Pages:
Author

Topic: What if a person died with BTC!! - page 5. (Read 2250 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
February 24, 2018, 03:25:13 AM
As a bitcoiner we must always think about our profit or money that is we invest in a project. All of those money will become useless if we died. So, our family must know our wealth as a bitcoiner. They must also know about our earnings, private key and wallet or account in bitcoin. No one can predict our life so, we must be ready at all times.
Yes when death will come nobody will know anytime it will come. if it happens then your bitcoins and altcoins will become no use it will not help to anyone. that's why we have to inform any of our closed once about our bitcoin activity and we have to inform them where we have stored all private keys and other information regarding our wallets.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 24, 2018, 02:23:57 AM
As a bitcoiner we must always think about our profit or money that is we invest in a project. All of those money will become useless if we died. So, our family must know our wealth as a bitcoiner. They must also know about our earnings, private key and wallet or account in bitcoin. No one can predict our life so, we must be ready at all times.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
February 24, 2018, 02:22:58 AM
What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.
when a person dies while having bitcoins on his or her wallet, it is still there and nobody can have access to that.  It will still remain on the dead person's account and will not disappear unless some people have taken it. But it is can be prevented, whether your account has more or less money,one of your family member or one of your loved ones need to know the password of your account so they can access the dead person's money on its wallet. The money will be stucked there unless external interference takes place. The bitcoins that are remained in the account are considered now worthless if not used because it will not be part of circulatuon.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 24, 2018, 02:15:23 AM
It i s very important to let your love ones or family knows your passwords and keys .
You cant let all your planning and hardwork go down the drain.
Activity: 276
February 24, 2018, 02:14:25 AM
Nothing terrible will happen. Bitcoins simply "will hang" in the air.
This idea also comes first in my mind after reading the question. I also think that the bitcoin will only be left out unless there is someone who the dead perso have given his/her account and access the bitcoin.
Activity: 196
February 24, 2018, 01:43:09 AM
What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.
This is a very interesting answer. Since bitcoin is not regulated like banks. Then we could say that the bitcoin within his wallet would no longer be part of the over all circulating supply. The total 21 million that is to be produced in bitcoin would not be adjusted. If I'm not mistaken there is at least 3-4 million that is considered at lost right now. Meaning this are within the people who forgot their password, lost hard drives and other reasons.
Activity: 128
February 22, 2018, 01:08:31 PM
can be. if the person is doing this bitcoin with no patience investing with this bitcoin or trading, and having a heart attack. hopefully it does not happen to us all these bitcoin users. just do it all with patience.
Activity: 406
February 22, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
It is wise to think at our dear ones in case something happens to us. Keep password copies and share them with the people you can trust (your life partner, parents)
Activity: 22
February 22, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
Nothing terrible will happen. Bitcoins simply "will hang" in the air.
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
February 22, 2018, 12:57:23 PM
I found an article similar to this topic on CNBC. There are many interesting facts mentioned on the site.
Find the link below
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/your-bitcoin-may-be-lost-for-good-if-you-die-without-a-plan-for-it.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain
Activity: 154
February 01, 2018, 02:04:05 PM
When something like this happening bitcoins their bitcoins is litteraly dying too but only if he didn't saved information about his accounts and wallets to his relatives.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
February 01, 2018, 01:51:49 PM
What will happen??

The only way for cyrptocurrency to be handed to other wallet is through block chain and because of that, those people who died without using their cyrptocurrency or passing the password will be just a waste and will not circulate on the market.
there may not have that for or to be pass with other for cause only he is the one to be able to know more about what he may save for even how many is that there is still that it will may look for nothing.
Activity: 448
Lets Go Adab
February 01, 2018, 01:47:56 PM
What will happen??

The only way for cyrptocurrency to be handed to other wallet is through block chain and because of that, those people who died without using their cyrptocurrency or passing the password will be just a waste and will not circulate on the market.
Activity: 218
Merit: 101
Blockchain with solar energy
February 01, 2018, 01:34:33 PM
If the person died without entrusting the private keys to anyone, it cannot be moved anymore, it will just sit there forever. Although it will not affect the market unless you have a very large amount of bitcoins, I think its a good thing because there will be lesser circulating supply on bitcoin in the future, thus may affect the price.
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 12:53:58 PM
If a person died with a lot of btc to his acct, he'll pretty make sure that he has someone to left it to Cheesy cause idunno whats gonna happen if a person died without leaving any consent to his family or friends to gain access to his accts.
Activity: 862
February 01, 2018, 11:18:06 AM
If the one who died passed the address and the private keys of his account then the btc should be fine and the one who acquired the keys can use them for their own choosing, its a lot like when you died and you gave all your belongings to someone. Its is the same concept whatsoever.

Just by trusting one person to continue your struggle to find Bitcoin and help the people you care about because you have left them behind. It seems that before they die they will give cues or omens to inform the people they trust.
Activity: 308
February 01, 2018, 12:53:33 PM
I have recently heard a real case (2 weeks ago). A man died and his nephew and some It guys managed to recover all his password and accounts from his emails and from the "save password" function. I think there is a solution for almost everything
Activity: 224
February 01, 2018, 12:51:41 PM
If no one has access to your wallet, BTC can be no loss forever. You should to give information to family or trusted person.
Activity: 58
February 01, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
The bitcoin can be used by the family or someone else only with the private key, there is no other way. If the phantom did not a backup of the private key, nobody can access them.
Activity: 127
February 01, 2018, 11:17:10 AM
His BTC will be left there forever if noone know the password (online wallet) or the private key (offline wallet). They won't disappear, just lying over there without changing ( Unless those BTC are in a online website like coinbase , the owner of that website will take over them i guess).

I do learn something from this topic , share your private key, your password to your family to protect your own assets .
Pages:
Jump to: