Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when BTC shoots up? - page 8. (Read 17055 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
December 27, 2016, 02:47:10 PM
At this moment, I'm selling about 25% amount of my total bitcoin into fiat.
And for other rest, I'm keep holding until next halving, I'm sure the bitcoin value will grow exponentially over time so I can't sell all it out.

Anyway I was so shocked that bitcoin reach highest value on this year

Same here! Bitcoin has the potential to reward it's investors. I become encouraged when I see bitcoins rising in value and I introduce it to other people outside the crypto community. I do this even when the price corrects. Bitcoin is for everyone and the success of bitcoin depends on how much people decides to use it.
Actually it is good that you introduce people to bitcoins but I am sorry to say brother but the best time to introduce people to bitcoins is when the price is low so that when people invest in bitcoins they see bitcoins growing, while if they would invest at the peak they wont be able to gain maximum profits and some might even consider a scam operation Sad , I hope you understand what I actually mean.

I think any day is good time to introduce Bitcoin to a friend, relative or even a stranger.  Introducing Bitcoin does not mean you are forcing or telling them to buy it.  It is a simply you are informing them that there is this cryptocurrency that exist and can be use anywhere in the world if there is a merchant or exchanger that is accepting or converting Bitcoin to local currency.  It is also in our discretion to tell them the right time to buy Bitcoin. I am sure we will not force them to buy Bitcoin at its Peak price.

when the price of bitcoin shoots up im selling it to usd so i can buy more bitcoin whhen it drop back down. soon it will drop back down so thats my opportunity to have more bitcoin than i have today. it's like a cycle soon i can have my own gambling site or some service site where im accepting bitcoin as a payment because im a freelancer.

Same here i will sell my bitcoin at peak price then rebuy at its dip.  Rinse and repeat. Until I have enough savings to put up a business that accept bitcoin.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
December 27, 2016, 02:40:01 PM
when the price of bitcoin shoots up im selling it to usd so i can buy more bitcoin whhen it drop back down. soon it will drop back down so thats my opportunity to have more bitcoin than i have today. it's like a cycle soon i can have my own gambling site or some service site where im accepting bitcoin as a payment because im a freelancer.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
December 27, 2016, 02:30:43 PM
And for other rest, I'm keep holding until next halving, I'm sure the bitcoin value will grow exponentially over time so I can't sell all it out.

Same here! Bitcoin has the potential to reward it's investors. I become encouraged when I see bitcoins rising in value and I introduce it to other people outside the crypto community. I do this even when the price corrects. Bitcoin is for everyone and the success of bitcoin depends on how much people decides to use it.
Actually it is good that you introduce people to bitcoins but I am sorry to say brother but the best time to introduce people to bitcoins is when the price is low so that when people invest in bitcoins they see bitcoins growing, while if they would invest at the peak they wont be able to gain maximum profits and some might even consider a scam operation Sad , I hope you understand what I actually mean.
Its not too late for them if you want to introduce it to other people it is better to say that buying bitcoin still not too late and i think we are still in early stage. that i think the price of bitcoin will not stay long in this level and i think more price increase will happen these following years.. because more adoption will come and many feature will be added..
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
December 27, 2016, 02:23:02 PM

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
December 26, 2016, 04:58:09 PM
today is one of the cases of this happening in real time. right now as i am typing this price is $867 on bitfinex and it has shot up in less than a day. now the question is what is everyone doing in this case?

i am personally looking for a top to sell some coins and wait for a bottom to buy back more. probably on 880ish price. but i have to wait and see.
I guess you should not sell if you really trust bitcoins. Brother this time for some reason I am sensing like bitcoins would cross 1250$ barrier in coming 10 days, I really hope so too. I have around 1.21 bitcoins overall if I collect from all wallets and sites and yet I am saving them only because I am damn sure this time it will reach a very high value.
If you are a day trader with some time to spare, there is nothing wrong with flowing with and enjoying the ride. First thing is to establish the main trend of an asset, bitcoin in this case then a trader can always sell at the crest and lie in wait to buy again at the trough and that can be done several time a day given the volatility of bitcoin.
legendary
Merit: 1153
December 26, 2016, 04:52:01 PM
today is one of the cases of this happening in real time. right now as i am typing this price is $867 on bitfinex and it has shot up in less than a day. now the question is what is everyone doing in this case?

i am personally looking for a top to sell some coins and wait for a bottom to buy back more. probably on 880ish price. but i have to wait and see.
I guess you should not sell if you really trust bitcoins. Brother this time for some reason I am sensing like bitcoins would cross 1250$ barrier in coming 10 days, I really hope so too. I have around 1.21 bitcoins overall if I collect from all wallets and sites and yet I am saving them only because I am damn sure this time it will reach a very high value.

Selling Bitcoin does not mean we have lost our faith in it. People who are day trading or short trading believes that bitcoin will bounce back once they buy in its price decline.  It is a simple means of  maximizing the possible profit in Bitcoin while waiting for its price to increase and eventually exit at a target price.

I don't know where you get the foundation of Bitcoin breaking $1200  in 10 days, or is it a mere wish hoping to come true?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
December 26, 2016, 04:35:38 PM

Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 26, 2016, 03:13:51 PM
Yeah. Thats what is traders do. They buy when the price is cheap and sell when the price pumps up. Right now bitcoin is a best crypto right now because of its good rally. Its hard to choose altcoins right now. But altcoins are good for long term trading. Long patience is a must when trading altcoins because it takes time to pump the price depending on the hype.
I guess you are saying the opposite because bitcoins are much much more stable than alt coins and price change is quick in alt coins while its steady and slow in bitcoins.

Anyways I just wish for the price to reach even higher values when I see it rising to high values, I guess the best time to sell bitcoins is around new year because a lot of people buy btc that time and hence the market is high, though I am empty at such events since I spend all Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
December 26, 2016, 11:41:15 AM
Yeah. Thats what is traders do. They buy when the price is cheap and sell when the price pumps up. Right now bitcoin is a best crypto right now because of its good rally. Its hard to choose altcoins right now. But altcoins are good for long term trading. Long patience is a must when trading altcoins because it takes time to pump the price depending on the hype.
Making profits on altcoin will only depend on what altcoin did you put your money on because we all know that most alts doesn't give any guarantee because most of them are just designed for a pump and dump scheme.Its really a normal thing for most people who hold bitcoin would sell off their coins when it reaches a high price because they could see that they gain profits on that and that's definitely a trading.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
December 26, 2016, 10:13:53 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
December 26, 2016, 12:11:11 AM

I can see that bitcoin would boom the following year especially in our country where there are lots of users who joined this forum.
Everyday there are lots of users getting interested here like you especially business minded person who sees bitcoin as one of their investments.
So, I think we have a good start on the year 2017. Let us all 'cheer' at the end of the year.
legendary
Merit: 1159
December 25, 2016, 11:52:30 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 25, 2016, 08:02:18 PM
I do not trade, buy once Bitcoin and just waiting for a very high price to sell
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
December 25, 2016, 07:03:39 AM

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
December 25, 2016, 06:51:16 AM
Whenever the price increases a number of people often say that the price will go down again but I do not believe on it and I still keep my coins with me and hope for a better future and a further increase in the coming future so I do not sell them all and remain normal but only sometimes I use or sell some of them.
yeaa common people will keep being pessimistic in bitcoin .
but not with the real bitcoin miner/holder who have a strong believe in bitcoin as they know the real facts.
bitcoin will keep increasing as time goes by, and once the price shoots up some people will let it to sell all the coin and leaving but some people will keep holding till they think urgently needed or even will never ever sell the coins!
At that time keep holding is necessary for the reason that if everyone start to sell their coins then the supply will be increased much higher and the demand will be lowered down and then once again the good time will finish by decreasing the value. So the intelligent people do not sell at that time but they start to buy more bitcoins.
i think still people are not ready to sell their bitcoins as they think that the price of bitcoin can go so high in next few months, some people are expecting that the price of bitcoin will cross 1200 USD level very soon.
Don't expect too much because it might end up hurting your feelings Grin. Be a smart investor or trader, If you see that the price is high and you already earned a lot of money or at least 150% from your investment then you can start selling some of your bitcoins and the rest will serve as a saving for a long term run so if the price will continue reaching up then you have savings from your bitcoin which you can sell to gather some profit again Roll Eyes.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2016, 11:59:12 AM
Whenever the price increases a number of people often say that the price will go down again but I do not believe on it and I still keep my coins with me and hope for a better future and a further increase in the coming future so I do not sell them all and remain normal but only sometimes I use or sell some of them.
but not with the real bitcoin miner/holder who have a strong believe in bitcoin as they know the real facts.
bitcoin will keep increasing as time goes by, and once the price shoots up some people will let it to sell all the coin and leaving but some people will keep holding till they think urgently needed or even will never ever sell the coins!
At that time keep holding is necessary for the reason that if everyone start to sell their coins then the supply will be increased much higher and the demand will be lowered down and then once again the good time will finish by decreasing the value. So the intelligent people do not sell at that time but they start to buy more bitcoins.
i think still people are not ready to sell their bitcoins as they think that the price of bitcoin can go so high in next few months, some people are expecting that the price of bitcoin will cross 1200 USD level very soon.
Activity: 350
December 23, 2016, 10:00:53 AM
Just holding the Bitcoins expecting it to rise much high is the best strategy when BTC shoots up. Selling it  will not be advisable.
Activity: 252
Merit: 113
NFTs on Sale: https://bit.ly/2POlV17
December 23, 2016, 09:24:08 AM
when bitcoin shoots up i will buy more bitcoin in huge amount and then hold it for more high price and when price go to a higher value then i will sell my bitcoin and then i will wait for lower price and when price decreases then i will buy more bitcoins.

Seriously?  When it's at high price, you are going to buy more and wait 'till it's even higher?

//alex
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
December 23, 2016, 08:36:11 AM
when bitcoin shoots up i will buy more bitcoin in huge amount and then hold it for more high price and when price go to a higher value then i will sell my bitcoin and then i will wait for lower price and when price decreases then i will buy more bitcoins.
Activity: 378
December 22, 2016, 07:42:19 PM
yes that is a good strategy, to me i also holding bitcoin for some more time, as the price of bitcoin still have good potential to increase and hope that it is going to cross 1200 USD lever very soon. and hope that we will see another all time high price level of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: