Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 19. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If internet goes down, bitcoin will be dead. Because internet is the main access and if no internet, there is no access to bitcoin. Maybe bitcoin will be dead and it will be a chaos around the world.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Theres a good chance of that happening but, I hope not. Anyway, bitcoin would be completely unusable obviously since we need internet when sending/receiving bitcoins.
what you mean with a good chance to happen even though internet dead for a few days or a few months will not make an impact on the price of bitcoin since no activity in exchange.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Theres a good chance of that happening but, I hope not. Anyway, bitcoin would be completely unusable obviously since we need internet when sending/receiving bitcoins.
Activity: 1022
The blockchain should be intact unless there was a worldwide outage that affected the internet. If that happened, it's possible that the blockchain would be lost, but there would be many other things lost as well.

Don't worry that will never happen, internet may go down for few hours but disappearing permanently is never gonna happen, so relax and keep on earning bitcoins.

What do you mean sir, that we don't need to about it? You mean its only normal if the internet goes down because it will only take few hours gone then it will normally be back again, therefore that's too impossible to be happen that internet disappear permanently.
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000
you can't send bitcoin to people if internet goes down
because the system of bitcoin is always need an internet connection
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
The blockchain should be intact unless there was a worldwide outage that affected the internet. If that happened, it's possible that the blockchain would be lost, but there would be many other things lost as well.
of course because bitcoin system and all transactions can only be done using the Internet. I can not imagine if the internet is down and I'm sure everyone will be confused

And then we'd be back again to fiat?
Crypto of course rely to the internet to perform peer to peer that's why we call this to be DAO which literally just mean a network of computers talking each other. Without the internet that allows us to do it, it will be a failure.
Activity: 420
of course because bitcoin system and all transactions can only be done using the Internet. I can not imagine if the internet is down and I'm sure everyone will be confused
Activity: 574
Id the internet went down ? why would this happen ? there are dozens of companies that works only online and their market value is more than all the bitcoin that has ever exist. so those companies won't let something like this to happen
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598

Don't worry that will never happen, internet may go down for few hours but disappearing permanently is never gonna happen, so relax and keep on earning bitcoins.

What about a global conflict? What about the collapse of the system caused by who knows what..? Nobody will pay for Internet. Therefore, nobody will have it. That means the end of BTC as we know it.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102

Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 924
bitcoin is depend on internet if internet goes down bitcoin will be also does down because there is all people are using bitcoin through internet and if internet goes down we can not be able to trade bitcoin.

Yes bitcoin is totally dependent on internet, if internet disappears then surely bitcoin will also follow the same footsteps but those things are unlikely to happen in future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
bitcoin is depend on internet if internet goes down bitcoin will be also does down because there is all people are using bitcoin through internet and if internet goes down we can not be able to trade bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1204
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If the internet goes down then the 'internet' will be transformed to LAN or/and to MAN(metropolitan area network, smaller than WAN).
And bitcoin would be hard to be operate because there are required the nodes, miners to confirm that transaction so I think bitcoin popularity will decrease too low.
Activity: 742
Hire me for your campaign management.
Basically if the internet goes down bit coin goes down. As far as i know bitcoin fully relies on internet so there's that. If you are talking about just down for a few weeks then probably bitcoin would get worthless again after that but might rise.

But I don't think that internet will ever go down, as almost all companies, businesses and individuals are dependent on internet and in future we will see more advancements in internet features.

It is possible that internet will crash if the satellites will be destroyed or there will be a huge war and all telecommunication lines including internet will go offline. That also may be the case of bitcoin, without the internet bitcoin will become  a waste. But it is far from reality at this moment s there is no need to worry.

You are right the world is now going towards peace, and every issue is solved without any fight, so we do not have to worry about that internet will go down because of any hard destruction and we will lose bitcoin.
Activity: 534
It won't go down until everybody is fully integrated with IoT microchipping!
Then when everyone is connected online in the cloud like the Borg Collective, somebody will shut down the internet and you will all run around like headless chickens!

LOL!!! Grin
Activity: 924
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If internet goes down, Honestly, It will be goodbye to all of us we bitcoin believer are gonna be frustrated if this things happen. I guess its only a discussion not happen in real.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Bitcoin transactions, mining, and other bitcoin activities are linked and processed online through the internet. Without the internet people cannot use, buy and sell bitcoins. In short it will be the end of bitcoins. Fiat currency is declared the winner and will be used for generations. Saying goodbye to internet is saying goodbye to bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency economy.

Well if that really happen it will gonna be the saddest part to all bitcoin enthusiast including myself that all my dreams will totally affected and all believing of mine in bitcoin will also be shutdown. Oh my! I wish it will not be happen..

No worries, such a scenario will not happen in the current modern time. Internet going down is definitely possible, but more on a very small scale and just temporarily. Bitcoin miners and nodes are nicely spread around the world to keep everything running nice and smooth even when a certain country gets problems with their internet.
Activity: 1022

If that happen I think that will be a big problem of bitcoin, also for the bitcoin community also. I think bitcoin must study about connecting it in offline store so that even internet goes down bitcoin will continually exist and be usefull to any bitcoin user's.
Activity: 406
Nothing, cause internet can't litterally go down, at my opinion somewhere internet will be anyway, and data is always saving on different devices.
Pages:
Jump to: