Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 28. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 730
Merit: 250
July 20, 2018, 11:50:17 AM
From the very beginning I did not treat this procedure very well.But over time, I revised my views.The KYC procedure is very necessary for a legal ICO.In order not to have problems with the law, it is necessary to conduct KYC.This primarily creates security for the team that conducted the ICO.One problem is the scammers.Which under the guise of ICO collect Your data.That's not nice.
Activity: 188
Merit: 0
July 20, 2018, 10:40:23 AM
Kyc is good for investors for them to know who they were doing business with. But most bounty managers have turn this to Borden for we bounty hunters this is not encouraging. Kyc gives me problem as far as I'm bounty hunters
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 20, 2018, 08:50:59 AM
I think KYC as a tool to find out who is a participant of the investor because I see some ico that there usually has a ban of participants from certain countries so that with the founder KYC ico can know all the investors.
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
July 20, 2018, 08:08:04 AM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

As I understand it, and I know they do KYC in order to avoid fraud on the part of hunters generosity. There are a lot of multiaccounts and therefore many bounty companies take such actions. In terms of whether it's safe. It is difficult to say, you send them your copies of documents ((((((so you need to think.....
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 19, 2018, 06:23:30 PM
KYC is mostly needed for legal reasons by ICOs. Governments wants KYC from icos to to block money laundering. Also kyc is needed for detect multi participants.
I also support the implementation of KYC in ICO investment because it helps to limit the scammers and limit the dominance of wealthy investors who want to buy the coin in huge quantities to be able to navigate it. when trade. The implementation of KYC in ICO projects is being used more in the cryptocurrency market in the past.
not only in the past and in the present and will be used in the future too. Especially if many countries legalize the crypto currency, the provision of personal data will be the number one rule for all users of crypto currency.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 674
July 19, 2018, 06:19:32 PM
Am I think that crypto isn't be longer anonymous anymore since mostly ICO's requires us to submit our real identity. Though it help to find double entry from bounty, but literally it will ruin the concept of crypto from being anonymous. May KYC is very important for investors but not for bounty participants.
Activity: 308
July 19, 2018, 05:58:37 PM
KYC is mostly needed for legal reasons by ICOs. Governments wants KYC from icos to to block money laundering. Also kyc is needed for detect multi participants.
I also support the implementation of KYC in ICO investment because it helps to limit the scammers and limit the dominance of wealthy investors who want to buy the coin in huge quantities to be able to navigate it. when trade. The implementation of KYC in ICO projects is being used more in the cryptocurrency market in the past.
Activity: 196
July 19, 2018, 04:42:19 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
You are giving some personal information and photo of your ID card/passport for KYC. There is always danger of hackers getting this information.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 03:31:38 PM
KYC is like you are giving your personal information to the people of the compaigns you are interested in and if you are involving in the token sale or crowd sale then almost all the bounties need KYC to confirm the identity of the participant or investors.

Some this step is must in some compaigns but in some compaigns this step is not needed. So do not worry if they asked just check that they are scammers and fill the KYC form and i think they can do any think with that information.
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
July 19, 2018, 03:11:59 PM
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
July 18, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

Some KYC in airdrops or bounties is one way to avoid cheaters and giving them your identity is a must but If I want to see a bounty that required a KYC I refused to join because I am afraid my details will be used in crime. Join other campaign instead of participating to it .
Is a must? No it isnt and i dont see a valid reason why those projects would able to allow or imply KYC proceedings even just into their own or part of marketing like on airdrops and bounties. Just like yours i do simply skip
into those projects that do required KYC. I cant afford to risk out my identity or my informations for the sake of getting of my tokens. You wont even be sure if those coins would give you some decent profits or not. What if it turn out to be scam on the end? you are indeed on double trouble not only not recieving tokens you do also give out your info.
Activity: 196
July 18, 2018, 03:50:54 PM
I dont like to provide my personal details for an unknown 3rd party as KYC. When i was a fresher to bounties, I did not care about KYC and joined every campaign and submit KYC when they are needed. But now i realize providing KYC is not healthy for us. Bounty managers expect to make KYc to identify every user uniquely but as far as I feel that thing is not a successful one
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
July 18, 2018, 03:31:36 PM

Some KYC in airdrops or bounties is one way to avoid cheaters and giving them your identity is a must but If I want to see a bounty that required a KYC I refused to join because I am afraid my details will be used in crime. Join other campaign instead of participating to it .
Activity: 280
July 18, 2018, 02:12:06 PM
Now there is a trend that many ICO projects require not only from investors, but also from bounty hunters to pass the KYC procedure. Personally, I have a negative attitude to this requirement, because there is no guarantee that my personal data will not fall into the hands of criminals.
Activity: 368
July 18, 2018, 12:44:31 PM
Usually KYC in the bounty is introduced in order to cut out the cultivation and increase the rewards for real participants. This is quite the right decision, although not always valid.
Activity: 110
July 18, 2018, 05:10:35 AM
Nobody is happy to share any personal data and the companies are well aware of that and try avoiding it in most cases. But sometimes it's just mandatory and cannot be ignored due to the country's law issues and supposed to protect the company as well. Try reading project's legal docs (like Privacy Policy), this is not the most exciting read but will paint a better picture.
Activity: 471
July 18, 2018, 01:47:29 AM
I think KYC should only be given specially to the investor alone because usually in every ico has a state ban for investors so with the founder ic kyc can know which countries are the investors.
Activity: 240
July 18, 2018, 12:40:59 AM
Is just to catch money launderers these individuals must always interact with legitimate financial institutions like banks and credit unions in order to clear their funds. On the other end of the spectrum, financial institutions have to rely on info they have gathered, and a system of various procedures, to counter such activities. This system of procedures aimed at identifying a customer is referred to as KYC.
Activity: 22
July 18, 2018, 12:08:43 AM
I try to avoid it as much as I can. No KYC when it not important.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 457
July 18, 2018, 12:06:03 AM
Idk, never join and will join in any of bounty which required to do KYC. They are only want our personal data which we don't know what they will do with those
That is also what I sometimes fear from the use of this kyc system is the fear of our data in use for their benefit without our knowledge and it will be dangerous for us but those who profit maybe we should be more careful with the airdrop requesting verification kyc or should we avoid it.
Pages:
Jump to: