Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 10. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
As far as cryptocurrency is concern, the internet plays a major role for transactions. There is absolutely no two ways about it, when internet goes down, bitcoin tend to go down as well. As a result of the internet failure, bitcoin transactions would become frustrated.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
Bitcoin would still be bitcoin if the Internet shuts down. Though The Transactions, mining and etc. would be greatly affected since this industry depends on the internet alone it will freeze every transaction and any crypto related activities will stop. Hence if the internet really shuts down, then not only this industry will be affected but almost every businesses, the stock market, automated factories and etc. will definitely suffer too.

In addition, if this literally happens even in a short period of time then this would be a major loss for the whole community.

It might be useless but I think our governemnt will have a solutions for that.

Just to give you an idea, Not all government or country accepts nor prohibit Bitcoin in general. It is useless indeed, but some of this government would literally solve the issues on the internet but for the countries that Ban or prohibited its people to engage in Bitcoin then nothing will change (their only concern is the internet).
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
The first and biggest problem is that your Bitcoin mining process will be affected.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 418
Merit: 10
"simply getting the job done"
Bitcoin is the digital currency, and we know it. Of course all BTC activities are done using the internet network, from start mining, trading, investment, and join in this forum. So, if the internet goes down I make sure there is no activity on BTC and other altcoins. Or maybe there is a new step from BTC in responding to the internet down.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
Then it would be the time or probably the chance of bitcoin to face the end. Well, hundred no, thousands of people will get affected badly of it especially for the people who really much depend on bitcoin for their daily living since bitcoin really gives and supports us for us to provides our basic needs like clothing, foods and the monthly payment which is very heavy for people who does not have a stable income or permanent job. Also, the improvements will be in waste if internet would go down. Since, internet can only work with the use of internet. Not only for bitcoin but for the people who work together with a use of an internet like an Information Technology related jobs.
Activity: 147
Merit: 17
If things go wrong on the Internet, I think it's more than just bitcoin, but more important things, and I feel like the world is paralyzed without the Internet.
Activity: 210

Everything can happen in the future and we can only assume what the future will bring for us. If the situation with the Bitcoin vanishing would realize itself it would only last for while like you stated but this short term of internet shortage could mean a big fail in the value of the Bitcoin and when Bitcoin would recover there would be some huge consequences for the holders of the Bitcoin. Bitcoin would lose its value a lot and nothing would ever bee the same because the investors would lose the faith and their fears would be connected with the possible bad outcomes of the future Bitcoin progress.

This is good explanation. I agree all what you say here everything can be happen and nothing will never happen so we have to be aware about everything. Short term shut down of internet can make big affect to bitcoin itself and its also true since people will just panic to think about their asset.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
if the internet goes down it will disrupt all systems across the country and not just in bitcoin but all systems that use the internet, we can not access bitcoin and can not do transactions so that will hurt many people.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
In reality what if the internet goes down what would happen in bitcoin I think it  takes a month or a year before we move on to take back the internet or maybe somehow somewhere there could be  a possible that our country would do a solutions in other way to get back using bitcoin.It might be useless but I think our governemnt will have a solutions for that.
Activity: 168
The question is if that happens and let’s face it, the chances of it happening are not much. However, if the internet goes down for some time then BTC will be considered useless because there will be no mining etc.
Activity: 246
Merit: 13
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
I am pretty sure that if there's a will, there's a way. Yeah people who are using bitcoin will find a way to transact with each other. Maybe a face to face trading using a Bluetooth or a hotspot to transact. Maybe using codes like what we used in out phone. Maybe through mobile phones then send each other to trade bitcoin or to transact bitcoin with each other. Maybe a peer to peer connection to exchange bitcoin. There is a lots of possible way if you really like to transact. We are now in the digital age and never let your mind to be occupied by limited resources.
Activity: 112
What happen to bitcoin if internet goes down? That means there won't be accessed to any information from the net from anybody. All the social medias will b down to nothing there4 there wouldn't be internet connection and communication. On this note of mine no internet no BITCOINTALK. Thankz
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Given that scenario bitcoin will be useless, no transaction to be made and if it really happen we will be depending on cash. Since bitcoin depends on internet all of it's transaction will goes down also. But I don't think and hoping that it will not happen even in the future. We are doom but hoping that when the internet come back our wallet is still intact and safe. Let just pray it will never happen, because no internet no bitcoin that's the saddest part of it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
If internet goes down, bitcoin will automatically used less. because bitcoin is only run by the access of the internet, but of course once this happened, all we need to do is to store our bitcoin in to offline wallet and wait till the internet back again. if there is no internet, there is no bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Without internet connection all transactions, trading and exchanges would not be carried out. It would all stop without the availability of internet. Since all of that depends on the internet. 
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
Of course, bitcoin will start to become extinct because the only one to access bitcoin ie the internet is not just bitcoin but all digital services in the world that use the internet as access will be stalled and maybe many digital companies will go bankrupt. Hopefully, this does not happen in the future, because I am not satisfied to enjoy the development of this bitcoin.
Activity: 378
If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. But I doubt that the internet will ever go down, as in like fully shutdown across the whole world.

Obviously you cant do anything about your coins if the internet will go down because cryptocurrency is being runned by the internet, but you do not need to worry since internet today is becoming more successful and the bill monthly is very cheap so there is no need to worry about that and focus on working on bounty campaigns to earn more fiat.
Activity: 462
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

This is one of the limitations of bitcoin. Bitcoin will not be accessible without the internet, so a lot of people would lose their money. This will be a complete chaos because a lot of funds are stored in bitcoin. Once, it is inaccessible, people will lose their long stored money.
Activity: 18
Probably if the internet goes down its the end of the world,many businesses and industries are depending in the internet,governments are also using internet,if that happens global and economic problems will occur,BTC is the least we should worry about in that times.
Activity: 448
If internet goes down then bitcoin transaction totally stop.Because bitcoin run always with internet.There is no ways to use bitcoin without internet.Bitcoin use online wallet.Moreover If all world destroy then no need our dollar,euro or bitcoin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: