Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 17. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 0
August 06, 2018, 04:07:32 AM
I want to sell my altcoin as soon as the coin soars, because I can't predict what will happen tomorrow, I won't be too greedy, as long as I don't lose money, I can make money, then I will sell it. This is a good time for me. When the market declines, I should not buy the altcoin for sale because I know that I will buy other high quality altcoins at that time.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
August 06, 2018, 04:04:52 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

of course you have to do research and always follow every altcoin development you have, you have to know your altcoin has the potential to grow in the future or you have to sell it. this is the most important part when you want to speculate, especially the market is falling rapidly.
Activity: 38
August 06, 2018, 03:53:23 AM
It all depends on my prediction of the coin. If the price is soaring, I will continue to observe it until my ideal price. It depends entirely on personal judgment.
Activity: 163
August 06, 2018, 03:51:18 AM
personally, I will sell the coins that I have if I feel the price is suitable. because I'm afraid if i takes too long to wait, the price will down.. and if the price is going down I will buy some altcoins to hold so that later i can sell it at the high price and I hope to get a big profit.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
August 06, 2018, 03:46:06 AM
I think we sell 50% and I hold 50% in the long run, waiting for a higher price increase, so we will also get more money.
Activity: 102
August 06, 2018, 03:40:53 AM
My own strategy is to sell a part, the most important thing is to look at the market trend. If it is the arrival of the bull market, I will stick to the end. If it is not very likely to be a rebound, all I will choose according to the market.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
August 06, 2018, 03:34:44 AM
It depends on the coin you are holding and the amount of income being generated with that 30% spike. If it is worth grabbing then why not but i will not settle for such amount. In any investment that i made i look at for at least 50% increase before i start selling.
Activity: 137
August 06, 2018, 03:31:39 AM
I started selling particularly I keep booking my profits on every step like if I buy coins from ico I sell some to book my initial investment first then sell more to book profits but in airdrops coins I sell half and hold the rest of the coins until that is upto 5x or 6x.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
August 06, 2018, 03:28:21 AM
Dude I am selling right away whenever the coin spikes by even 10-15% because that is like too big hike for me and nice profits over my investment. Sometimes I wont sell only if I am holding less quantities of it and the prices are also less for that particular coin. This is because it wont be profiting me much in terms of USD value and thus I will wait only for those coins and that scenario. May be some people find it odd but that is the best way to look around your investment. This makes sure that even if it is less valued coin and quantity then also you get more profits.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
August 06, 2018, 03:26:53 AM
If I have an altcoin that has potential to grow in the future then I don't want to sell I just hold that altcoin for long time or maybe I sell it when I earn double or triple profit.
Activity: 103
August 06, 2018, 03:24:14 AM
if the price is dropping rapidly on my portfolio I don't panic , I just keep waiting
Activity: 103
August 06, 2018, 03:17:39 AM
Yes, what you said is correct. There is no accurate answer. No matter how people answer, it is correct. When the coin is soaring, I will only sell the altcoin I hold and earn money from it. After all, no one knows what will happen tomorrow, don't be too greedy, as to whether it will buy again when the price falls, I can't answer this, I only know that day.
Activity: 168
August 06, 2018, 03:14:41 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

I'll sell it of course, I'll sell coins after making a profit. if indeed the price has gone up 30% I will not think long again, I will sell it. I will not hold it until there is another increase, because I have already benefited and I do not want to make a mistake.
Activity: 126
August 06, 2018, 02:26:07 AM
Although, I search the reason of spikes yet it depends on your opinion, guidance and strategic plan to grow globally. I need to focus on my regular behavior.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
August 06, 2018, 02:03:43 AM
I usually sell half of my coin if the price spikes about 30% and i will sell the rest at my target price. Usually i split my coin into three portions and sell them at different price each so that's why i still earn something if the price go down later. If there's opportunity then i will buy the coin again.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
August 06, 2018, 01:38:39 AM
This also a tough situation we don't know what to do and many times our prediction will go long.For example the price of bitcoin were increase from $6000 to $8000 few days more and many people were bough more coins at the time but now the prices were falling so we need to act before the spikes or we will lose,I will just hold my coins whatever the situation will be until my coin reaches my goal price.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
August 06, 2018, 01:37:23 AM
sometimes the 30% might be from the dumped price and the percentage is not good enough to consider. As at now most 30% spike are not significant even for bitcoin let alone altcoins. Investors consider the multiple of ICO price at least x2, most especially for whales.
Activity: 341
Merit: 4
August 06, 2018, 01:31:37 AM
I think if the price can jump 30%, I will sell 50% from the total of my coin and I am sure that after this, the price will drop again so I can buy the coin again. I often see this is happening in the market but sometimes I miss the right time so it will too late for me to sell my coin but I am sure that there is still another chance for me to sell when the price jumps again.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
August 06, 2018, 01:25:47 AM
30% is a small spike. I think it's better to wait 100% or more. As a rule, I expect a 10-20% drop after the peak of pump. Of course, experience is important to determine where it's time to sell.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
August 06, 2018, 01:01:32 AM

well, this is of course I cannot say specifically, because after all the situation or market development is always a calculation in every speculation. of course this can change depending on the situation. so you should look for a lot of knowledge and of course experience.
Pages:
Jump to: