Pages:
Author

Topic: well, ether sale has started. - page 4. (Read 9068 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
July 23, 2014, 09:17:55 AM
It's pretty much the same as ripple and that ended in a bad way with people calling out it was a scam way before it actually ended this is very risky and some of the terms and conditions that the developers have set out are just laughable.

The ultimate paradox is people claiming they're releasing "generation 2" coins that are supposedly better than Bitcoin in every way and should replace it, yet they want you to give them your BTC for it.  Hey man, I got this coin that's way better than Bitcoin, give me your Bitcoins and I'll give them to you, just consider it a favor!

We won't even get into the fact that IPO is just a fraud to create as much premine as you want by creating mule accounts, sending BTC to yourself with the mule accounts, then the BTC returns to you + the infinite premine.

The reason they want the Bitcoin is because they can sell it for fiat to pay for their expenses. If they just kept the pre-mine of their own coin to sell they wouldn't get any income for a long time, and if they sold it directly for fiat rather than Bitcoin they would have more legal problems.

Please, one star shill account, the entire thing is designed to be a money grab from the ground up.  The IPO method is the most fraudulent, ripe for abuse, coin distribution method possible.  Vitalik is not an idiot and assuredly knows this.  He chose the worst coin distribution method possible solely for personal gain.

Issuing currency for profit is no different than what the central bankers we already have do right now, as I've posted months ago in the thread "Poll:  Should IPOs be banned from the forum":

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/should-ipos-be-banned-from-the-site-poll-443196

1/2 of people voted yes, the other half is probably entirely NXT shill accounts.

When you start your reply with a personal insult directed at me simply because I haven't used this particular forum as much or for as long as you, you loose all credibility for anything you might say afterwards.

Calling you a "one star shill account" isn't an insult, it's an adjective.

Here, I bumped another old post on the Ethereum scam IPO I already made on this subject months ago that shows just how absurd it is:  

Ethereum IPO reboot coming, time to get nervous about the future of crypto

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethereum-ipo-reboot-coming-time-to-get-nervous-about-the-future-of-crypto-505446
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
July 23, 2014, 09:16:14 AM
Sounds like a lot of fancy wishy-washy marketing spiel to win over investors, than actual end-users.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 23, 2014, 09:12:35 AM
It's pretty much the same as ripple and that ended in a bad way with people calling out it was a scam way before it actually ended this is very risky and some of the terms and conditions that the developers have set out are just laughable.

The ultimate paradox is people claiming they're releasing "generation 2" coins that are supposedly better than Bitcoin in every way and should replace it, yet they want you to give them your BTC for it.  Hey man, I got this coin that's way better than Bitcoin, give me your Bitcoins and I'll give them to you, just consider it a favor!

We won't even get into the fact that IPO is just a fraud to create as much premine as you want by creating mule accounts, sending BTC to yourself with the mule accounts, then the BTC returns to you + the infinite premine.

The reason they want the Bitcoin is because they can sell it for fiat to pay for their expenses. If they just kept the pre-mine of their own coin to sell they wouldn't get any income for a long time, and if they sold it directly for fiat rather than Bitcoin they would have more legal problems.

Please, one star shill account, the entire thing is designed to be a money grab from the ground up.  The IPO method is the most fraudulent, ripe for abuse, coin distribution method possible.  Vitalik is not an idiot and assuredly knows this.  He chose the worst coin distribution method possible solely for personal gain.

Issuing currency for profit is no different than what the central bankers we already have do right now, as I've posted months ago in the thread "Poll:  Should IPOs be banned from the forum":

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/should-ipos-be-banned-from-the-site-poll-443196

1/2 of people voted yes, the other half is probably entirely NXT shill accounts.

When you start your reply with a personal insult directed at me simply because I haven't used this particular forum as much or for as long as you, you loose all credibility for anything you might say afterwards.
Currently held as collateral by monbux
July 23, 2014, 09:06:55 AM
The aborted IPO earlier sent all sorts of alarm signals earlier. This is a group which just wants to be paid now, and its upto the buyers to see if their investment is worth anything.
Just wait after it is over and if  you still want it you will get from big sell-offs at cheaper prices.

A LOT of people are going to get burned by this scam and they have tried to disguise it has best as they could it's now being discussed throughout this forum about the potential signals of scams.
legendary
Activity: 1008
July 23, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
The aborted IPO earlier sent all sorts of alarm signals earlier. This is a group which just wants to be paid now, and its upto the buyers to see if their investment is worth anything.
Just wait after it is over and if  you still want it you will get from big sell-offs at cheaper prices.
legendary
July 23, 2014, 09:01:47 AM

Please, one star shill account, the entire thing is designed to be a money grab from the ground up.  The IPO method is the most fraudulent, ripe for abuse, coin distribution method possible.  Vitalik is not an idiot and assuredly knows this.  He chose the worst coin distribution method possible solely for personal gain.

Activity: 469
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
July 23, 2014, 08:45:38 AM
As much as I like Vitalik Buterin I don't like the IPO of any coin.
But I am very glad that Vitalik has managed to raise a lot of BTC for his team.
Personally I am seeing a bright future for Monero with rpetilas perfect laid out distribution of the coin.
July 23, 2014, 08:37:44 AM

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
July 23, 2014, 08:13:59 AM
This is certainly a risky proposition seen as an investment. However seen as a support for a really smart bunch of people with very ambitious plans for a Web 3.0 system it makes total sense.

The original investors might not make any money on this but similarly to the dot-com boom a lot of goood stuff may eventually come out of this.

Overall though this kind of pseudo-IPO shows more and more how easy and quick it is to raise substantial funds in a very short time without going through all of the expensive hoops of a traditional IPO.

We will be seeing lots of these type of fundraisers in the near future - showing how much the crypto world can overcome the institutional barriers in the failing world of fiat.

Soon perhaps raising $100 million plus in BTC fundraisers like this will no longer be surprising.

As it seems so  easy and direct just to use BTC to fund-raise, why did Maidsafe need to include Mastercoin and why did Swarmcorp need to include Counterparty?
legendary
July 23, 2014, 08:07:41 AM

Currently held as collateral by monbux
July 23, 2014, 07:49:55 AM
They are still making a lot of money for funding the project they have
Looking at the site its 7,182,144 ETH
Or near 3600 Bitcoin * 600 = 2.15 million  Shocked
https://www.ethereum.org/

I have supported ethereum buying some of them, but I think it's a risky investment so I gambled only a little amount.

July 23, 2014, 07:39:36 AM

I have supported ethereum buying some of them, but I think it's a risky investment so I gambled only a little amount.

I think this is what I'll do. I've been looking forward to the ether presale and was planning to buy some all along, but now I see the details I think I will buy spend less than I had intended.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
July 23, 2014, 07:34:43 AM
i initially thought it was the ether that johnny depp was on in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/LISTS/vegas/002_Fear_And_Loathing_In_Las_Vegas.jpg

Yeahhh! That's an awesome movie!
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 23, 2014, 07:31:41 AM

July 23, 2014, 07:13:30 AM
lol everytime i see an altcoins launching i'm laughing hard...

Do you noobs realize they're essentially making btc out of this? So they sell their ultimate coins for BTC and guess what noob? so they can hold more btc. All ppl behind these projects are already btc rich. If they truly believe their alt coins are.... "bitcoin2.0" they would have dumped their btc.

I'm not going to say this will make money, but people should realize they aren't trying to be BTC 2.0. It's a very different type of coin for a different purpose. I'm not even sure it'd be considered a cryptocurrency in the traditional sense.

yea, it is sort of like MaidSafe.  I'm about 10% familiar with both of these, and the wording is very, very similar.

how many more of these will we see pop up.

they are preselling you tokens that can be used to get processing power and storage on other people's property.  Smiley

Ethereum is nothing like Maidsafe, and its not about buying processing power or storage on other people's machines; ethereum is mostly about smart contracts, and also about Dao's (digital autonomous organisations).

what do you think those smart contracts are for  selling people blow jobs on electronic machine to machine markets?  (hint: sharing computer resources...)

i know digging back to the 1980s is hard, but come on... do some research

from the ethereum.org, pay attention to #3, #5

"open source, one click app install.
law
cloud storage
prediction markets
trading
decentralized hosting
your own currency"

Maidsafe is farmed by people providing computer resources to the network which others can buy. Ethereum is mined using a PoW block chain - there is no direct provision in Etheruem for people to be rewarded for providing computer resources directly to the ethereum network, or for others to buy those resources from the network. No idea what your reference to the 1980s means.
Activity: 249
July 23, 2014, 07:11:16 AM

what is his motivation of doing this? - It makes not too much sense, if ether only sees an inflation of 28% per year and the ipo buyers probably will not sell below initial price

You know Mircea
Well perhaps not it but pretty much MP loves to point out the weaknesses in Bitcoin securities and tout Mpex but Mircea is pretty much saying Ethereum is seriously over valued and is willing to bet a futures contract on it.

In other words give me 1 BTC now I'll deliver these many coins for you next year and am presently offering a better exchange rate than Ethereum.
(MP) thinks that they can make a lot more Bitcoins than the true value of etherum will be at that date in the future.

@ Yes I think that Romanian would deliver and hold up their end of the deal in a year lol.

That said maidsafe is close to market again
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ipo-of-maidsafe-entering-the-future-of-the-decentralized-internet-579797
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_maid

AT IPO 17000 = 1 BTC
0.00004893 * 17000 = 0.83181

these guys will easily get 20k+ BTC.  that is good for us. more btc off the tables...
what the hell does that even mean

whether it goes up or down really doesn't matter unless you want to speculate on increasing your btc position 8 months from now
absolute genius

it validates that a company can raise 10's of millions using BTC, and will use BTC to essentially fund its operation.
more genius analysis

it has some young, smart dorky guy (sorry Vitalik) who looks a lot better than some fat fuck who can't even run a magic card exchange and some other person who was dumb enough to put out assassination contracts with under cover FBI agents...
this dude might change the world, and you're just an assclown

anyway i might throw in 0.5 btc for the hell of it, who knows maybe Mircea will get short squeezed and i can 10x that into 5 btc. 
hypocrite

your post is ignorant, have a nice day!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
July 23, 2014, 07:02:39 AM

Do you noobs realize they're essentially making btc out of this? So they sell their ultimate coins for BTC and guess what noob? so they can hold more btc. All ppl behind these projects are already btc rich. If they truly believe their alt coins are.... "bitcoin2.0" they would have dumped their btc.

I'm not going to say this will make money, but people should realize they aren't trying to be BTC 2.0. It's a very different type of coin for a different purpose. I'm not even sure it'd be considered a cryptocurrency in the traditional sense.

yea, it is sort of like MaidSafe.  I'm about 10% familiar with both of these, and the wording is very, very similar.

they are preselling you tokens that can be used to get processing power and storage on other people's property.  Smiley

Ethereum is nothing like Maidsafe, and its not about buying processing power or storage on other people's machines; ethereum is mostly about smart contracts, and also about Dao's (digital autonomous organisations).

what do you think those smart contracts are for  selling people blow jobs on electronic machine to machine markets?  (hint: sharing computer resources...)

i know digging back to the 1980s is hard, but come on... do some research

from the ethereum.org, pay attention to #3, #5

"open source, one click app install.
law
cloud storage
prediction markets
trading
decentralized hosting
your own currency"
legendary
July 23, 2014, 06:57:56 AM

what is his motivation of doing this? - It makes not too much sense, if ether only sees an inflation of 28% per year and the ipo buyers probably will not sell below initial price

You know Mircea
Well perhaps not it but pretty much MP loves to point out the weaknesses in Bitcoin securities and tout Mpex but Mircea is pretty much saying Ethereum is seriously over valued and is willing to bet a futures contract on it.

In other words give me 1 BTC now I'll deliver these many coins for you next year and am presently offering a better exchange rate than Ethereum.
(MP) thinks that they can make a lot more Bitcoins than the true value of etherum will be at that date in the future.

@ Yes I think that Romanian would deliver and hold up their end of the deal in a year lol.

That said maidsafe is close to market again
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ipo-of-maidsafe-entering-the-future-of-the-decentralized-internet-579797
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_maid

AT IPO 17000 = 1 BTC
0.00004893 * 17000 = 0.83181

these guys will easily get 20k+ BTC.  that is good for us. more btc off the tables...

whether it goes up or down really doesn't matter unless you want to speculate on increasing your btc position 8 months from now

it validates that a company can raise 10's of millions using BTC, and will use BTC to essentially fund its operation.

it has some young, smart dorky guy (sorry Vitalik) who looks a lot better than some fat fuck who can't even run a magic card exchange and some other person who was dumb enough to put out assassination contracts with under cover FBI agents...

anyway i might throw in 0.5 btc for the hell of it, who knows maybe Mircea will get short squeezed and i can 10x that into 5 btc. 
July 23, 2014, 06:48:51 AM

legendary
July 23, 2014, 06:39:54 AM

Pages:
Jump to: