Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday? - page 22. (Read 8189 times)

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711
Telegram @tokensfund
If this occurs that will be a revolution to the crypto market. Currently, Bitcoin is the no1 choice for every crypto user. Ethereum has to hit $10000+ to replace Bitcoin in terms of price. Which I assume really really touch for Ethereum and any different coin.

So, I don't deem this is going to happen but it's not impossible also. Ethreum has the so-called "Potential" but how this kind of potential would help to cross-over bitcoin, time will say. I think If any coin can replace bitcoin that will be a brand new coin that didn't appear in the market till now. Because we are seeing how altcoin is performing in the market.
Activity: 606
Merit: 10
Bitcoin have great potential forever with have stable price every time, ethereum is not possible could replace of bitcoin place because have lower price and not stable.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Actually, it is quite possible that Bitcoin will be replaced one day, but I am not sure it can be Ethereum. It has a strong ecosystem, but it also has problems with scalability which might be a critical issue.

The scalability issue shouldn't be any reason to worry, since Ethereum's developers are working hard towards improving transaction capacity for the ETH blockchain. It's been somewhat slow in development over the past years, but it has managed to deliver as promised. With the adoption of PoS and Sharding, Ethereum could become a true game changer in the entire crypto industry. In its current state, Ethereum is already faster and cheaper than Bitcoin. With smart contract functionality, its applications can be expanded to areas beyond finance. Despite this, it's becoming unlikely that ETH will replace Bitcoin anytime soon because it's way behind in market cap. The limitless supply of ETH doesn't help it achieve a higher price in any way.

In contrast, Bitcoin is finite by design having a greater possibility of increasing in price than Ethereum itself. With so many people using Bitcoin for daily transactions, it's becoming harder for Ethereum to outpace it every step of the way. Which is why, it's best for ETH to remain as is, to help complement Bitcoin for certain tasks that cannot be fulfilled. Diversity is great for the entire ecosystem as it will allow Blockchain technology to become better over time. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Ok, thanks!
But do you thin minig is profitable now? Or will it someday become so? Why do you plan to order?
Profitable, as I researched if you count all expenses and have much free time to spend on threads like this:)
The fact is that without decent miners you wont achieve anything on this field
I have seen many offers and on  globemining in particular, that's why I asked about it. I really need a decent  miner
I guess globemining is a right place then. Good luck in mining
I appreciated communicating with you, thanks!
Activity: 70

Ok, thanks!
But do you thin minig is profitable now? Or will it someday become so? Why do you plan to order?
Profitable, as I researched if you count all expenses and have much free time to spend on threads like this:)
I have seen many offers and on  globemining in particular, that's why I asked about it. I really need a decent  miner
I guess globemining is a right place then. Good luck in mining

Ok, thanks!

Ok, thanks!

Ok, thanks!

Ok, thanks!
Hello, thread! Who knows the globemining  shop or their website?? I want to order from them, who had purchased or communicated with them before?
Hi, have ordered  from them, delivered and plugged everything in in 2 days, good service, can recommend. I always recommend them when it comes to mining. Despite all good about globemining there may occur some problems but they give a discount
The have worldwide shipping for free?
Not sure about setting it up. I self assited with my order Anyway call their office to be sure you are talking to right guys
Ok, thanks!
Hello, thread! Who knows the globemining  shop or their website?? I want to order from them, who had purchased or communicated with them before?
Hi, have ordered  from them, delivered and plugged everything in in 2 days, good service, can recommend. I always recommend them when it comes to mining. Despite all good about globemining there may occur some problems but they give a discount
Not sure about setting it up. I self assited with my order Anyway call their office to be sure you are talking to right guys
Activity: 994
Merit: 391
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

You are right, but this is not the end of the world. Many people even will not know which cryptocurrency is number one. They just will use it. Number one or number 2 is just a number in the coinmarket cap. Nothing more.
Activity: 39
I don't know. To me, the idea of Ethereum replacing Bitcoin is like apples replacing oranges. But stranger things have happened...
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
Even as much as there could be a possibility in the long future, I still believe it would be very difficult for ethereum to attain that height owing to the fact that bitcoin has a substantial coin market cap which will be difficult for eth to overtake.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Ethereum has same problem as many more other cryptocurrencies, they look technically better than Bitcoin. But what about decentralization, safety and adoption? There is no altcoin that can really compete with Bitcoin in these considerations.
Activity: 271
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

I think that Ethereum has no chance to replace Bitcoin even in the very distant future. Ethereum was once the only coin with the possibility of smart contracts, and even then it could not compete with bitcoin. Now there are many platforms on which tokens of new projects are issued and all of them are in great competition with Ethereum, so it does not become stronger every year.
Activity: 1764

Everything is certainly possible, but I don’t think that this will happen very soon, and indeed whether it will happen is very difficult to say. I think first all the major players and manipulators must stop trading with bitcoin and switch to ethereum trading completely and then I think that everything will be possible and I agree with you, ethereum is constantly developing and showing incredible achievements and if everyone will look at how many companies use ethereum  services and technology, anything can happen in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: