Pages:
Author

Topic: well, ether sale has started. - page 3. (Read 9068 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
July 23, 2014, 11:08:37 PM
People who invest without doing their homework deserve what they get. It is not your place to be their nanny.

For other traders and investors of cryptocurrency, it actually is their place due to being a zero sum game.  If Vitalik manages to siphon millions out of crypto to provide for his yacht fund, that means other markets will see less revenue and collapse.  Money received in scams usually doesn't recirculate in this sector.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
July 23, 2014, 10:31:06 PM
Maidsafe was $8 million IPO and for a long time it went nowhere, only today is it $12 million.   You might say that's a good return but, in reality, there's been many other coins with far better returns.  People who invested huge money into Maidsafe could had invested into Dark and made tons more.

Ethereum won't go anywhere and they refuse to answer technical questions and hate it when people bring up other second generation coins like NxT.  Ethereum is obviously a copyrighting (journalist / marketing coin) which is aimed at dumb rich people with a lot of money who are too lazy to do their own research.

People who invest without doing their homework deserve what they get. It is not your place to be their nanny.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
July 23, 2014, 08:06:30 PM
Maidsafe was $8 million IPO and for a long time it went nowhere, only today is it $12 million.   You might say that's a good return but, in reality, there's been many other coins with far better returns.  People who invested huge money into Maidsafe could had invested into Dark and made tons more.

Ethereum won't go anywhere and they refuse to answer technical questions and hate it when people bring up other second generation coins like NxT.  Ethereum is obviously a copyrighting (journalist / marketing coin) which is aimed at dumb rich people with a lot of money who are too lazy to do their own research.

Activity: 368
Merit: 250
July 23, 2014, 07:44:19 PM
I've been looking at this and what bothers me is the start date.  It says Winter 2014/15 which could mean anytime from Nov. 2014 to Feb 2015.  It seems as though the date should be a little more firm.  Small thing, but it bothers me.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
July 23, 2014, 07:08:59 PM
Is it just me or they remove the "Team" page? LOL

It was on their homepage and now its gone. Someone should find a web cache.

Yes, Sir!  You are right.  Here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140625071719/https://ethereum.org/#who

Vitalik Buterin
    Founder

Charles Hoskinson
    Founder

Anthony DiIorio
    Founder

Mihai Alisie
    Founder

Gavin Wood
    Founder

Joseph Lubin
    Founder

Jeffrey Wilcke
    Founder

Amir Chetrit
    Founder

Neal Koblitz
    Advisor

Ralph Merkle
    Advisor

Stephan Tual
    Communications

Taylor Gerring
    Development

Jeremy Wood
    Administration

Mathias Grønnebæk
    Development

Ryan Taylor
    Development

Nicolas Fierro
    Development

Richard Stott
    Creative

Ian Meikle
    Creative

Jason Colby
    Administration

Roxana Sureanu
    Administration

Anthony D'Onofrio
    Development

Addison Cameron-Huff
    Legal

Maran Hidskes
    Development

Jonathan Mohan
    Communications

Houwu Chen
    Development/Partner

Hai Nguyen
    Accounting

Ethan Wilding
    Philosopher

Karl Gluck
    Research

Russell Verbeeten
    Business Development

Joeseph Chow
    Strategy

Jerry Liu
    Chinese Partner

Bin Lu
    Chinese Partner
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
July 23, 2014, 07:08:48 PM
Get one simple thing. Ultimately everyone is exchanging their coins against Bitcoin. So none can cross Bitcoin in purchasability. So simply hold Bitcoin... SIMPLE Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
July 23, 2014, 07:06:09 PM
Is it just me or they remove the "Team" page? LOL

It was on their homepage and now its gone. Someone should find a web cache.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
July 23, 2014, 07:02:24 PM
I trust Ethereum.  You should trust Ethereum.  Don't buy Ethanol, buy Ether.  Ethereum.

The next big thing. Fcuk Peercoin, Fcuk Bitshares, Fcuk Nxt, Fcuk Nem, Fcuk Bitcoin .  To the moon Vitalik Buterin.  Love you, make them rich. 

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
July 23, 2014, 06:41:48 PM
Sounds like a lot of fancy wishy-washy marketing spiel to win over investors, than actual end-users.

Then it's exactly how it sounds the devs don't care about the coin they are using this to get Bitcoin and the amount of coin can change at any time? WHAT.

It does seem rather arbitrary, yes.

Based on the amount of Ether sold so far, 8,326,240, and 2000 Ether = 1 BTC, they've currently amassed $2,614,000 in BTC.

So a totally unproven company, essentially a startup, is currently valued at $2,614,000, and it's going to go much much higher.

For a company with no product. Just promises.

Does that sound like a worthy risk/reward ratio? That's up to you.

I can just imagine they will be walking out when they have reached their goal (I hope they prove us all wrong) but because of the amount of devs and people involved with the altcoin I think they will be aiming to go past 10+ in usd. I think theres over 20 people involved with this alt coin.

It's not an alt-coin. If you think of it as that, then i'm not sure if you fully understand what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJGIeSCgskc

No one fully understands it.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
July 23, 2014, 04:12:26 PM
Sounds like a lot of fancy wishy-washy marketing spiel to win over investors, than actual end-users.

Then it's exactly how it sounds the devs don't care about the coin they are using this to get Bitcoin and the amount of coin can change at any time? WHAT.

Based on the amount of Ether sold so far, 8,326,240, and 2000 Ether = 1 BTC, they've currently amassed $2,614,000 in BTC.

So a totally unproven company, essentially a startup, is currently valued at $2,614,000, and it's going to go much much higher.

I can just imagine they will be walking out when they have reached their goal (I hope they prove us all wrong) but because of the amount of devs and people involved with the altcoin I think they will be aiming to go past 10+ in usd. I think theres over 20 people involved with this alt coin.

It's not an alt-coin. If you think of it as that, then i'm not sure if you fully understand what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJGIeSCgskc

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
July 23, 2014, 12:44:58 PM
The Ethereum team seem to have done their legal stuff right, and in so doing they have set a precedent for a new kind of fundraising for projects - simply selling an essential part of your crypto as a piece of software and therefore selling a product.

This seems a neat way around the SEC, FCA rules and regs and enables loads of people from around the world to participate in a crowd-sale.

Expect to see a lot more fundraisers designed around the Ethereum model in future.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 23, 2014, 10:27:15 AM

Based on the way the crypto world works, the risk on this is significantly high. But in terms of a more mainstream investment, it's actually more in-line with the "crazy" things that have already happened.

Fortunately the test clients that they have had available seem pretty solid in form.

This may be very risky, but I'd rather throw something at a company that could have far-reaching impact in the entire crypto realm (and not just via ethereum, but also in terms of future IPOs in terms of crypto and other similar regulatory issues) than at some of the ridiculous things that have had wildly inflated valuations. [Example: the "Yo" app raised over $1.5M and is valued at $10M.]
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
July 23, 2014, 09:40:28 AM

July 23, 2014, 09:35:48 AM

July 23, 2014, 09:34:14 AM
I just hopes this crowd sale ends well otherwise it can have serious impact on all crypto environment.

In regards to the IPO there is no max cap and no final amount of ether that will be created. (like with fiat). So far it seems that greed will drag this IPO to highly overpriced category. I wouldn't be surprised if ether will be available on exchanges for half the IPO price once released.

It's just like fiat in a way and yes the price will just keep going down because there is no supply and demand because they can just create more coins where is the sense in that? the devs have really made a huge profit on this already.
Activity: 313
July 23, 2014, 09:31:20 AM
I just hopes this crowd sale ends well otherwise it can have serious impact on all crypto environment.

In regards to the IPO there is no max cap and no final amount of ether that will be created. (like with fiat). So far it seems that greed will drag this IPO to highly overpriced category. I wouldn't be surprised if ether will be available on exchanges for half the IPO price once released.
July 23, 2014, 09:27:27 AM

July 23, 2014, 09:25:18 AM
I find the selling of ether for a predetermined, fixed price a little strange, and even more so that latecomers will have to pay higher prices.

Now the selling of buy options in March by Miro Popescu makes sense to me.

I wonder when the first short options will appear this forum, too.

This doesn't seem that much different from any IPO sale. Fixed pricing, and higher pricing for later investors. If they sell too much at the lower price and this thing ends up being exchanged during the higher price, it's just going to get dumped.
legendary
Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001
July 23, 2014, 09:23:07 AM
I find the selling of ether for a predetermined, fixed price a little strange, and even more so that latecomers will have to pay higher prices.

Now the selling of buy options in March by Miro Popescu makes sense to me.

I wonder when the first short options will appear this forum, too.
Activity: 378
July 23, 2014, 09:20:20 AM

Calling you a "one star shill account" isn't an insult, it's an adjective.

Here, I bumped another old post on the Ethereum scam IPO I already made that shows just how absurd it is:  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethereum-ipo-reboot-coming-time-to-get-nervous-about-the-future-of-crypto-505446

Do you actually know what a 'shill' is? Of course its an insult, you are suggesting that I am not a real person sharing my own opinions, but simply a fake profile or an ethereum insider who is only here to promote etheruem.
Pages:
Jump to: