Pages:
Author

Topic: What about Litecoin? - page 6. (Read 1099 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
June 11, 2021, 06:26:27 AM
Litecoin had a lots of support before 2017 but lost it's supporter when main developer declared that he had sold all his litecoin during 2017 bull run on bitcoin! That was the day litecoin began to stall in development and many people were disappointed! Infact it got so bad for litecoin that many developers working on the left for other altcoin! I still use litecoin because it's fee are cheap and I'm hoping it will do better in the future!
Of course seeing Litecoin like this is very unfortunate because after all Litecoin was one of the projects that was quite promising at the time,
and it's not only you who seem to hope that Litecoin can be better in the future,
and hopefully the development can be continued again
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
June 11, 2021, 06:16:33 AM
Litecoin had a lots of support before 2017 but lost it's supporter when main developer declared that he had sold all his litecoin during 2017 bull run on bitcoin! That was the day litecoin began to stall in development and many people were disappointed! Infact it got so bad for litecoin that many developers working on the left for other altcoin! I still use litecoin because it's fee are cheap and I'm hoping it will do better in the future!
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 11, 2021, 05:45:47 AM
LTC has only broken its ATH a little bit in this bull market, not reaching up to many people's expectations. BTC is gold, LTC is silver,silver is now getting further and further away from gold.
I have just checked LTC in the past year is increasing about 272%, and BTC is about 283%,haha,almost the same,just judging from the increas of the past year, it has not been pulled away from BTC.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
June 11, 2021, 05:34:47 AM
The "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold" has been out of the spotlight for quite time. I'm surprised this is happening with LTC since worthless coins like Dogecoin and SHIBA are getting all of the attention in the mainstream world. Unlike the aforementioned coins, Litecoin with only 84 million coins that will ever exist. One thing for sure is that Litecoin is faster and cheaper than Bitcoin. If DOGE went all the way from being worth nothing all the way to nearly $1 per coin, then Litecoin can do much more than that.

Last time I've checked, LTC developers announced the "Mimblewimble" privacy technique. I don't know if it's already been implemented since I haven't been catching up with the project's progress. Adding new features to a Blockchain should make the underlying cryptocurrency soar all the way to the moon. Yet, nothing is happening as LTC remains stagnant in price.

Am I missing something here? What do you think may be the cause of Litecoin's stagnation? Will it have a future? Do you think it is worth buying and holding for the long term just like Bitcoin? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley

IMO the only advantage LTC had at the time, was being faster than BTC and easier to mine. But lately, there's 1000's of coins or tokens who fill that exact role, even better than LTC.
So that's, in my guess, why no1's paying real close attention to it anymore
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
June 11, 2021, 05:26:45 AM
Agreed with your thought on transaction speed  but not least important is  their ability to be fully untraceable. Recent studies show that privacy is one of the major concern for those people who use crypto intensively in their life.   Mimblewimble Extension Blocks (MWEB) feature which will raise the degree of confidentiality  for LTC transactions is round the corner.

Privacy is good for most market participants, but in the case of Litecoin, if MimbleWimble is launched on the main network, it can lead to delisting from exchanges, as was the case with Monero, Dash, Zcash and other anonymous cryptocurrencies. Perhaps this is the reason why Litecoin developers are hesitant to launch this update on the main network.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
June 11, 2021, 03:05:44 AM
very worried that the price of litecoin is affected by bitcoin (btc) turmoil, the coins should have long had its own fundamentals
Yes it should have its own fundamental...but it is the reality that litecoin and some other big altcoins also dependent on the price of bitcoin.....it is almost not possible that bitcoin goes down and other altcoin goes up...it happens only very rarely
yes, i agree that's why litecoin needs a refresh so old coins like this work as well as possible to have fundamentals so it doesn't really matter bnb tried it
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
June 09, 2021, 01:11:46 AM
very worried that the price of litecoin is affected by bitcoin (btc) turmoil, the coins should have long had its own fundamentals
Activity: 62
Merit: 4
June 08, 2021, 02:55:55 PM
Litecoin in the long term also has a high price estimate, so don't hesitate to buy, Litecoin will also develop like Ethereum.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
June 08, 2021, 12:29:07 PM
litecoin has a great potential to climb up the stairs with btc and eth. but as far as we seen that ltc hasnt much rise as btc or eth. it price should more than bnb atleast but.
its  havent happened yet. because od bnb has a great demand and usecase it took the moonshot earliar than ltc.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 08, 2021, 11:04:43 AM
Cryptocurency market has changed. People now got attracted by DeFi and NFT - things that help them earn fortune rather than holding an outdated coin. Even Mimblewimble won't help. Privacy coins will be killed by governments. A few years ago, Dash, Monero and Zcash were really popular but where they are now? Doge coin is an exceptional piece of joke, don't ever compare any coin with it.

That's certainly true, mate. All of the attention is on "De-Fi" and NFTs right now. Most people are only into crypto to make a lot of money within the least time possible. They don't care about the underlying cryptocurrency's economics or features. Privacy coins are long lost especially because most centralized exchanges have de-listed them. I don't think Litecoin will be used more thoroughly once Mimblewimble comes into play. If developers want to attract the masses into Litecoin, they're going to need to integrate smart contracts into the Blockchain. Something like RSK for Litecoin should do the trick.

Despite Litecoin's current price, I'd say it's one of the altcoins that will never fade into oblivion. It's an oldie but goodie with a limited supply of 84 million coins. This makes Litecoin the most scarce cryptocurrency on the market after Bitcoin. People will ultimately decide whenever they'd want to buy and "hodl" Litecoin for the long term, or sell it for profit. As long as there's a community behind the project, nothing else matters. It's been nearly 10 years since Litecoin's inception, and so far there's no indication it'll go anywhere soon. The "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold" is here to stay no matter what critics say against it. Sometime in the future when crypto becomes widely adopted in the mainstream world, Litecoin will blossom. I wouldn't worry about its price as long as it remains decentralized and highly-functional for day-to-day payments. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 120
Merit: 38
June 03, 2021, 11:16:10 AM
What makes Litecoin better than Dogecoin is its scarcity. Only 84 million LTC will ever exist, making it as good as Bitcoin. You can use LTC both as a store of value and digital cash thanks to the way it was designed. I'm glad to know that developers are still working on the Litecoin project to make it stand the test of time. The recent "Mimblewimble" announcement, tells us that Litecoin isn't going anywhere. I hope that someday people will notice Litecoin's true benefits over Dogecoin, as crypto/Blockchain tech becomes mainstream. Just my thoughts Grin
Cryptocurency market has changed. People now got attracted by DeFi and NFT - things that help them earn fortune rather than holding an outdated coin. Even Mimblewimble won't help. Privacy coins will be killed by governments. A few years ago, Dash, Monero and Zcash were really popular but where they are now? Doge coin is an exceptional piece of joke, don't ever compare any coin with it.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 03, 2021, 10:13:51 AM
Dogecoin didn't go out and ask Elon to promote doge, nobody did, it wasn't really something people could do, you could reach out to Bill Gates today and ask to get litecoin promoted and you will get absolutely nothing at all. Which is why I think it is quite important to realize it was all organic and it got hyped, hell even if Elon promoted doge it may not be interesting to anyone and could have gone unnoticed who knows, it is a lot of luck involved.

Litecoin may not have something like that at all, litecoin was never something too hyped or too loved, it is something old and has been around for a long time, probably oldest coin after bitcoin that is still at top 20 levels, and that is why it is getting attention, otherwise it is totally useless. Hell even the creator or founder or whatever he is Charlie ended up selling his litecoin when it went up, that's how much it is cared.

That's certainly true, mate. Litecoin is one of the oldest cryptocurrencies on the market right now. Dogecoin is the same, but somehow, it has brought the attention of popular figures like Elon Musk and Mark Cuban. That's odd considering that DOGE was created as a joke than a serious cryptocurrency for day-to-day payments.

What makes Litecoin better than Dogecoin is its scarcity. Only 84 million LTC will ever exist, making it as good as Bitcoin. You can use LTC both as a store of value and digital cash thanks to the way it was designed. I'm glad to know that developers are still working on the Litecoin project to make it stand the test of time. The recent "Mimblewimble" announcement, tells us that Litecoin isn't going anywhere. I hope that someday people will notice Litecoin's true benefits over Dogecoin, as crypto/Blockchain tech becomes mainstream. Just my thoughts Grin
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
June 03, 2021, 08:23:22 AM
Dogecoin didn't go out and ask Elon to promote doge, nobody did, it wasn't really something people could do, you could reach out to Bill Gates today and ask to get litecoin promoted and you will get absolutely nothing at all. Which is why I think it is quite important to realize it was all organic and it got hyped, hell even if Elon promoted doge it may not be interesting to anyone and could have gone unnoticed who knows, it is a lot of luck involved.

Litecoin may not have something like that at all, litecoin was never something too hyped or too loved, it is something old and has been around for a long time, probably oldest coin after bitcoin that is still at top 20 levels, and that is why it is getting attention, otherwise it is totally useless. Hell even the creator or founder or whatever he is Charlie ended up selling his litecoin when it went up, that's how much it is cared.
The truth is, there needs to be something that attracts people to some coin, there needs to be a characteristic about that coin or token to get promoted. Doge was a "meme" coin and basically it was a fun thing, it was funny and quirky and that drove people to it, it is totally useless and worthless coin that should worth nothing more than 1 cent, but as we can see it is going up constantly because people find it funny and entertaining and it gave them a group collective thing to do.

Bitcoin, ethereum, bnb, all those coins have something about it. The thing is, even if you do not ask someone to promote you, if you have nothing to be promoted then obviously you are not going to find anyone that will promote you. This is why I think it is quite important to realize we are not going to get any promotion for litecoin, it is getting worse and worse.
Activity: 966
Merit: 306
June 02, 2021, 07:48:14 PM
Any crypto with no technical development will be replaced by other providing same utility with better working like speed and fees.Litecoin is still being used by many due to its faster confirmation speed and less fees than Bitcoin and ETH which is why most of the exchange transfers are done via LTC usage.But they need to improve more and more with new cryptos like Solana,DOT,ADA coming up in the market with better technology and prices are sparking high for them as user prefer investing in future growth oriented projects these days.
Solana, Dot, ADA have long adventure and need to grow up more to meet what Litecoin has achieved so far.

They are on hype and very popularly mentioned in crypto communities but they are young and have to be challenged more by the market. With bull market, people are optimistic and easily adopt new things. With bear market, they will fear with most of things and hesitate to experience with any thing.

Litecoin is the third biggest mineable cryptocurrency. This fact makes sense.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
June 02, 2021, 12:17:35 PM
Any crypto with no technical development will be replaced by other providing same utility with better working like speed and fees.Litecoin is still being used by many due to its faster confirmation speed and less fees than Bitcoin and ETH which is why most of the exchange transfers are done via LTC usage.But they need to improve more and more with new cryptos like Solana,DOT,ADA coming up in the market with better technology and prices are sparking high for them as user prefer investing in future growth oriented projects these days.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
June 02, 2021, 11:58:15 AM
No marketing/promotion for Litecoin, means no demand on the market. We need someone like Elon Musk to promote Litecoin so it could soar all the way to the moon. Otherwise, prices will stale as people focus on other big players on the market. What matters is the usefulness of the blockchain in question.

So far, Litecoin has done its job well as being an alternative cryptocurrency to Bitcoin focusing on high-speed transfers at a fraction of the cost. It's been relatively stable since it's inception, thanks to its decentralized and censorship-resistant design. Litecoin might be able to last a lifetime if the community continues to support it. Price per coin doesn't matter as long as the coin is actively traded on the market. We'll see how far Litecoin will go as the competition becomes fierce in the crypto/Blockchain space. Just my thoughts Grin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306
C U
June 01, 2021, 03:20:24 PM
Litecoin is one of the best cryptocurrencies ever existed and as stated above, it's available almost everywhere in every exchange and it's faster than Bitcoin too. Its creator @coblee is still around here too not like Satoshi who's gone forever. The price of LTC is just a matter of time until it increases.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 250
June 01, 2021, 03:11:06 PM
Litecoin actually I think is pretty good because with the increase from year to year it's pretty good to see but many people don't really like this ltc because there are some drawbacks. like this coin does not have a token unlike other coins, for example, such as eth and binance. this is one of the reasons why not many people are on this coin.
but I think this coin is quite good and if you want to invest long term this coin can be one that can be used because this coin is quite stable and maybe one day the price will be better
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
June 01, 2021, 03:07:53 PM
Litecoin doing good this year during the bullish months we had and saw some youtube videos that litecoin will be big this year if bitcoin can recover the massive dip we have right now. I like blockchain of litecoin because of its efficiency especially with less fees in every transactions that's why bought some few in this dip market.

Lesser fees as its backing up Bitcoin, and it surely go further once bitcoin recover from this market fall,

Litecoin always moving when there's a good bullish move from Bitcoin, one of those oldest coin that

still god for investing, expect another strong move best time to go deeper for this asset.
Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
June 01, 2021, 03:04:40 PM
The "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold" has been out of the spotlight for quite time. I'm surprised this is happening with LTC since worthless coins like Dogecoin and SHIBA are getting all of the attention in the mainstream world. Unlike the aforementioned coins, Litecoin with only 84 million coins that will ever exist. One thing for sure is that Litecoin is faster and cheaper than Bitcoin. If DOGE went all the way from being worth nothing all the way to nearly $1 per coin, then Litecoin can do much more than that.

Last time I've checked, LTC developers announced the "Mimblewimble" privacy technique. I don't know if it's already been implemented since I haven't been catching up with the project's progress. Adding new features to a Blockchain should make the underlying cryptocurrency soar all the way to the moon. Yet, nothing is happening as LTC remains stagnant in price.

Am I missing something here? What do you think may be the cause of Litecoin's stagnation? Will it have a future? Do you think it is worth buying and holding for the long term just like Bitcoin? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley

To begin with, if you notice the attention channelled to Dogecoin and its likes happened with the bull run, secondly for the case of Dogecoin, attention paid to it was caused by a prominent person hence driving unfathomable hype to the coin which of course spiked the growth. This then brings us to the fact that, hype is one of the big things that matters in the growth of any project just as fud can also cause a downfall of a project unless it is a definitely strong one. So in essence, Dogecoin grew because of hype and since people understood what that means in relation to price they followed along and while some made money others got trapped. As for Litecoin, what the team needs to it continue working, secondly the team need to be active on social media in order to keep the community updated and wanting for more. A good example of a coin whose team/CEO is always active is Binance Coin. So if Litecoin team can follow suit, it would be a good way to grow, that is, good Innovation plus an active social media presence.
Pages:
Jump to: