Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die? - page 45. (Read 5108 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 502
December 01, 2017, 12:10:00 PM
If you don't set up a proper plan, to let your loved ones know, then likely, they die with you. This is similar to those who bury their gold during "midnight gardening" and don't tell anyone, then keel over.
Yes, such incidents might have taken place with many users of our network. It's good to keep the people close to us or our family informed about the savings we've made. This will let someone close to us or family members get benefited through us. I have generated paper wallet along with private key and given to my sister.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
December 01, 2017, 12:06:19 PM
If you don't set up a proper plan, to let your loved ones know, then likely, they die with you. This is similar to those who bury their gold during "midnight gardening" and don't tell anyone, then keel over.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
December 01, 2017, 12:05:26 PM
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
Before I die forever There must be a plan that must be done later that is to teach a little knowledge to the family and the immediate family about bitcoin so that they can feel satisfactory results and make the existence of bitcoin grow back and accepted by society with openness.
Activity: 128
Merit: 1
December 01, 2017, 12:04:52 PM
My husband is also a bitcoiner. So there is nothing needs to worry. I have also tought my ten years old son how to use a bittcoin wallet. Of course, i have kept the private key in a save place that only my husband and son know. So, when i die, i will rest in peace.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
December 01, 2017, 11:56:29 AM
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

I hope, when I die, my bitcoins will pass to my heirs and bring a lot of joy. They will have nothing to deny themselves and this motivates them to act now.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
December 01, 2017, 11:54:10 AM

if I die then the bitcoin I have will be managed by my child. i will teach about bitcoin to my child.
I am looking for bitcoin at this time only for my family, therefore if i died then bitcoin that i have will be hold by my family.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
December 01, 2017, 09:55:03 AM
If a Bitcoin owner dies without passing on the private key, his heirs may discover his wallet only to realize that they will never gain access to the wealth inside. To prevent this, the owner simply has to ensure that someone gets a copy of the private key by writing it down, storing it on a flash memory drive, or entrusting it with a commercial service that manages them.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
December 01, 2017, 09:51:23 AM
well, I think, that the bitcoin you have will be trapped in the blockchain, or on the wallet you use. but, if you use the market, maybe the market will pick it up someday. but I do not know for sure about that.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
December 01, 2017, 09:48:21 AM
I have someone who knows what to do in that case, so they at least have access and the btc won't be lost.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
December 01, 2017, 09:44:01 AM
If i die, i think bitcoin will still be there. So before i die, i already told to my wife about my account so she can have access to open or use my bitcoin account.

It is not that I don't trust my family but these days, I think if I will be giving them my account, I think it will be quickly emptied even before I die. So I guess for now, I will be just holding for it. This was included in my last will so I think even if I die in an accident or some sorts, my wallet and hard work will not be in vain.
Activity: 684
Merit: 250
Early Funders Registration: monartis.com
December 01, 2017, 09:43:49 AM

I made that already,  i just started to make a copy of my private keys anything related to what im doing here i print it on a paper and gave them to my wife. Cause i dont know what will happen to me. Incase i will die my wife and my son will be my beneficiaries.
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
December 01, 2017, 09:41:15 AM
If you have someone who has the private key, then they can get it and benefit from it.  Otherwise, no one can get it and it just be there in your wallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
December 01, 2017, 09:40:44 AM
I keep an envelope in a safe with access details for my wife and kid in case the worst ever happened to me.
Activity: 61
December 01, 2017, 09:39:25 AM
Interesting. I laughed when i saw this question, don't think normal people will even think about this before!  Grin
The best way is to educate my next generation before that happens and to leave the private keys in a thumbdrive secured to my will. Provided i have a lot of bitcoins and the thumbdrive doesn't go crazy on them Smiley.
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
December 01, 2017, 09:35:05 AM
If I die I will leave all my bitcoins to my children ,I will teach them how to earn and get some bitcoin because If I have many bitcoin this is the only treasure that I can give to them.
Activity: 245
December 01, 2017, 09:32:02 AM
I think this is a pretty interesting question. When I die, all the bitcoins that I have I will leave to my family and relatives to use it. And before I die, I will teach my children how to use and earn more bitcoin
Activity: 127
December 01, 2017, 09:25:43 AM
If i die, i think bitcoin will still be there. So before i die, i already told to my wife about my account so she can have access to open or use my bitcoin account.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
December 01, 2017, 09:25:32 AM
If we hold a significant amount of bitcoins, writing testamentary letter could be the best idea, since bitcoin had incredible security, tamper-resistance putting all of your bitcoin related things on the letter is necessary.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
December 01, 2017, 09:20:10 AM
I created a little treasure chest for my family members and this is left with someone I trust. {Yes, I made alternative

arrangements, if something happens to that person} Only my family members will be able to decipher the clues, because

they are the only people who shared those experiences with me. I included a manual, but most of them already know how to

sweep paper wallets.  Wink
Activity: 1305
Merit: 511
December 01, 2017, 09:18:00 AM
Lets dont think that we will die now,  but for this topic my bestfriend is already all my account in bitcoin and altcoins.  Incase i will die.  He know already what to do. So guys just be sure that there are peole who knows your account, incase of emergency.

Instead of sharing your bitcoin details to know person you can share to your children and grandchildren.Bitcoin is also like a property and you know it's a asset you should share to next generation of yourself to gain from it.If you are 20-30 means,you will be live for 60 years after 40 years bitcoin price will be around 50k - 100k$.So you saving bitcoin will be treasure for your children. So better share about bitcoin to your children,for them only we are earning money keep in mind.
Pages:
Jump to: