and what we get is only a promise to get paid this much amount of tokens that are gonna be worth 'x' amount according to the calculations by the team but after participating for a whole month or maybe 2 to 3 months when we get tokens in our wallet we still have to face a lot of problems, for example-
1. The coin won't get listed on any exchange, so our efforts will get wasted
2. The coin is worth a fraction of what was proposed in the start of the bounty, let's say the bounty was evaluated at $250k at the start of the bounty and when the project gets listed on the exchange then it it's actual worth came out to be no more than $50k(that too when the participants are lucky enough) or maybe no more than $5k for the whole bounty.

So I agree with the OP that we are only rich on the spreadsheets xD
Leo
Activity: 620
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
August 15, 2020, 03:10:42 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
August 15, 2020, 03:07:13 PM
Staring at your tokens on spreadsheet is giving yourself false hopes because you will never know what the worth of the tokens will be until trading starts on exchanges, don't build hopes because of the tokens you earned on spreadsheet unless the tokens are already trading on exchanges with good volume
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1
Base.protocol
August 15, 2020, 02:58:34 PM
Most times before a token is listed they work with the price before listing. If a bounty is sharing 500k dollars worth of token as reward it doesn't work. The real value is went listed.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 15, 2020, 02:52:53 PM
Bounties were a real thing back in 2017 but now it's a dirty way to use people
Activity: 812
August 15, 2020, 02:14:17 PM
I never trust estimate reward on spreadsheets cause I know what they value their coin mean jack shit compared to the market value it. Don't be naive and think the reward after the bounty end will exactly the same on the spreadsheets.
It's true, especially if following bounty that listed on an exchange, and try to expect a lot from there it's all useless, a few months ago I participated in a campaign and the result was what I predicted because the tokens had dropped to more than 10x but I expected it because of the volume of trade it was not strong enough so I certainly didn't expect much from there, but I don't know what about the other participants, whether one thought or not.
Activity: 653
Merit: 183
August 15, 2020, 01:03:43 PM
I never trust estimate reward on spreadsheets cause I know what they value their coin mean jack shit compared to the market value it. Don't be naive and think the reward after the bounty end will exactly the same on the spreadsheets.
Activity: 228
August 15, 2020, 11:26:39 AM

Indeed rewards received from bounty campaigns right now are becoming very small. Despite the efforts, you exert doing bounty tasks, the stakes you receive is very minimal. Maybe because there are so many bounty participants that divide the stakes or simply that the project do not generate enough capital from their initial offerings.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
August 15, 2020, 11:16:22 AM
I enjoy very few bounties because i participate in all the bounties that seem good in my research.
Now, in comparison with 2017-2018, the number of projects that conduct bounty campaigns has significantly decreased. And we need to focus on more rewards in a single project's bounty campaign to make up the difference
Activity: 224
Merit: 16
August 15, 2020, 10:48:54 AM

Yes, you are correct. I have faced such situation several times. I have participated many bounty programs where a lucrative rewards were offered. After end of the bounty I couldn't sell the tokens because of lower price.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
August 15, 2020, 10:11:23 AM
Then can't try participate bounty program maybe it best. I enjoy very few bounties because i participate in all the bounties that seem good in my research. I consider the bounties a luck because many good projects fail to enter their development. Where investors complain of losses so hunters do nothing. However, find a good bounty from your research and spend your time there.
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
August 15, 2020, 09:52:56 AM
It's really disheartening cos you do a bounty campaign for a project and the Spreadsheet is updated and you have high hope of making good money from the project but you will find out most of them won't distribute, am glad that it's doesn't deter me anymore as I keep pushing for more
Pages:
Jump to: