Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 20. (Read 26228 times)

copper member
Activity: 362
Merit: 1
November 30, 2018, 07:21:36 PM
Well doing KYC should depend on you, but passing KYC means you are giving the team your personal information, if anything goes wrong or it get hacked, your personal information could be sold at dark web
KYC gives me pressure because I'm thinking for my money which it can goes to risks because it might loss due to the informations, I'm just hoping that it will not having because this technology is just anonymous here.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
November 30, 2018, 07:01:42 PM
We don't know. Because for me as investor of ICO it's not safe for me because possible they will use our information to other bad activity like if the ICO is scam. But in bounty hunters is possible to become useful because if can prevent bounty hunters join in one bounty.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange
November 30, 2018, 07:01:20 PM
Well doing KYC should depend on you, but passing KYC means you are giving the team your personal information, if anything goes wrong or it get hacked, your personal information could be sold at dark web
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
November 30, 2018, 06:56:30 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

That's the problem with KYC, that many bounty campaigns require KYC to pass only after the end of the bounty campaign, which allows them to save a huge amount of money on those participants who could not get through to KYC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
November 30, 2018, 05:27:14 PM
I try to avoid KYC because I don’t like the fact that I lose my anonymity in crypto. I think this procedure is dangerous.
Activity: 165
Merit: 5
November 30, 2018, 05:26:06 PM
KYC for some projects is mandatory and if you must join, then you must be ready to comply with their terms and conditions. If you are not ready to do any kyc, there are so many projects that will not ask for it. Then that a project is asking you to do kyc, does not mean it is legit or authentic,which mean you must also do research of every project you wish to go with and comply on such.
For me, KYC can lead us to risk with our personal information that they can able to look or get something with our IP address, it's not necessarily that it goods to have KYC because as certain time this technology is decentralzed and we're just anonymous here.
Activity: 420
November 30, 2018, 05:11:02 PM
KYC for some projects is mandatory and if you must join, then you must be ready to comply with their terms and conditions. If you are not ready to do any kyc, there are so many projects that will not ask for it. Then that a project is asking you to do kyc, does not mean it is legit or authentic,which mean you must also do research of every project you wish to go with and comply on such.
Activity: 406
Merit: 0
November 30, 2018, 05:10:22 PM
I think that KYC on the one hand will help in the development of cryptocurrency, there will be more trust due to regulation, and on the other hand, the cryptocurrency will lose its chip
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
November 30, 2018, 05:06:28 PM
Know Your Client gives me nothing in return.

The Team developer will just get my information and copy of MY ID>

KYC is just better for them as they can see people who must not connected to them!

But aside from that nothing more, KYC is not healthy for investors!
Yes, KYC seems to be healthy for investors because we had the issues of data linkage and selling of KYC participant information last year but the only thing I see in KYC is that it the government way of regulating the market/control crypto currency, keeping the market clean of unnecessary transaction. However, I believe the government can still do that with or without the KYC.
Activity: 209
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
November 30, 2018, 04:46:30 PM
I believe that KYC should be passed before the company, so that later there would be no problems. I like that more and more companies are demanding KYC, so bots can be eliminated.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
November 30, 2018, 04:44:35 PM
KYC gives nothing to investor, but it gives ICO campaigns more confident in order to prevent scam situations with stolen money, like offshore.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
November 30, 2018, 04:32:23 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
The reason why ICO projects ask for kyc to avoid multiple accounts and cheaters, but some projects ask for kyc to steal your informations, that is why a lot of people hate kyc because it is risky. Kyc also don't gives you anything you just submit it in exchange for your rewards.
Activity: 602
November 30, 2018, 04:24:53 PM
I don't like KYC for bounty campaign and I think it's absurd to ask for airdrops but unfortunately most of projects now requires KYC so you have to choose: if you won't do KYC you will not receive tokens, on the other side if you do and project reveals a scam you gave your personal data and id to perfect strangers and scammers.... Angry Angry
Activity: 224
Merit: 4
November 30, 2018, 04:23:11 PM
i thojk taht ypu can choose what ege you want ans that is why here is the kingdom of freeedom here and do not worry a lot
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
November 30, 2018, 04:21:26 PM
I still think that it is dangerous to participate in bounty and especially in airdrop companies that require the passage of KYC. But really only some of these projects are scams. Your data can be used by scammers, so you should think carefully before participating in such projects.
Activity: 444
Merit: 101
November 30, 2018, 04:12:01 PM
KYC gives me absolutely nothing.  To my mind, its like a snoopers charter, KYC is like a prying eye and its against the concept of crypto as far as i'm concerned.  The very reason governments and cooperation are lackluster in their acceptance of bitcoin (for example) is because they don't have control.  One way to ensure control is by knowing everyone who is involved in crypto and KYC basically is gathering data to that regard.   Its a one way thing, exchanges/projects get to collect data but the provider gets nothing in return.   I absolutely dislike the idea of KYC in crypto although i accept that we are headed in a 'mandatory KYC' direction for crypto involvement.
Activity: 238
November 30, 2018, 04:04:01 PM
KYC process is required by governments and cryptocurrencies were created to fight with these authorities. Kind of problem right?
Activity: 364
November 30, 2018, 03:57:10 PM
A bit more of security and assurance to bounty hunter after projects are been done with and its also a means to ensuring that everybody gets what belongs to him or her and sorting out those who are scammers
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2018, 03:30:01 PM
Know Your Client gives me nothing in return.

The Team developer will just get my information and copy of MY ID>

KYC is just better for them as they can see people who must not connected to them!

But aside from that nothing more, KYC is not healthy for investors!
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
November 30, 2018, 03:28:03 PM
For me to be honest i dont think KYC is required when it comes in ICOs unless you are a big and trusted project, because i think maybe they will steal your identity.
So many scammers have been stealing the identity from the bounty participants and then they are selling it on the darkweb. This sucks consider there was only less than 5 percent of trusted project. It sounds good but at the same time it can become a boomerang. Will better to put easy KYC verification.

So you propose to introduce verification for network users? I hope that I did not understand you correctly, since I am categorically against the KYC process as I consider this process completely anti-human, as people have the right to anonymity and should have.
Pages:
Jump to: