Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday? - page 27. (Read 8189 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 1
Ethereum can never beat Bitcoin, Bitcoin is the giant of all altcoins. And will always be the best
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
Those things you have mentioned are fact but nothing beats bitcoin as the best store of value.
And for ethereum to be able to replace bitcoin someday it needs huge gain for its market cap but I doubt this is will ever happen. I'm an ethereum holder though.

Woow such a fancy dream, wish it would be a reality  but I doubt if that reality would ever be possible cos Bitcoin already have its root rooted deep while to me Ethereum is still trying to meet up but none the less it's still a good one

This ought to have been known long time ago. Had it been ethereum, being the second in rank is able to outrun bitcoin, then it would not have struggled with XRP like it did sometimes ago. It's competition would have been geared towards bitcoin, but as it is, my expectation is just for it to grow and not to think of replacing bitcoin.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
Those things you have mentioned are fact but nothing beats bitcoin as the best store of value.
And for ethereum to be able to replace bitcoin someday it needs huge gain for its market cap but I doubt this is will ever happen. I'm an ethereum holder though.

Woow such a fancy dream, wish it would be a reality  but I doubt if that reality would ever be possible cos Bitcoin already have its root rooted deep while to me Ethereum is still trying to meet up but none the less it's still a good one
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
I think that can't happen. ETH is irreplaceable because BTC has been around for the first time, and the most widely used in e-commerce. Therefore, the BTC has a large community and dominance in the market. BTC is always at the top of the rankings that ETH cannot overcome.
Activity: 668
Merit: 100
DogData
I think that if Ethereum could do this, it would already do it.  He had a lot of time for this.  But since this did not happen, it will never happen.
Ethereum will not replace even the other crypto will not be able to replace because they are still altcoins that are in the cryptocurrency commodity now and the position of bitcoin is irreplaceable
copper member
Activity: 358
Merit: 2
No one of altcoin can "beat" the bitcoin, simple : bitcoin have a lot off user and most of transaction base on btc pair
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh
although ethereum continues to progress and development is getting better but it is still difficult for ethereum to replace bitcoin, bitcoin is superior in all aspects, in terms of community, volume and market dominance difficult for other altcoins including ethereum to replace the position of bitcoin, ethereum does have a capitalization the second largest market after bitcoin, but ethereum will only be able to accompany bitcoin and cannot possibly replace bitcoin
Activity: 770
I am not sure that ethereum will be able to replace bitcoin, the fact is that just now it has answered that, ethereum is having difficulty balancing bitcoin. besides that many investors are turning to IEO and this also makes the progress of ethereum slowing down.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

Dapps is no longer a spectacular project, because now there are many Dapps projects that are better than ethereum.

if that's the only advantage of ethereum, I think it's very difficult to replace bitcoin. even if ethereum does not develop, they can be replaced by competitors. EOS, Cardano, Tron and staller every day continues to grow. and today ethereum still has difficulty coping with their problems.

so basically I don't think ethereum will replace bitcoin.
right, ethereum development is arguably not as expected, although it currently has liquidity number 2 after bitcoin, but it is far adrift for liquidity, while under ethereum there are many good altcoins, and its liquidity with ETH is not far. and I agree that ethereum is difficult to replace bitcoin, if there is no innovation

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

I don't have anything against Ethereum it is a coin that deserves it's potential in the market, but right now, if we do reality check I don't see Ethereum as a big threat to Bitcoin dominance, in fact, Bitcoin is enjoying big advantages on all the coins in the market and, the advantages are getting wide.
Activity: 728
if it is true that ethereum will replace bitcoin someday, then bitcoin's reputation will be greatly reduced. even other cryptocurrency will be very influential. for me it is impossible for ethereum to rise above bitcoin, bitcoin is too strong fundamentally
Activity: 793
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is going to be a global reserve. I do not think that smart-contract ecosystem could overbeat all money in the world.  Tongue
Activity: 821
Volare.network

Dapps is no longer a spectacular project, because now there are many Dapps projects that are better than ethereum.

if that's the only advantage of ethereum, I think it's very difficult to replace bitcoin. even if ethereum does not develop, they can be replaced by competitors. EOS, Cardano, Tron and staller every day continues to grow. and today ethereum still has difficulty coping with their problems.

so basically I don't think ethereum will replace bitcoin.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12

Crypto is unpredictable so I wont be surprised when such happens but for now Bitcoin still leading and Ethereum has to undergo a lot in other to replace Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
When Ethereum replaced Bitcoin from market value, it represented the arrival of the new blockchain era. I think the technology application has already landed. I think that era will come, maybe it will be other cryptocurrencies. It is not necessary to be Ethereum. The future may also be other cryptocurrencies, just personal guesses.

It will not happen. Ethereum is cheaper and faster, and it has more possibilities, but it is not for accumulating money. With BTC, you can get profits. ETH is about creating a new system through smart contracts and decentralized applications for use cases that were previously impossible.
These cryptocurrencies do not compete, and Ethereum is not going to take the leading position.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Ethereum is a better cryptocurrency than Bitcoin from some perspective, but as digital currency Bitcoin is still more natural, Ethereum has several uses such as smart contract and native coins which doesn't make it a true currency. If Ethereum will replace Bitcoin it will only be as more advance, but Bitcoin will never be replaced as the native cryptocurrency.
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
bitcoin dominance is now more than 65%, and how can ethereum replace bitcoin, whereas they only have 7% volume of the entire marketcap. I think this is very improbable and plus the number of shit coins in the ethereum network, making ethereum look bad. ethereum will never be able to replace bitcoin even if they launch ethereum 2.0 or even the POS consensus.
Activity: 662
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
I don't think that's possible. ethereum replacing bitcoin is something that is very impossible. I'm even more certain if ethereum will be replaced by ethereum competitors like EOS, Stellar, or even Binance Chain in the future. if ethereum hasn't solved the scalability problem, they won't be able to develop.
Activity: 458
I think it is impossible Ethereum will be able to replace Bitcoin someday, but because of this Cryptocurrency where anything can happen it can become possible. If Ethereum replaces Bitcoin later this will become a big history, where Ethereum has a very popular platform among the Cryptocurrency projects. Then this will be very expensive, and Cryptocurrency will fully make Ethereum a favorite coin in investment and trade.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
No altcoin will ever replace Bitcoin, I understand you just made some analysis on this and not actually implying that it will come to past. Bitcoin being the pace setter is by far the best crypto for long term, this can be seen from the market dominance, which hit 70% recently. Ethereum is great with developments from onset, no doubt, but I also think the developers are more relaxed now and that's why they keep postponing the launch of ETH 2.0.
Pages:
Jump to: