Pages:
Author

Topic: well, ether sale has started. - page 2. (Read 9068 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 02:28:38 PM
Im too fucking scared to invest in this. EVERY COIN takes as reference Bitcoin, this proves Bitcoin is KING.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 24, 2014, 01:22:01 PM

What a bunch of bullshit. Everybody talks shit about Ethereum to keep the people out. But you all bought it or will buy. Such a shame.
Well...
I bet you bought ether, and you're trying to bring more investors there to make it success full.(speculating)
How about this?

There is no self-interest in an investor trying to pump ethereum now - more buyers means a diluted share. There is self interest in telling everyone else not to buy whilst you snap up as much as you can get your hands on.

Having said that, ethereum is a dirty rotten scam and you are throwing your money away and if you buy any they will use the money to torture puppies and children will probably die somewhere.  Wink
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
July 24, 2014, 12:38:42 PM

What a bunch of bullshit. Everybody talks shit about Ethereum to keep the people out. But you all bought it or will buy. Such a shame.
Well...
I bet you bought ether, and you're trying to bring more investors there to make it success full.(speculating)
How about this?
Activity: 767
Never back down !!!
July 24, 2014, 12:30:12 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
July 24, 2014, 07:40:18 AM
can someone please answer:
-what is the inflation per year of Ether?
-what is the maximum supply?
-Will there be more Ether on the free market later than what is sold with this ipo? Is this Ipo 100% of the coins in the genesisblock or are there bounties?

I don't know if it's been changed in the recent weeks but for a long time it was always a PoW / PoS hybrid and it was dis-inflationary (much like Bitcoin is dis-inflationary, meaning an inflationary system which eventually ceases to be inflationary).

Yeah so very very few people are doing their homework on Ethereum.. you're throwing big bags of money into a coin that will be dumped by the founders and all the professional miners who mine it.  The bagholder whines are going to be incredibly loud.

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
July 24, 2014, 07:38:14 AM
The aborted IPO earlier sent all sorts of alarm signals earlier. This is a group which just wants to be paid now, and its upto the buyers to see if their investment is worth anything.
Just wait after it is over and if  you still want it you will get from big sell-offs at cheaper prices.

A LOT of people are going to get burned by this scam and they have tried to disguise it has best as they could it's now being discussed throughout this forum about the potential signals of scams.

I will refrain from calling it an outright scam right now, but it sure doesn't look good. I think its mostly the greedy people at the helm who are looking to get paid upfront.

The actual investors take all the risk which doesn't even seem to be a good enough risk.

It's a scam in the sense that they're encouraging people through hype to trade in their valuable Bitcoin for this Ether, which (if it does launch) won't be released until 2015 and there's no guarantee it will go anywhere.  Can you wait 6 to 15 months for a coin?  Especially if you're throwing $1k, $10K or more on Ether?  That's 6 to 15 months you could be diversifying into new cryptos (like NEM, Node, Ora and countless others) which will probably bring a better ROI than Ether.

Activity: 187
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 05:49:09 AM
can someone please answer:
-what is the inflation per year of Ether?
-what is the maximum supply?
-Will there be more Ether on the free market later than what is sold with this ipo? Is this Ipo 100% of the coins in the genesisblock or are there bounties?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2014, 05:12:18 AM
The aborted IPO earlier sent all sorts of alarm signals earlier. This is a group which just wants to be paid now, and its upto the buyers to see if their investment is worth anything.
Just wait after it is over and if  you still want it you will get from big sell-offs at cheaper prices.

A LOT of people are going to get burned by this scam and they have tried to disguise it has best as they could it's now being discussed throughout this forum about the potential signals of scams.

I will refrain from calling it an outright scam right now, but it sure doesn't look good. I think its mostly the greedy people at the helm who are looking to get paid upfront.

The actual investors take all the risk which doesn't even seem to be a good enough risk.
legendary
Activity: 1260
July 24, 2014, 03:46:14 AM
Only thing is that i actually followed some of the wallets that these purchases were coming from, and they seem to be compeltly random.

And due to BTC wallet addresses being free, is a very easy to accomplish scam.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
July 24, 2014, 03:28:52 AM
IPOs are also a scam since you can create as many mule accounts as you want, send money in with them, then receive infinite premine + get all the BTC back since you're sending it to yourself.

The exodus address is viewable by everybody so every ether can be accounted for in BTC. BTC can't be faked. Don't talk if you haven't checked, read or tested something. You are only spreading misinformation which is bad for the community and bad for the forums. Please keep your insecurity to yourself. Thank you very much.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about.  The person running the IPO can send BTC to himself to receive as much premine as he wants because all the IPO BTC profit goes to him anyway.  If the IPO profit is divided amongst several people, they simply collude together, pool their resources in an orderly manner, then send it in.

Example:

1)  I create a coin, protocol, whatever jibberish you want to call it called "etherealcrap".

2)  I offer 50% of the coin as IPO

3)  I create 10 separate BTC wallets and put 1 BTC in all of them and send it in to the IPO address.

4)  Since there was a total of 20 BTC sent in for the IPO all together, and I was responsible for half of it, I get 1/2 of the IPO premine for free because all BTC I spent returns to me anyway.

5)  Net profit for me is half of the premine + 10 BTC, and I spent nothing.

Only thing is that i actually followed some of the wallets that these purchases were coming from, and they seem to be compeltly random.

Either way, you are a big boy. Don't buy any then. I, on the other hand, have a few hundreds in btc that i can throw at this. To each his own. Cheers bro.

legendary
July 24, 2014, 03:14:10 AM
IPOs are also a scam since you can create as many mule accounts as you want, send money in with them, then receive infinite premine + get all the BTC back since you're sending it to yourself.

The exodus address is viewable by everybody so every ether can be accounted for in BTC. BTC can't be faked. Don't talk if you haven't checked, read or tested something. You are only spreading misinformation which is bad for the community and bad for the forums. Please keep your insecurity to yourself. Thank you very much.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about.  The person running the IPO can send BTC to himself to receive as much premine as he wants because all the IPO BTC profit goes to him anyway.  If the IPO profit is divided amongst several people, they simply collude together, pool their resources in an orderly manner, then send it in.

Example:

1)  I create a coin, protocol, whatever jibberish you want to call it called "etherealcrap".

2)  I offer 50% of the coin as IPO

3)  I create 10 separate BTC wallets and put 1 BTC in all of them and send it in to the IPO address.

4)  Since there was a total of 20 BTC sent in for the IPO all together, and I was responsible for half of it, I get 1/2 of the IPO premine for free because all BTC I spent returns to me anyway.

5)  Net profit for me is half of the premine + 10 BTC, and I spent nothing.
July 24, 2014, 02:47:36 AM

exactly
and here it is:

https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2

Activity: 862
Merit: 100
July 24, 2014, 02:43:44 AM

July 24, 2014, 02:28:21 AM
To me, they seem like the most idealistic group of people and they honestly want to make a change for good in the world.

All I see is a large bureaucracy with high operating costs that not only wants to recoup them, but make much more on top of that.  When people design coins solely to try and make windfall profits, they're usually referred to as scamcoins.

again, It's not a coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fbEtivJIfIU

legendary
July 24, 2014, 02:26:41 AM
To me, they seem like the most idealistic group of people and they honestly want to make a change for good in the world.

All I see is a large bureaucracy with high operating costs that not only wants to recoup them, but make much more on top of that.  When people design coins solely to try and make windfall profits, they're usually referred to as scamcoins.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 24, 2014, 02:19:48 AM
We don't understand an ICO like this. They will gather as much as they can without even having a coin or coin specs available yet. They even say they may never release anything, yet they are raising millions in the first couple days. If you invest in this, you won't have any coins for around 6 months, is it really worth it? Hopefully they do something amazing though, and everyone makes money!
July 24, 2014, 02:15:17 AM
People who invest without doing their homework deserve what they get. It is not your place to be their nanny.

For other traders and investors of cryptocurrency, it actually is their place due to being a zero sum game.  If Vitalik manages to siphon millions out of crypto to provide for his yacht fund, that means other markets will see less revenue and collapse.  Money received in scams usually doesn't recirculate in this sector.

Dude, just look at him! (Vitalik) He lived in an abandoned building writing code with the UnSYstem folks. He lived and worked in a way i could not imagine! and for what?? Can you honestly see him in a Labo? Do you really think he can't get a job making 6 figures doing development somewhere?

Also, if this is true, they have Merkle on their team.

To me, they seem like the most idealistic group of people and they honestly want to make a change for good in the world. I very well might be wrong but I don't mind throwing a couple of hundred at this and see how it does. I want to support them. They are not just making an alt-coin with a picture of a dog on it!

legendary
July 24, 2014, 01:40:21 AM
Someone should save this page, this will be quite useful later.

I have the original list in picture form on my post here from months ago: 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7985897
Activity: 658
July 24, 2014, 12:13:40 AM
Is it just me or they remove the "Team" page? LOL

It was on their homepage and now its gone. Someone should find a web cache.

Yes, Sir!  You are right.  Here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140625071719/https://ethereum.org/#who

Vitalik Buterin
    Founder

Charles Hoskinson
    Founder

Anthony DiIorio
    Founder

Mihai Alisie
    Founder

Gavin Wood
    Founder

Joseph Lubin
    Founder

Jeffrey Wilcke
    Founder

Amir Chetrit
    Founder

Neal Koblitz
    Advisor

Ralph Merkle
    Advisor

Stephan Tual
    Communications

Taylor Gerring
    Development

Jeremy Wood
    Administration

Mathias Grønnebæk
    Development

Ryan Taylor
    Development

Nicolas Fierro
    Development

Richard Stott
    Creative

Ian Meikle
    Creative

Jason Colby
    Administration

Roxana Sureanu
    Administration

Anthony D'Onofrio
    Development

Addison Cameron-Huff
    Legal

Maran Hidskes
    Development

Jonathan Mohan
    Communications

Houwu Chen
    Development/Partner

Hai Nguyen
    Accounting

Ethan Wilding
    Philosopher

Karl Gluck
    Research

Russell Verbeeten
    Business Development

Joeseph Chow
    Strategy

Jerry Liu
    Chinese Partner

Bin Lu
    Chinese Partner

Someone should save this page, this will be quite useful later.
Activity: 658
July 24, 2014, 12:12:20 AM
My business partner was from Toronto and he was also one of the early bitcoiners. He met Anthony in 2011. Anthony comes from a community college with every little understanding of bitcoin technology. Some of his talks was very laughable. As bitcoin price soars, he quit his "doors and windows" company.

Now the greedy pigs ready to hand him millions dollars  Roll Eyes

Pages:
Jump to: