Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday? - page 26. (Read 8189 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Es muy poco probable que eso suceda
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
we don't know what will happen in the future, but for the time being I have an opinion that ethereum cannot possibly replace bitcoin, although ethereum continues to develop but it is difficult to match the position of bitcoin, in terms of dominance, popularity, volume, and investor confidence then there is no altcoin that can beat bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

I don't see them replacing Bitcoin unless they address the issue of scalability of their network, https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/08/19/vitalik-buterin-ethereum-blockchain-almost-full-scalability/

they suffer bottleneck and this is one of the hindrances of Ethereum massive adoption, and so far the number indicates that they are not closing the gap with Bitcoin, Bitcoin gap is still very high.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Different chains, different protocols, many things are different between Bitcoin and Ethereum. One chain can`t replace other chains, it`s impossible. Ethereum can replace Bitcoin only on market cap position, in terms of value, but that will not happen anytime soon. The bitcoin community is still the strongest crypto community, Ethereum is behind Bitcoin every meaning, and I don`t know why people think there is any project at the moment that can replace Bitcoin on that first place.
Activity: 406
Merit: 5
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
I dont see this ever happening..Ethereum has a larger supply and lets fsce it there hsve been little or no development on the ethereum blockchain lately..The value keeps dumping with every single pump in btc and hss returned to its All time low in three years...Ethereum is underperforming and will loose its position in thr top10

Activity: 431
Merit: 18
It is always a possibility that bitcoin will be toppled someday, however i don't believe that ethereum is the cryptocurrency that will demote Bitcoin from the number 1 spot. This is because ethereum itself is under threat from cryptocurrencies like ripple, BNB and litecoin for its number 2 spot on the coinmarketcap
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
ETH is better than BTC in terms of it's system or usage, but what makes BTC more powerful and popular is its natural feature, there's no changes, and still the same BTC that we love even before. I consider it as the money in crypto that everyone prefers to hold and trust, and I don't see it will be replace in the future, and although ETH has a lot of usage there's also a lot of altcoins in the market now that are competing and more in the future but that would not make bitcoin obsolete because it's what people chooses to hold and trust even more.

The dominant rate might drop but it will still lead in the market.

That makes sense. After all, a Blockchain with a single purpose, seems to be much more stable and resilient for mainstream transactions. Bitcoin being the first cryptocurrency ever created is a Blockchain which fits the bill nicely. While Ethereum is capable of doing much more than Bitcoin, I believe that both cryptocurrencies will remain in the space for the foreseeable future. Bitcoin serves well as digital money, while Ethereum serves well as a platform for decentralized applications. Both have their respective advantages/disadvantages, which is why one cannot replace the other.

Still though, if Ethereum becomes battle-tested over time, it could become Bitcoin's greatest successor yet. As far as I know, Ethereum is much more flexible than Bitcoin, as it allows developers to expand its use cases in many ways. With Ethereum, there's no need to start a Blockchain from scratch as developers can create their own tokens secured by the ETH blockchain. All that is needed is some knowledge related to Solidity (programming language), and you're good to go. In contrast, you cannot do this with Bitcoin forcing you to create a Blockchain from scratch (or a fork) that would lack the necessary level of security and reliability to keep going from the start.

Despite the many benefits Ethereum brings to the mainstream world, it's best for both Bitcoin and Ethereum to head their separate ways for the foreseeable future. Time will tell us whenever smart contracts will truly keep their promise, or not. No matter what happens, it seems to me that Blockchain suits better as a financial application than anything else (as smart contracts have been proven to be extremely buggy). Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
Etherium will still remain etherium while bitcoin will continue to lead the blockchain technology by value and prominence. The recent dominance in bitcoin over altcoins is a clear indication that it has come to stay and have gained much relevance and attention. I doubt such possibility will ever exisit
I cannot see ethereum replaced bitcoin in the future. Both has really provide a great usage to the users and it has a different purpose as crypto. True bitcoin dominance is really existing and high and cannot replaces in the future.
In the future, everything can be. No one knows in which direction the development of cryptocurrency will go. Maybe, in general, one or a lot of coins will appear, which will far surpass all existing cryptocurrencies in functionality. The ethereum coin needs to be improved for a long time before it can replace Bitcoin.
I also think that Ethereum has a lot of chances to take first place in the cryptocurrency market. We even now see how the liquidity of Ethereum approached the liquidity of Bitcoin.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
Etherium will still remain etherium while bitcoin will continue to lead the blockchain technology by value and prominence. The recent dominance in bitcoin over altcoins is a clear indication that it has come to stay and have gained much relevance and attention. I doubt such possibility will ever exisit
I cannot see ethereum replaced bitcoin in the future. Both has really provide a great usage to the users and it has a different purpose as crypto. True bitcoin dominance is really existing and high and cannot replaces in the future.
In the future, everything can be. No one knows in which direction the development of cryptocurrency will go. Maybe, in general, one or a lot of coins will appear, which will far surpass all existing cryptocurrencies in functionality. The ethereum coin needs to be improved for a long time before it can replace Bitcoin.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
in my judgment, Ethrereum does have many functions that are very similar to bitcoin, it can even be said that more people use Ethrereum in developing a project. because of this, many people say that Ethrereum has the potential to replace bitcoin.

Now, Ethrereum is very useful, personally, I also have a number of Ethrereums because I believe in their potential. but, I think, at the moment bitcoin is prioritized more than bitcoin, because bitcoin is valued as an investment tool, and its price is volatile and high enough to make many people target it. other than that, I think, many people who have Ethrereum convert it into bitcoin to be detained for a long time. In essence, bitcoin is valued as an investment tool, and transaction, while Ethrereum is considered as a tool for developing projects. Well, I rate it that way. so, I think Ethereum is very difficult to replace bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
Ethereum will never replace Bitcoin I think, these projects are too different. Bitcoin is like crypto gold now and people are treating it like gold when thinking about investing here. Ethereum is like USD I think - many other currencies are working on it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
if I personally think that ethereum will also find it difficult to replace bitcoin, because now the price of bitcoin has also been seen and the value is also further than the ethereum price, so I am not sure the ethereum price can exceed the price of bitcoin.

Agree, it's hard to imagine ethereum replacing bitcoin as king in the cryptocurrency market. Ethereum is currently starting many competitors such as EOS, BNB Coin or Cardano. Until now, investors have more confidence in bitcoin and this is evidenced by the increasing dominance of bitcoin
Activity: 38
It will be possible. Both are formulated as anonymous transactions but they have different blockchain system.
Anonymous only because it's just a wallet transaction that can be seen in the blockchain but I don't call it anonymous because trading platforms nowadays are already requiring us some KYC and once it's in the blockchain, transactions are already traceable, and we also have some experts in the space to do that.

But if we weigh the potentials between the two, eth has a lot to offer
Everyone would agree with that.

and can stand up to beat bitcoin.
But this one, I think majority would not agree because majority of the investors are prioritizing BTC in their portfolio then just diverse to alts.
I agree with you. After the ups and downs, bitcoin always proved to be the coin king. That proved to show everyone's trust about it.
Activity: 38
For everyone, bitcoin is the king of coins! It greatly affects the whole market.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
It will be possible. Both are formulated as anonymous transactions but they have different blockchain system.
Anonymous only because it's just a wallet transaction that can be seen in the blockchain but I don't call it anonymous because trading platforms nowadays are already requiring us some KYC and once it's in the blockchain, transactions are already traceable, and we also have some experts in the space to do that.

But if we weigh the potentials between the two, eth has a lot to offer
Everyone would agree with that.

and can stand up to beat bitcoin.
But this one, I think majority would not agree because majority of the investors are prioritizing BTC in their portfolio then just diverse to alts.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
Yet it's possible in as Ethereum supported a lot successful of altcoins/tokens. If more traders and investors use ETH market more than BTC market, we can expect the ETH to replace BTC in largest marketcap. Another potential factor that will make it happen, is its development. We all know that its founder Vitalik is still active until now, reachable through social media. With his influence, more investors may go for ETH.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
Bitcoin and ethereum are considered the most potential cryptos in the market but no one can deny bitcoin's advantage towards ethereum.It is still the most trusted by the crypto community and the best store of value for now.Although bitcoin dominated the crypto market today,but i still see little chances for ethereum to replace bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
That someday could happen 10 years from now, and Ethereum should deal first with his closest competitor like Binance, Ethereum is not really the big threat, the big threat really is the bitcoin forks like Bitcoincash and other Bitcoin forks that coming in closer.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
copper member
Activity: 376
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: