Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 16. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
the correction of bitcoin up, if he took it at the highest level
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

Heyy, if internet is erased from this world, bitcoin network will down. Every bitcoin transaction is processed by miner using their hashpower in the world network. If internet down, the network of miner is down too, then there is no process for bitcoin transactions. So maybe till now, there is no other way than internet, that used for connecting the blockchains and the miner's network.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 100
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
No Internet no online currency no bitcoin. Skeletal is the backbone of body as the same way internet is the backbone of bitcoin. No Internet connection no Bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Merit: 101

Well, my partner will benefit whatever happens. She knows all my accounts passwords and wallets. I did that just to be sure that no matter what happens, I can still secure and sustain her life even without my presence. If a person dies and if even a single person doesn't know any of his accounts, his money will just hang for nothing.
Activity: 163
Merit: 0
The Internet crashes? This is really an unimaginable thing. The world is now inseparable from the Internet. The collapse of the Internet may be the breakdown of human order. Of course, the bitcoin will not exist. The existence of bitcoin is based on the Internet. It is not separable.
Activity: 210
Once internet goes down bitcoin become useless.We can not do anything related to bitcoin if internet goes down.Because internet is the important requirement to access in bitcoin.And not only bitcoin will affected once internet goes down also the bank.Nowadays everything is depend on internet.But internet going down is impossible because people will do everything they can so that internet will not go down because we need this everyday and  we cannot live without it now
Activity: 322
homt.net
Nowadays everything is depend on internet. Maybe people will try hard if there is something happen bad with internet, especially the users of bitcoin. Because internet is a main thing for bitcoin. We can not do anything related to bitcoin if internet goes down.
Activity: 179
I think the chances of internet going down is impossible because people will do everything they can so that internet will not go down because believe it or not we cannot live without it now but if ever internet goes down it would be a disaster because all icos will shutdown and many more and thus the bitcoin will be do e for good its value will dramatically decrease.
Activity: 221

If internet goes down bitcoin as well will go down. Well this bitcoin is a digital currency and it runs all over the world with the help of internet. if there's no internet theres no way we can earn sell and buy bitcoin.
Activity: 336

I think that bitcoin will be lost when the internet does not have enough data to be bitcoin, so internet is a huge loss to us without it. where we have more money in life.
Activity: 59
No transactions could ever be made so basically whatever amount of BTC you hold whether on a hardware or electronic wallet will be useless due to the incapacity of purchase stuff with it
Activity: 266
If the internet falls then bitcoin will have no value, so does altcoin. Therefore we must anticipate by investing elsewhere, such as gold investment, land properties and profitable investments.
Activity: 420
which will happen to bitcoin, Without internet, bitcoin buyers and sellers can not connect to trade with each other and this will dramatically affect the bitcoin price negatively...
Activity: 347

I think bitcion will gone if the internet goes down. Some others said that next year bitcoin has a satellite but it can affect the price of it so the price of it will be down but for me there's a possibility that bitcoin can gone even if have a satellite because how they can communicate or how they can do the process without internet.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250

Bitcoin next year already has satellites but if the world economy is in chaos it is not impossible that bitcoin will also be affected. the price will also decrease even back to the original not worth it
Activity: 210
according to me if the internet goes down bitcoin would be wiped out and not a trace of it would be left.
internet is the basic requirement for any crypto currency.
what good is food if you cant eat it?what good is money if you cant spend it?
if we give you a thousand bitcoins and tell you that you are not allowed to do any transactions,what good is it?
as simple as that
Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

If the internet goes down, for sure bitcoin will no longer be useful it will be useless. But in my perception internet will not goes down. We know the edge of having an internet nowadays.

The thread starter is asking a question he definitely know the answer. You only need common sense to be able to understand this, absolutely there will be no transactions if the internet goes down and got rekt. Grin It's the same with this forum you can't post on this forum when there is no internet. Roll Eyes
Activity: 257
if there is no internet connection or goes down the bitcoin is useless, because the bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency that needs internet connection. If there is no internet we can not cash-out,we ca not cash-in, the cryptocurrency will not run without internet connection.
Activity: 89
If it shuts down and never comes back, yes bitcoin is dead, but we’ve got bigger problems than bitcoin.

If it shuts down but the internet is quickly restored, miners would probably reconnect and start up where they left off. Any smaller forks would drop out in favour of the greater good and bitcoin would be quickly back up and running. Worst case scenario something goes haywire and there would be an agreement to use a new version starting back where the pre shut down left off. Again people would readily accept this for the greater good of restoring the network quickly. It would be pretty fast. No changes required, just roll back the clock a bit to undo anything bad that happened when the power came back on.
Activity: 14
If the internet goes down then you can not have or will lose an access to bitcoin. Internet is like the life of bitcoin. Without it, it may not be useful.
Pages:
Jump to: