Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 14. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0
Why make such a scary topic? Not only will Bitcoin disappear, so will everything internet-related like Facebook, YouTube, our beloved Online games.  Cry May such a horrid thing never happen in my lifetime.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Like someone said on this thread, if internet goes down, the thing that it will worry the most wont be bitcoin.
Everything you do nowadays is used in the internet.
Cash? what cash if you cant get any from the ATMs? (yeah... Internet is a b**ch)
Cars? They do need gas... and when gas foes out? ou do they get new gas, shout? Phone... once again, without internet todays phones are useless(yeah... internet is a bi**h)
And could go on... and on... and on...
Activity: 524
Merit: 100
io.ezystayz.com
If the internet goes down bitcoin will become useless because first of all bitcoin is made up with internet without it, bitcoin will nothing and also all cryprocurrencies.
Activity: 21
I think it is impossible.how can internet goes down,mobiles also never go down.bitcoin and internet are always fine.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
If the internet stops working, then Bitcoin will also disappear is if it never existed. Without the internet, Bitcoin is nothing. But at this day and age, the internet is everything though.
Definitely if the internet goes down bitcoin I guess will be useless too because internet is the only way to get access on it and at the same time it is the only means to get in touch with bitcoin. And if it is happen I would probably be feel sad about it because I know I will get loss one of my source of income and my investments too.
Activity: 70
Then all our coins will be practically useless. Unless we create an alternative to the internet. But I think the internet will never go out.
Activity: 30
If it does happen then bitcoin will turn to cash and we continue to use it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
I think that the Internet is almost impossible to disappear, it has become a part of our life, people can not do without the Internet, if the Internet disappeared, so there is no currency hope your idea will never happen
Activity: 420
Maybe bitcoin will die if internet goes down because bitcoin is internet dipendent we cannot use bitcoin without internet. But in the future if they make a real currency for bitcoin maybe it will not affect bitcoin when no internet.
Activity: 104
If the internet stops working, then Bitcoin will also disappear is if it never existed. Without the internet, Bitcoin is nothing. But at this day and age, the internet is everything though.
Activity: 53
If something like that happens, then you will need to use your fiat currency or gold or any other precious metals. I don't even think about this scenario. It's too far away, if ever.
I think so, that kind of chance is too small.
Activity: 322
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If the internet connection will be down there are no chances we can transact bitcoins anymore because it needs an internet connection even an offline wallet need and internet connection if you are gonna use it. And not kust bitcoins but all the files that are saved in the internet because in the modern days all the files of the people are now been saved in the cloud in the internet and how can they access it if the internet is down anymore. So gor me it is impossible to down the internet connection in this period of time chaos will happen.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Its a sad thing to think..if the internet goes down i guess the developer of all cryptos find their ways to settle that problem but i think by now they find solution if that thing would happen. Bitcoin will be stop for a days but surely it will rise again and rule the crypyo world.
Activity: 16
if the internet goes down, how can we mine or trade bitcoin? the answer is you can't. no internet it's mean no bitcoin too.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
Thats the only way for governments to block crypocurrencies as they dont have any physical form of usage and its the only negative point of Bitcoin. I guess we have to find a way to bypass this problem in the long run.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
If internet goes down, then probably the people will experience the drawback of bitcoin because without internet, you can not transact bitcoin because the blockchain runs in the internet protocol. That's one of the disadvantages bitcoin has and the rest of the crypto currencies.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If it does happen maybe some company will try to build and underground computer something that would actually work when there is a war above ground.
Activity: 489
Merit: 250

It would be a great problem. But if it happens tjay internet goes down, bitcoin will not work and even other cryptocurrencies. As we all know, bitcoin works through the use of internet and if we don't have such then bitcoin will surely stop. But I think it won't happen, surely it will find a way to have it so nothing to worry because we are also in modern age now.
Activity: 238
Merit: 57
Well very good question. That what will happen if access of internet goes down.?
If access of internet goes down then the whole network of crypto currency will goes down not only BTC. Because crypto currency is leave due to access of internet. And i think crypto currency also need some back so that if there is any issue came in internet down then people can use other way to access crypto currency.
But i think it is not possible that whole world internet will down at a time because not only crypto but there are large number of other sources leaving due to Internet access.
Activity: 16
if the internet goes down, i think bitcoin should be down too (because bitcoin is virtual coin). unless bitcoin turns into company stock. Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: