Pages:
Author

Topic: What if a person died with BTC!! - page 2. (Read 2250 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 251
April 25, 2018, 07:46:59 AM
If something bad like happen bitcoin would be lost forver probably. Utill qunatum computers isn't exist it's impossible to decrypt bitcoin and return it to users.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
April 25, 2018, 07:39:54 AM
Bitcoin will disappear because the person is no longer claiming or using it because he is dead, then they can access it and they can continue what the person left or sold and used the money for something else.

There is the best way to do this is to keep your private key safe and tell your lawyer to hand it over to your wife or family members that you want to be in charge of Bitcoin when you go.
Activity: 177
Merit: 11
April 25, 2018, 07:30:42 AM
What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

chances are that his assets and assets will not move at all if his arit becomes a treasure, if he does not give or inform his family like his son or his wife or his parents so when he dies his assets can be handled by the family , it should be so.
It is very unfortunate if someone dies and doesnt have a backup plan to give all his private key to their family or relatives. I think they can make a last will that will have his Private key included to be given to their family once they are dead.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
April 25, 2018, 07:29:49 AM
That's a great question. I've thought about this many times myself.
Considering the value of BTC, it is very important that people treat this the same way they do other high value assets - real estate, cash, gold etc. so you leave a way for the family to get access to these assets.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
April 25, 2018, 07:29:19 AM
What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

I think no, it would not be the reason for bitcoin to be gone. Our local online wallet is an app and it can be linked in our facebook account, so in that case my closest family relatives can access through it and it may happen that they will use my earned bitcoin for good. They may continue to hold and invest it or to convert it into fiat and use it in practical living.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
April 25, 2018, 07:28:43 AM
It is up to the individual to have an agenda or some kind of annotation with all the information of their accounts, emails, passwords authentications, and inform a person of confidence of his family.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
April 25, 2018, 07:27:12 AM
What will happen??

chances are that his assets and assets will not move at all if his arit becomes a treasure, if he does not give or inform his family like his son or his wife or his parents so when he dies his assets can be handled by the family , it should be so.
Activity: 133
April 25, 2018, 07:21:48 AM
I think people should serious think about it....because no one really know when will the death arrive.
Activity: 134
April 25, 2018, 07:07:04 AM
If the person dies by not inheriting the address of his close friend or family it will inevitably be lost forever. So we better prepare anything that will happen to us in the future. And give some access to our family.
Activity: 46
April 25, 2018, 07:05:10 AM
you need to be prudent ... keep the keys and give them access to someone close to them.  but you will know that it will only be for your family and not for a multitude of heirs.
Activity: 266
April 25, 2018, 07:01:36 AM
It will be a most unfortunate situation, however, if a person died the bitcoin will be lost because the person is no longer to claim or use it because he is already dead. Unless that same person has a family or even a relative that knows or even have a smidge of knowledge about the encryption password, wallets, and address of this dead person, then they may access these and they can either continue on what the person left or sell it and use the money on something else. Otherwise, it's pretty much gone forever.
Merit: 100
PlayGame.com
April 25, 2018, 06:57:10 AM
the bitcoin will stuck on that wallet forever and ever, all people in this wolrd can't be withdraw the bticoin if they dont have the private key, and i think it will locked forever, unless the owner give the private key to you.
Activity: 324
April 25, 2018, 06:47:03 AM
I think it is better to have a copy with all passwords to be on the safe side. It will be pity if a person dies and his family won't be able to use this money. If there is at least one person whom you trust, you can give the code or organize everything so that the person will get access only in case you die. This can be one of the points in the official testament.
Activity: 257
Merit: 101
April 13, 2018, 08:35:17 AM
If a worker in bitcoin die maybe the bitcoin will be stuck forever on storage but of he already pass to another person for the next generation, the bitcoin are still existing to that person coz we all know that our life in earth is very short but we need to injest in other bank and invest for the benefits, someday we will earn the bitcoin for the future...
Activity: 20
April 13, 2018, 08:22:35 AM
In the event of death, I supposed that anyone who loves the sustenance and continues evolving of the crypto should, from the onset, consider bringing in a next of kin as an option. What shall it profit one then to make so much BTC only to have them confined in a place where noone can access? For me I think this subject is very important to keep our BTC from diminishing and eventual extinction.     
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
April 12, 2018, 08:58:59 PM
When something like this happening bitcoins their bitcoins is litteraly dying too but only if he didn't saved information about his accounts and wallets to his relatives.
Activity: 126
April 12, 2018, 08:54:27 PM
there may not have that for or to be pass with other for cause only he is the one to be able to know more about what he may save for even how many is that there is still that it will may look for nothing.
April 12, 2018, 06:05:55 PM
Then both, and the deceased person, and bitcoin will forever leave our world. True, they will not be together: the soul of the deceased will return to his afterlife, and bitcoin, into his virtual world. Until they find or find a secret key to it, bitcoin will be encrypted in the block-chain block-chain.
However, they say, quantum computers will be able to calculate secret keys fairly quickly. Then there will be a real opportunity to restore all the lost keys to the purses, well, along with this and get to our purses with you.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
April 12, 2018, 04:54:03 PM
I think if a person dies for an unexpected reason. They can not say the password to relatives. I think Bitcoin will be stuck in their wallet forever. And that will reduce the amount of bitcoin in the world because we know that the number of bitcoins in the world is limited.
But it will be god to share with one person only as all of us are investing in bitcoin for the sake of our family so we should invest in bitcoin but try to share about the password with anyone of your family member or your parents because it will help you not let your bitcoin go wasted, right now the price of bitcoin is good but will be useful to take care of your bitcoin and reduce the risk of your bitcoin at the time of your death, as human life has no guarantee but bitcoin is guaranteed to increase for sure.
Activity: 448
April 12, 2018, 01:35:51 AM
If the person never gave anyone the private key of the btc,  then it will forever remain in the wallet,  the best way to do it is to store your private key in a safe and tell your lawyer to hand it over to your wife or any member of your family that you want in charge of the bitcoin when you are gone. better still,  you can grant your wife access to the private key incase something happens to you.

It's better to have someone whom you trust the most who knows your private keys. We don't know what will happen to us so better be ready at all times.
Pages:
Jump to: