Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 17. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
no way that happens  Grin
In my opinion, bitcoin will be also go down if the internet will goes down, why? Bitcoin will be goes down or will died without internet, because internet is the life of bitcoin and particulary all of our wallet will also needs an internet.
Activity: 112
Merit: 17
You need to gain idea on Blockstream Satellite. There are few satellites launched to allow people who do not have any access to internet. Yet with the use Blockstream Satellite they can exchange bitcoins, which does not need the access to internet.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
If internet goes down, then  btc could not work. As it is  easy to see, internet is a key requirement  for the network operation.
thats true because bitcoin is dependent on the internet and it is vital for it to get to internet connection if we want bitcoin to exist
Activity: 1008
Merit: 540
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

What is cayos all about ? thats weird i just heard or read it here , well internet will never be down like those website are down internet is popular and it all over the world we can't just lost our internet connect it would happen when zoombie happens to use it would probably kill all.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
Bitcoin would be inaccessible together with all the other data that the Internet holds. Bitcoin is based on blockchain and blockchain needs the Internet to function. Without the Internet, there'll be zero transactions. But when the Internet goes back, our Bitcoins will be there as if nothing happened unless the whole internet data gets wiped out.
the blockchain is not just only online and diapers. every miner and full node have a copy of it on there computer. so every one of these would need to get unusable for the blockchain to be destroyed.
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
Bitcoin would be inaccessible together with all the other data that the Internet holds. Bitcoin is based on blockchain and blockchain needs the Internet to function. Without the Internet, there'll be zero transactions. But when the Internet goes back, our Bitcoins will be there as if nothing happened unless the whole internet data gets wiped out.
Activity: 1092
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If the internet goes down, for sure bitcoin will no longer be useful it will be useless. But in my perception internet will not goes down. We know the edge of having an internet nowadays.
Activity: 364
if internet goes down the bitcoin will also go down that is the big downside of the bitcoin, I think if it will be a long time the bitcoin will get destroyed by it.
Of course I do not see this happen but if it will it can disappear.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
If we lose the internet may well be in vain because bitcoin is not available yet . Because we all know that the internet only works bitcoin . Internet and we just depend on us to acquire and accumulate bitcoin . But if the internet shotdown not we use more of our gadgets for us to claim bitcoin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
If internet goes down, then  btc could not work. As it is  easy to see, internet is a key requirement  for the network operation.
is internet really a requirement? miner could still mine blocks and transaction could be prepared and singed and once the internet is good to go there would be a delay but bitcoin could continue. also we only need a network. so we could just hook up some computers and run it offline.
Activity: 259

If internet goes down, then  btc could not work. As it is  easy to see, internet is a key requirement  for the network operation.
Activity: 756
That is one reason to keep your coins in a hardware wallet so when the internet does eventually come back then you don't have to worry about where they have been because they are stored right on your device and not in some web wallet. Smiley
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
If the internet goes down then I guess this would be the end of bitcoins as we know it, Even if it remains as a post-apocalyptic currency then it would be exchanged in paper or USB wallets  Grin , I doubt the internet is going down worldwide at the current time though.
Activity: 476
Everyone would still be having a copy of the code so when the internet goes back, there should be no problem.
But if you mean that the internet goes down for good, well, bitcoin should not be the first thing we must think about right?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
One interesting thing for Bitcoin would be a very brief moment at the start up where the big boy mining farms and the heavy duty ASIC's would be highly boosted in their power versus the little guys.  It would be like a foot race between an Olympic runner and a normal guy and they both start at the same place at the same time.  But, given a little time the system and the world would get it back together.
Activity: 798
I owned a call center about ten years back and when I would open the office in the morning, I had to turn on the 100+ PC's in batches of ten.  I could not get it through the night managers head that the PC's running all night was not a high cost issue.  The issue was that they all ran Windows XP clients that all connected and used two central Windows Servers.  100 computers hitting the servers at the same time with start up requests would either crash it within a minute or so or the start up would take almost thirty minutes.  The internet going down is not the issue, it is the internet coming back on that would be the problem.  Phones, PC's, routers, all trying to hit servers that may or may not have booted quicker. 
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

Will we even survive after a nuclear war? satellite internet might work for those who survive lol
Yeah, that's the main question, are we going to survive after nuclear war? If internet goes down so we won't be able to use it since bitcoin has no physical form. We will just use fiat money or gold, like they said if nuclear war happen we have bigger problems to solve, no electricity, no internet, no food (nuclear radiation contaminated).
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
if internet goes down, bitcoin will die.
all we can do is repair the satelite together.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
DREAMS ONLINE
[quote author=cryptolives link=topic=1288785.msg13242448#msg13242448 date=145008328

t
[/quote]
just wait & see.In money markets  natural up downs  are quite considerable we must have patient . Concentrate to earn bitcoins from other sources like surveys or affiliates mkt.
Activity: 882

i think it can't be the same. , but if it would be than there will be no effect at the price of btc . everything will goes remain contant because no one will use btc , no transaction will occur .
Pages:
Jump to: