Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 15. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
August 14, 2018, 02:35:24 PM
I'm not a greedy person and so if the price of coins has significantly increased, then I sell the coins and wait for the price to fall again.
Activity: 111
Merit: 1
RealtyReturns
August 14, 2018, 08:57:21 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
Well first i will search for the reason of the spike, a new exchange? or something else like famous person shilling it, if i find nothing then i will sell the coin immidiately and keep monitoring the price to buyback or reenter incase it attempts to fly higher. I've done it twice with tron and ripple last year and i get a lot of profit from that.

As a neophyte of this community, it's very nice to have you mate making positive advice and guidance in any possibilities and instances happening here in crypto world for us to have knowledge and to gain more and to became financially free through cryptocurrency.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
August 14, 2018, 08:56:40 AM
There is no great strategy that I am doing. I am just a beginner. I will sell coins that I hold if it has gone up 30%, and if the coins that I have sold the price back down I will buy it again, and make it a long-term investment.
Activity: 994
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
August 14, 2018, 08:53:02 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

I think it's better to do the analysis first before deciding to sell it. But if you are in doubt about the decision you will take, you can sell it partially and hold the rest if you doubt the coin will increase or decrease.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
August 14, 2018, 08:49:11 AM
It depends on my strategy and targets. If the spike strike is my target, I cash out and plan next investing ideas.

It's better for you to have your own target, and most important  thing also is to work on that limit. Following our own calendar of activities is one way of being not tempted if there is a price movement of a certain coin cause there are many factors why the price spike suddenly.
Activity: 266
August 14, 2018, 08:41:28 AM
Most of the time if there is a big rise in the short term, then I would consider selling.
Because the greater the short-term volatility, the greater the chance that it could fall.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
August 14, 2018, 08:35:18 AM
Hold and wait. If the price is good then you sell if it's low you buy. But it reallt depends on how you manage your investments.
You always be in a positive position, when its spike up then better to sell it out and enjoy your earnings when it spike down then do your stop and loss then buy back afterwards, especially when you really believe that the coin you supported have a developing team behind as the downfall is just a temporary act before it will regain and bounce back to another height, always do your research before dealing with your decisions make it much better to assess the value and how will you take the advantages.
Activity: 132
August 14, 2018, 08:34:04 AM
i usualy sell at the top an buy back but my last trades went wrong and i m down like 50% so 30 wont cut it but if it pases 50% i sell . in a bull market i sell only with 50% or bigger profits
August 14, 2018, 08:30:29 AM
Hold and wait. If the price is good then you sell if it's low you buy. But it reallt depends on how you manage your investments.
Activity: 93
August 14, 2018, 08:25:55 AM
Mostly I just sell the coins when I see a spike in the price, then I wait for the price of the coin to go back down, which it will and then buy back into the coin again.
Activity: 770
Merit: 1
August 13, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
if the market is difficult to produce It would be better if I keep quiet and wait for the market to recover to maintain investment value
Activity: 46
August 13, 2018, 08:48:35 PM
Such a decent new when you coin shoots, When it does I offer portion of it, I despise dumping all coins without holding a sum on me. However, I think on the off chance that you needn't bother with cash for anything right then and there, you will keep on holding. Better still you can offer and go buy different altcoins you trust in.
Activity: 35
August 12, 2018, 12:15:50 AM
Follow me In the case where your cryptos have soared, you should calmly analyze and find the cause. If this increase is unusual and there is no apparent cause, then sell the cryptos at the time price is highest. Then wait for the exchange rate to fall back to reinvest or switch to other cryptos.
Activity: 233
August 12, 2018, 12:10:04 AM
It depends on how much quantity I have, I will sell my coins if I have much quantity but only few percent of it and hold the remaining percent. And if it goes down again I will buyback the coins i had sold

Got the same strategy too. i do cut loss when it goes lower and buys back when it pump say 25% or even a half of it. As long as the coin is good and having a good development team, I have a little fear, but if the dev team is unknown them  I am very vigilant about it and I do play safe whenever there is a movement.
August 11, 2018, 11:56:32 PM
What you just said is one of the most common thing a day trader do. Sell when the price goes up then buy back if goes down. I would do the same to earn profit. I am trading to earn profit anyway so why not. I do hold for a long time also but that depends on the coin and how mich I believe in their potential.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
August 11, 2018, 11:50:45 PM
It could be that this second Altcoins that you hold up to the top.
But after a few minutes Altcoins you immediately drop the price to the abyss.

Try to stay grateful because Cryptocurrency is volatile.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
August 10, 2018, 07:33:28 AM
I think when the coins gets its lower market value it is better to hold and do nothing about it and when the market price goes high it is the time to sell your coins to obtain a huge income for your own benefit.
Activity: 105
August 09, 2018, 02:15:07 AM
Well theres no real way to figure if that spike would be only the beginning of a bull rally or only a little pump that will subside. So I don't settle on choices in conditions like these. I generally set the objective offer cost in the wake of purchasing a coin. Along these lines spikes like these don't befuddle me and if my objective cost is come to in that spike than I offer else I don't.
Activity: 205
August 09, 2018, 02:13:16 AM
It depends on how much quantity I have, I will sell my coins if I have much quantity but only few percent of it and hold the remaining percent. And if it goes down again I will buyback the coins i had sold
Activity: 341
Merit: 4
August 09, 2018, 02:07:23 AM
For me, I will keep onhodling the tokens even if it tempts me. because  I know in the future when the price will hike, it will be worth the wait.its better to  be sure than to be late

I think it is better to sell some amount to get our money and we can use it for anything we want. I think it is normal if we sell at that time because we don't want to wait for a longer time and if we can sell it, we can have our money again. this will not just for a coin that can increase higher but for potential coins too so I can increase my money amount.
Pages:
Jump to: