Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 26. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If this scenario happens,all the online money like paypal funds,skrill,payza,etc... that are not withdrawn are

gone.All the bitcoins in online wallets will be lost.Bitcoins in PC wallets might be preserved until the internet is

restored.
Oh, it will be preserved.

There are multiple nuclear-protected datacenters that keep a copy of the blockchain. I forgot what they were, but you can Google them.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
From what I know as long as you've got your secret phrase it doesn't matter you can restore wallet from anywhere.

So even if internet goes down... Well anytime it goes back you can check your wallet ^^
Yeah thats correct as long as you have the secret phrase to your wallet your coins are safe but if internet goes down well all transactions, confirmations are useless and even bitcoin become useles because everything happens online needs internet, obviously.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
From what I know as long as you've got your secret phrase it doesn't matter you can restore wallet from anywhere.

So even if internet goes down... Well anytime it goes back you can check your wallet ^^
Activity: 336
if the internet goes down .  bitcoin forum or thread is pretty affected   because if you use bitcoin you need more andmore internet connection  to use it  ..
Yes very affected because you can not access online and all online transactions will be disappear and all of us will do manual transaction even in the banks.
I think we cant use bank too, cause their system will go offline and we dont know about our money
We will go in the years without internet, using gold and silver as currency.
Activity: 406
if the internet goes down .  bitcoin forum or thread is pretty affected   because if you use bitcoin you need more andmore internet connection  to use it  ..
Yes very affected because you can not access online and all online transactions will be disappear and all of us will do manual transaction even in the banks. And i think this are not gonna be happen instead all ISP is upgrading their services in their client because we are now facing to be digital in near future all of our transaction made in online that is why internet connection is the key for the transactions. And bitcoin community not to worry because internet is always there and it will not go down.
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
If there was no internet, there would be no bitcoin or emails or twitter, etc. Of course it would have to be a catastrophic world event for the internet to disappear and I think we would have more to worry about than bitcoin. I think the internet is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Activity: 672
The modern technology is much better and in that time internet cannot go down, as nowadays there are a lot of big businesses running online which are more important to us for the success and advancement of the nations.
Activity: 574
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Let's say it will really happen,however i dont think that internet all across the world could get destroyed.
The thing is that bitcoin is actually not physical,it is a bunch of code,number,and blocks and also people who trust this system,so they are willing to pay money for every bitcoin.
If internet would dissapear,also transactions could not go through,because they are made by a web,and we cannot expect "face to face" transactions,if it is digital.
Unless someone would predict it,and it would be possible to proove that you have bitcoin "with physical evidence" Tongue
Activity: 1568
Merit: 502
World is full of innovations, ideas and inventions.

Already we are at stage of entering to 21 century.

And bitcoin is biggest invention of this century.

Now as internet has protocol "http" same as bitcoin has their own protocol called "qt".

If world believe and accept Cryptography then there will be any other client to provide such a data transfer worldwide.

Today's world is connected through internet. And while R & d of bitcoins all things are already considered.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 502
World is full of innovations, ideas and inventions.

Already we are at stage of entering to 21 century.

And bitcoin is biggest invention of this century.

Now as internet has protocol "http" same as bitcoin has their own protocol called "qt".

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929

If this scenario happens,all the online money like paypal funds,skrill,payza,etc... that are not withdrawn are

gone.All the bitcoins in online wallets will be lost.Bitcoins in PC wallets might be preserved until the internet is

restored.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Well, i think internet is never goes down. If internet goes down, bitcoin will dead because no one can't using bitcoin on online, but maybe some people can use bitcoin with their offline wallet.
The internet will never go down globally. It might happen in some countries, but that's all.

The great thing is that mining farms and nodes are hosted in different places around the world.

If the internet in one country goes down, then there will always be the other countries left to keep Bitcoin up and running.

That's why it is very important also for the future that nodes and mining farms get spreaded around the globe wisely.
Wow that's a nice I dea and thank you for the info atleast we don't need to worry if its happen in any country we still have our own bitcoin. And  the internet that down will going back again.
There is any reason for this issue unless we happened to meet any natural calamities. Even then, we have secured / protected the whole system. Then system won't go down. It would function to its extend even if goes down.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
If Internet suddenly goes down, there must be a compelling reason for that.

Most likely, something really bad happened to the world. In that case, people wouldn't care much about BTC
Activity: 518
If the internet goes down i think bitcoin will probably go down with them.

Yeah, because the bitcoin rely on the internet for any transactions made. However I think if the internet goes down, bitcoin can still be used when we save a bitcoin wallet in offline. Because offline wallet can take them everywhere and I think it could be used for the transaction
Yeah we still can save the online wallet and can be used again when internet re-connected. You can also save you in your bitcoin paper wallet so you can take it anywhere but if the internet down although bitcoin will remain alive. but you will not be able to conduct transactions in bitcoin. so literally bitcoin will die
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
If internet goes down then there will be no any bitcoin as bitcoin is controlled by means of internet, but if there occurred any advancement in the technology and bitcoin is controlled like the credit cards  and debit cards through ATM like machines then it will not have any affect on bitcoin.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
If the internet goes down then its the end for bitcoin and we are going back to normal currency. but that is impossible to happen because currently internet and our technology are more advance so we dont have to worry about losing internet connection.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
bitcoin be accessed online, so if the internet goes down. the possibility of bitcoin will die. but it is certainly impossible. because the Internet will continue to grow rapidly. even in the future I am sure we will do all online.
Yes both bitcoin and Internet will just go up and up.There is no possiblity for both of them to go down.
I think i could also not survive with both of them . I just love internet and bitcoin which is introduced to me by internet. Smiley
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
If internet went down then bitcoin will dissapear aswell since all bitcoin transactions need internet. Nowadays internet is one of the effective way to connect all people around the world and I do believe that a bunch of people that competent on it will keep maintan and make sure that internet will be available for a very long time! So, no worry about it!

I think it is just like a "What if?" That is possible but you are also right. Many will have a problem without internet and society is used to it so someone will fix it if that happen.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
bitcoin be accessed online, so if the internet goes down. the possibility of bitcoin will die. but it is certainly impossible. because the Internet will continue to grow rapidly. even in the future I am sure we will do all online.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10

well the bitcoin wouldn't exist without internet. if the internet is we have lost our acess to our wallets and the entire network will down and the bitcoin will be worthless.
so, we just to go back to our old reliable paper money
Pages:
Jump to: