Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die? - page 49. (Read 5108 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
November 27, 2017, 02:42:47 PM
Well, if you have a substantial amounts of bitcoins which can effect your heirs life in a positive way, I will recommend you to add it to your will. Don't mention the private key to your will, instead store the details of your bitcoin wallet in a secure location in your laptop or PC or in a piece of paper and mention that location details to your will, so that your heirs can find it after your death.

Else, have some faith on your wife and tell her everything about your bitcoins. Let her know how to access it and ask her to distribute it among your children after your death. But if you are holding a very small amount, then it's not worth having the bitcoin details included in your will.

I think no need to make a will of testament just to remind them about your Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency wealth. Your wife or your closest sibling will be the best person to entrust all your digital wealth because nobody knows what will happen. If we die they can still use our digital wealth.
That's the best thing, introduce Bitcoin and Crypto-Currency and Blockchain technology to your family in order to remind them that if one of the family member is gone then they can still access your assets.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 27, 2017, 02:35:48 PM
Well, if you have a substantial amounts of bitcoins which can effect your heirs life in a positive way, I will recommend you to add it to your will. Don't mention the private key to your will, instead store the details of your bitcoin wallet in a secure location in your laptop or PC or in a piece of paper and mention that location details to your will, so that your heirs can find it after your death.

Else, have some faith on your wife and tell her everything about your bitcoins. Let her know how to access it and ask her to distribute it among your children after your death. But if you are holding a very small amount, then it's not worth having the bitcoin details included in your will.
November 27, 2017, 02:30:43 PM
Well, it will be sent to my children or relatives, I guess  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

How could they do that? Unless you're going to give them your keys. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one will ever care and pass it on your relatives. When you lose your keys then you lose your money, and when we die, when it happens then they couldn't get whatever cryptocurrencies we have.
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
November 27, 2017, 02:23:59 PM
Well, it will be sent to my children or relatives, I guess  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
November 27, 2017, 02:23:23 PM
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
Pages:
Jump to: