Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 13. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 361
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 03:38:12 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
This is really a great moment in the life of every holder. When this happens to me I will never sell all tokens, because it can shot up the more. The right thing I suggest for friends is that, when this happens, and you are in need of money, then sell 50%.
Activity: 126
August 28, 2018, 03:35:36 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

for me personally, if you already get a profit of 30% then it's better to sell it. sometimes people are too greedy, they will wait for the price to get higher but what happens is the price drops and they lose the moment.
Activity: 119
August 27, 2018, 10:17:07 AM
I do not sell coins that grow from time to time, because it is difficult for me to control each of them. I always wait for a long-term profit, holding coins.
I think so too.  If you have invested in a promising coin and hold this coin for a long term, then do not sell coins when the price has increased by only 30-40%.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 27, 2018, 10:55:05 PM
It depends on your investment plan. If you don't want to take more risk then you can sell them all. But I think holding some of your coin for future is a great deal as the price spiked 30% and it can rise even more.

Learning from my mistakes, I would definitely sell it all and then if the price goes up more, I would not mind it at all because I was able to get profit from it and if the price goes down, I may consider buying if I can see that there is more demand to it. I would not be greedy thinking that I would get some profit if I would left something because it is not guaranteed. It would be better off if I would be able to have some profit and invest it maybe in other things or coins worth investing in.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
August 27, 2018, 10:43:18 PM
maybe what you say in your opinion is a general strategy in making investments using cryptocurrencies at low prices and selling them at high prices, but it takes patience and confidence in these investments and is good at taking advantage of opportunities to make a profit
Activity: 35
August 27, 2018, 10:24:57 PM
I say: use them and rotated through various forms to increase their value. We can trade on exchanges to increase the number alcoin.
Activity: 73
August 24, 2018, 08:52:00 AM
It depends on your investment plan. If you don't want to take more risk then you can sell them all. But I think holding some of your coin for future is a great deal as the price spiked 30% and it can rise even more.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 24, 2018, 08:43:14 AM
I do not sell coins that grow from time to time, because it is difficult for me to control each of them. I always wait for a long-term profit, holding coins.
Activity: 196
August 24, 2018, 08:22:44 AM
If the market has only begun to recover and the price of coins has increased, then it is worth waiting for a little more.
Activity: 154
August 22, 2018, 10:36:42 AM
I advise you to sell coins when the price has grown very quickly.  Do not be greedy and expect that the price will grow even more.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
August 22, 2018, 05:15:36 AM
It depends on my strategy and targets.for me, I usually sell half of my coin if the price spikes about 30% and i will sell the rest at my target price.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
August 22, 2018, 05:01:35 AM

Before I decide what action I will take maybe I will do the analysis first, because in that way of course we will know where the price will move, if the direction of the price continues to move up maybe I will leave it waiting for the price to grow and we will get more returns in the future. However when the price moves down, most likely I will sell it and buy it again when the price has dropped.
Activity: 196
August 22, 2018, 04:32:46 AM
If you invest and hold a coin for a short term and the price has grown very quickly, then I advise you to sell the coins and then buy again when the price drops.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
August 20, 2018, 11:11:27 PM
It depends on you. If you are a believe of long term investment, then you would want to hold it.
Activity: 168
August 20, 2018, 08:02:45 AM
If I hold a coin for a short term and the price has risen by 30%, then most likely I will sell coins and will wait for the price to be low again.
Activity: 642
Merit: 250
August 20, 2018, 07:59:47 AM
When that happens the things I think about and I can do is sell it, I think it's not worth the investment and trade, then look for coins that are much better and in the future produce maximum profits.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
August 19, 2018, 05:28:15 PM
strategy I always sell when the price of tokens is high and I buy again when the price falls, this is not only I apply to the token bounty that I get, but also other assets like bitcoin and ethereum that I have
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
August 19, 2018, 05:07:20 PM
Well, there is no other option in this case if successive price increases then you just have to wait until the coin pumps stop and make your be final and the you can sell drpends on the hype of your coin, better ways is to monitor the coins in a coinmarketcap to see the fluctuation period looking at the chart.
Activity: 136
August 19, 2018, 04:59:08 PM
When the price of a coin grows 2 or more times, then I sell coins and profits invest in another perspective coin.
copper member
Activity: 109
August 17, 2018, 10:53:05 AM
Depends on your target I must say. 30% isn't really a big deal in Crypto but that might be someone's target.... If it's yours, then fine you can sell probably half like I do when I get to my target.

If you want to hold for long, you might as well just stop checking the percentage increase.
Pages:
Jump to: