Pages:
Author

Topic: What Browser You Use - page 76. (Read 139587 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
CoinBooster Rep
June 19, 2014, 01:34:15 AM
chrome at work
CoinBooster Rep
June 19, 2014, 01:33:21 AM
firefox
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
June 19, 2014, 12:48:55 AM
To compliment my opinion, I just opened up many tabs with Chrome and this is how my Task Manager looks like:

See all those Chrome.exe processes?
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
June 19, 2014, 12:42:35 AM
I've been using Mozilla Firefox for ages now, but to be honest, it seems more memory/resource-heavy than it used to be. Or maybe I am visiting more resource-heavy web pages.... anyway, probably about time I should try out Chrome, from the sound of it.

Chrome is the most resource-sensitive browser. It runs separate processes for each tab. I have been running Firefox and Chrome both on my PC and monitoring memory usage. Chrome tops all other browsers, so you're better off with Firefox.

?

i believe he meant chrome tops other browsers in terms of memory usage. meaning, use chrome, use more memory, computer runs slower. funny, i had heard the opposite as well, though.

Sorry, I messed up my sentence. I was going to say "keep using Firefox"
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
June 19, 2014, 12:07:24 AM
i use chrome and firefox. it depends also to the compatibility of the website. there are some websites that i go in are not compatible. other website requires the use of internet explorer.

There are sites that require you to use internet explorer? Surely, these must be decades old sites. Grin

I mean, if you're into web site creation, I can understand why you would need IE, given its quirky nature and still holding a portion of the market, but other than that, why would anyone need it, unless they don't know any better/are forced to it?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw
June 18, 2014, 11:47:00 PM
i used IE for 6-8 years than i moved to mozzilla firefox (3-5 years now), now i use mozzilla firefox and chrome.  I downloaded chrome just to make sure dicing is faster and that i can use chrome bot on it Smiley.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 18, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
i use chrome and firefox. it depends also to the compatibility of the website. there are some websites that i go in are not compatible. other website requires the use of internet explorer.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
June 18, 2014, 10:54:34 PM
Chrome + Firefox = Perfect
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
June 18, 2014, 10:46:05 PM
I'm a ubuntu user, as it brings smoother interface than windows xp.
And i currently using chromium, not chrome. Well it's nice, offers many features like other browsers did, haven't experience any problem with it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
June 18, 2014, 10:10:06 PM
for browsing speed i think Google Chrome is good but for modding firefox more better
i prefer choice firefox for this because firefox more flexible and with the support of many addons which makes it much easier adapted to the needs
Activity: 12
June 18, 2014, 06:22:28 PM
I use opera, although Ive been considering switching to chromium (not chrome), just havent gotten around to it yet..
Activity: 448
June 18, 2014, 06:05:55 PM
I've been using Mozilla Firefox for ages now, but to be honest, it seems more memory/resource-heavy than it used to be. Or maybe I am visiting more resource-heavy web pages.... anyway, probably about time I should try out Chrome, from the sound of it.

Chrome is the most resource-sensitive browser. It runs separate processes for each tab. I have been running Firefox and Chrome both on my PC and monitoring memory usage. Chrome tops all other browsers, so you're better off with Firefox.

?

i believe he meant chrome tops other browsers in terms of memory usage. meaning, use chrome, use more memory, computer runs slower. funny, i had heard the opposite as well, though.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
June 18, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

?
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
June 18, 2014, 09:18:58 AM

Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Here I Am !!
June 18, 2014, 09:14:04 AM
Im using firefox mostly, sometimes chrome and opera mini for mobile devices
Activity: 378
June 18, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
Firefox, Chrome is just as buggy as IE so no thanks to that.
Activity: 14
June 18, 2014, 07:21:31 AM
I use mozzila firefox for long time and I think it is the most simple browser of all and because of that i like it
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
June 18, 2014, 06:07:46 AM
How can people be so stupid to put speed over security?

A lot of people simply don't care about it; until they're directly affect, of course. Then there are those that think there is nothing they can really do about it and that they're going to be spied on either way, so they might as well go along with it... I mean, at least with google it's just for ads, right? [/s] Roll Eyes
freedomainradio.com
June 18, 2014, 05:23:13 AM
How can people be so stupid to put speed over security?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 18, 2014, 03:31:01 AM

I think Firefox has been becoming a bit more resource intensive as well
In google I can have around 100 to 200 tabs before it collapses set in multiple windows
Using Firefox it goes to around 20 per window but it can do the same more or less but on the extreme edge for one tab you can tell the difference Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: