Pages:
Author

Topic: What coin should I 'mine' with my laptops? - page 7. (Read 1288 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 11
Professional Dutch translations
That's what I feared. Thanks a lot for the advice.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Hello,

I have two laptops with good specs eating dust. I thought to set them to work as nodes or miners or something like that. See if it's worthwhile.

The specs of my best laptop are i7, 16 GB RAM, 1.xx GHz, Windows 10. The other is a 4GB RAM laptop. I think it's i5, but I don't know the exact specs from the top of my head.

I'm a newbie in staking and mining and I don't want to install Ubuntu or Linux. I'm not an IT guy.

It can be leading or non-leading coins. That doesn't matter.

Does anyone have tips and suggestions about where to start and what to mine?

Thanks in advance.
It is not advisable to mine with laptop.  I have tried before but it doesn't worth it.  I could remember mine about a month and end up with around $4 worth of coins.  I have to quit because after spending some much in energy I was at loses.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 470
Telegram: @jperryC
May we know what's the GPU of your laptop? most of the coins that can be mine through CPU and GPU but most of the miners preferred to mine using GPU.

Why? According to en.bitcoin.it "A CPU core can execute 4 32-bit instructions per clock (using a 128-bit SSE instruction) or 8 via AVX (256-Bit), whereas a GPU like the Radeon HD 5970 can execute 3200 32-bit instructions per clock (using its 3200 ALUs or shaders)."

but if you will mine using CPU you're just about to waste your electricity.
Activity: 373
Merit: 124
your going to waste  energy instead of getting any profit.  2c - 4c day.  not a good idea
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
Professional Dutch translations
Hello,

I have two laptops with good specs eating dust. I thought to set them to work as nodes or miners or something like that. See if it's worthwhile.

The specs of my best laptop are i7, 16 GB RAM, 1.xx GHz, Windows 10. The other is a 4GB RAM laptop. I think it's i5, but I don't know the exact specs from the top of my head.

I'm a newbie in staking and mining and I don't want to install Ubuntu or Linux. I'm not an IT guy.

It can be leading or non-leading coins. That doesn't matter.

Does anyone have tips and suggestions about where to start and what to mine?

Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: