Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 31. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 0
July 05, 2018, 12:23:32 PM
KYC requests are very burdensome to everyone, because there is no guarantee for the confidentiality of someone's personal data, I myself do not follow the project asking for KYC.
Activity: 238
July 05, 2018, 12:01:08 PM
Hello friend. Kyc or not depend on the bounty manager. Some campaigns require bounty to limit the people who join multi accounts. It means that 1 person only be accepted 1 account. This rule help us to earn more rewards from the bounty. Good luck
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
July 05, 2018, 11:24:00 AM

There are just some ICO that prohibit some countries to participate in investment because their country does welcome such Like china for example. Its pointless though because even with such prohibition if a user is determined to buy a token he can do it with the help of proxies and fake his IP. Or the better thing to do is to do it just buy on exchanges. But what KYC give me is the heart attack. Let say for example you just invest  few ETH and in exchange of that your life now depend to them.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
July 05, 2018, 11:18:03 AM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
\
KYC = KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER
BOUNTY- it is okay to do it in bounty for you to get your payment, as long as the investors are doing the same thing.
AIRDROP- there are too many airdrops and airdrops is 90% low value, if you do KYC you might be in trouble. coz there is a lot scam airdrop.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 101
July 05, 2018, 09:09:52 AM
For bounty applicants it gives a filter against farming and bots accounts. For airdrop - I haven't come across these actions and if an airdrop required me to share my data I'll move on certainly.
Activity: 196
July 05, 2018, 08:44:52 AM
I never want to give my KYC data, because I am afraid one day my data is sold or used to deceive others. I would rather leave the bounty / airdrop if they ask for KYC Grin
Activity: 4
July 05, 2018, 08:36:29 AM
In my opinion, kyc is very important for the campaign participants, it will expose your personal identity. Actually I joined a campaign that needed KYC and I only knew that it was necessary KYC in the middle of a campaign .... I really do not know if I filed a KYC for a reward but I feel sorry if I can not get rewards for work my hard. really I hope it's okay if I do it and they will keep my identity secret and will not be used on bad things.
Activity: 46
July 05, 2018, 01:48:48 AM
I rarely participate in KYC airdrops. I hate that. They don't have the right to collect our information. If there is a loophole in the project's supervision, it will reveal all our information. So, I don't agree with KYC.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 12:54:11 AM
It's OK KYC for me to required because KYC is no big deal, its just updation of latest address , your account no and other personal details will get updated, that is it. Thank you.
Activity: 112
July 04, 2018, 09:13:47 PM
Because of the dumpers because of fake and farming account.
Activity: 38
July 04, 2018, 01:03:31 PM
I don't  see why KYC is needed for bounty because it is to the advantage of any project if a user promote them on more than one account. The only reason I can think of why a project will need KYC is when preventing the citizens of countries where they ban BTC from registering.
Activity: 202
Merit: 101
EN/ITA/RO translator, 24 yrs of exp., SDL Prof.
July 04, 2018, 12:42:17 PM
As a principle, I refuse to join projects requiring KYC, and this for a simple reason: the data collected can be used by the collector to conspire against the source of these data.
Activity: 118
July 04, 2018, 10:21:00 AM
yes most likely the negative impact of personal data that is given in use for things that are not true
yes it is very creepy, hopefully kyc done for a good thing so there will be no adverse effects that, after the kyc is done.
Activity: 121
July 04, 2018, 08:35:51 AM
At the moment there are so many bounty campaigns require KYC and you need to do KYC if you wanna receive token. I think it's a little bit inconvenient but I think it's a must to fight against cheater whom often join more than 1 account in each bounty campaign. Beside I'll be fine if you do KYC for a trustworthy bounty but if it's not so your documents will be sold on dark market very soon.

Okay and what's next? Do you think it's so damn hard stealing your documents that sometimes can be sold even by your government? Or what are your documents gives to a "buyer"? He can do nothing except printing them and putting instead of a picture on the wall
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
July 04, 2018, 08:15:37 AM
At the moment there are so many bounty campaigns require KYC and you need to do KYC if you wanna receive token. I think it's a little bit inconvenient but I think it's a must to fight against cheater whom often join more than 1 account in each bounty campaign. Beside I'll be fine if you do KYC for a trustworthy bounty but if it's not so your documents will be sold on dark market very soon.
Activity: 567
July 04, 2018, 07:20:33 AM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
KYC is a decision in the world of crypto.to overcome some existing fraud, with this expected no political money collected in a few people only.
if this is good, let's support.
Activity: 210
July 04, 2018, 07:18:56 AM
It's to protect contributors and clients is a priority, it helps to deal with multi-accounts and protects against scammers, as it is sometimes required by law... In KYC you are required to confirm your phone number, identity by submitting your personal documents. This is all done in view to ensure safe cryptocurrencies transactions. This is my opinion, i think it should be need.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
July 04, 2018, 06:49:48 AM
I consider the presence of KYC as a positive moment in the company's bounty, since it will remove the owners of many accounts!
Activity: 392
July 04, 2018, 06:13:41 AM
KYC leads you to expose your personal details to the market, which I do not see it right when it comes to campaigns and airdrops because people are here for marketing and not for the actual sale purchase. Here we can find many scam companies who are just fooling people with their time and no tokens in return and am afraid that the scammed companies will be having the personal information which is not beneficial for the person. So it's better if we do not invest in the airdrop and token companies who ask for the KYC just to be on the safer side.
Activity: 266
June 19, 2018, 05:41:42 PM
This is a very interesting topic. To do or not KYC? Initially, all of the cryptocurrencies were anonymous. Now more and more projects are doing KYC. In some cases, this is required by the laws of the state where the company is registered. Sometimes scammers collect data.
Pages:
Jump to: